Author Topic: Ebola Outbreak  (Read 86756 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Ebola Outbreak
« Reply #100 on: September 05, 2018, 10:05:01 PM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6134833/Emirates-flight-Vanilla-Ice-onboard-quarantined-JFK.html

Hmmm ......... might be nothing, might be flu, might be MERS, might be something else.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #101 on: September 06, 2018, 06:54:46 AM »
Yeah, somebody radioed ahead.  It's seems obvious somebody knows more details.  Could be anything...definitely would not feel thrilled to be on that plane.  So I happy I gave up flying.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #103 on: September 07, 2018, 11:33:03 AM »
  Open those borders!!!
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #104 on: September 08, 2018, 09:38:42 AM »
 ::facepalm::

Here we go again.

It's a matter of when, not if...an infected person just waltzes through wherever...

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #105 on: September 08, 2018, 10:02:47 AM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6134833/Emirates-flight-Vanilla-Ice-onboard-quarantined-JFK.html

Hmmm ......... might be nothing, might be flu, might be MERS, might be something else.

Damn, should have known!

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/mecca-pilgrims-ill-us-airports-haj-saudi-arabia-10696946

On Wednesday, US health officials sent an emergency response team with mobile diagnostic equipment to John F Kennedy International Airport in New York after they were told that more than 100 passengers aboard an Emirates airlines flight from Dubai were experiencing flu-like symptoms.

Dr Martin Cetron, director for the division of Global Migration and Quarantine at the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, told Reuters in a telephone interview that health officials evaluated nearly 549 passengers at the airport, and sent a total of 11 people to a local hospital for more testing.

Ten people were tested for a battery of respiratory viruses and bacteria in hopes of ruling out serious pathogens that could present a public health threat.

Two of them tested positive for an especially virulent type of influenza A virus, and one of the two, who was gravely ill with pneumonia, was co-infected with another respiratory virus, Cetron said. A third person tested positive for a cold virus.

All three had taken part in the Haj, which this year drew 2 million people to Mecca, Cetron said.
The next day, two flights arriving in Philadelphia from Europe were screened by medical teams after 12 passengers reported flu-like symptoms. One of them had visited Mecca for the Haj.

Cetron said health officials in New York had been prepared to quarantine a large group of sick passengers in an area at the airport. From a total of 11 passengers taken to hospital for evaluation, 10 were tested for respiratory symptoms; one showed signs of food poisoning.

"It was a much smaller incident. That's not uncommon," Cetron said. "Often the incoming information from multiple sources can be exaggerated beyond what we really find."

All 10 patients with respiratory symptoms tested negative for the Middle East Respiratory Syndrome or MERS, a highly infectious and deadly respiratory infection that was first identified in the Middle East in 2012.

Reading between the lines...no protocol for people who don't complain or do not exhibit alarming symptoms...meaning if bio-weaponized suicidal carriers wanted to, they could infiltrate while early in an infected state with something nasty and extremely contagious and nobody would be radioing ahead to do a quarantine...and the nasty would be well established and spreading by the time they knew something was terribly wrong.

Here's an idea...

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #106 on: September 08, 2018, 11:36:01 AM »
  If you believe the CDC that were all good.  I suspect everyone right about now.
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #107 on: October 29, 2018, 06:10:47 AM »
http://raconteurreport.blogspot.com/2018/10/well-thats-problem.html

... This is now probably going to skyrocket presently, because it's going to keep spreading exposure faster than they can contain it and vaccinate around it, not least of which because they had over 40 burials that were not done properly, which exposes family members to the virus from contaminated corpses.

That's how you get an outbreak that won't taper off.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #108 on: October 29, 2018, 07:41:24 AM »
http://raconteurreport.blogspot.com/2018/10/well-thats-problem.html

... This is now probably going to skyrocket presently, because it's going to keep spreading exposure faster than they can contain it and vaccinate around it, not least of which because they had over 40 burials that were not done properly, which exposes family members to the virus from contaminated corpses.

That's how you get an outbreak that won't taper off.

Africa...just quarantine it already!!!

::pullhair::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #109 on: November 08, 2018, 09:52:09 AM »
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Robert Redfield said Monday that the Ebola outbreak in conflict-ridden Congo has become so serious that international public health experts need to consider the possibility that it cannot be brought under control and instead will become entrenched.

If that happened, it would be the first time since the deadly viral disease was first identified in 1976 that an Ebola outbreak led to the persistent presence of the disease. In all previous outbreaks, most of which took place in remote areas, the disease was contained before it spread widely. The current outbreak is entering its fourth month, with nearly 300 cases, including 186 deaths.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2018/11/05/cdc-director-warns-that-congos-ebola-outbreak-may-not-be-containable/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.f2b62fe01c6c

H/T http://www.anonymousconservative.com/blog/

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #110 on: November 08, 2018, 11:29:43 AM »
Yeah...let's not quarantine that hot-zone...or all of Africa...or suspend free travel between...

I was told there would be new white sneakers and purple shrouds first?!

::speechless::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #111 on: November 08, 2018, 12:12:05 PM »

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #112 on: November 08, 2018, 12:26:16 PM »
Ahhhh...ummmmm....

"entrenched"?

Yeah...might want to get working on a LOT of trenches...they're gonna fill up fast...

::)

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #114 on: December 09, 2018, 08:19:32 AM »
http://fortune.com/2018/12/07/africa-congo-ebola-outbreak-2018-butembo/

... The ongoing Ebola virus outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo has now reached Butembo, a city of over one million residents near the Ugandan border, according to the Associated Press.

...There’s an additional cause for concern as the outbreak continues: whether the vaccine stockpile will hold up. Specifically, health experts are concerned that the reserve of an experimental vaccine will run out as the epidemic continues without any sign of abating, according to the AP.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #115 on: December 12, 2018, 11:28:55 AM »
http://fortune.com/2018/12/07/africa-congo-ebola-outbreak-2018-butembo/

... The ongoing Ebola virus outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo has now reached Butembo, a city of over one million residents near the Ugandan border, according to the Associated Press.

...There’s an additional cause for concern as the outbreak continues: whether the vaccine stockpile will hold up. Specifically, health experts are concerned that the reserve of an experimental vaccine will run out as the epidemic continues without any sign of abating, according to the AP.

Q. Would you stick around if you were offered the vaccine?
Yes. Long enough to get the vaccine.
Currently, of those who have received the experimental vaccine on an emergency basis, there have been zero Ebola infections, and no serious side effects noted.
Once I had gotten it, I would still GTFO of Dodge, and then hunker down somewhere behind concertina wire with clear fields of fire.
Q. What are the chances that vaccinated people could inadvertently infect a loved one by accidentally bringing the virus home through poor infectious control procedures?

Exactly the same as unvaccinated people doing that. If Ebola comes in, GTFO.
Period. If you can get vaccinated first, do that. Then GTFO.

Q. Is it even possible to ramp up vaccine production to one hundred million or a billion doses? We know Ebola can produce enough virus.
No effing idea. That's a question for the bean counters at Merck, Glaxo-Smith-Klein, etc. It's mainly a question of time, resource allocation, and facilities available. Making Ebola vaccine probably means they're not making tetanus, measles, and flu shots, for example, which killed more people in the 20th century than Ebola has in all outbreaks combined. In any event, it's a months-long process, and depending on when you start, you may be too late to succeed, because you won't have enough until six months after everyone in the affected area is dead. Complicating things is that so far, the vaccine is still experimental, and only being used on humans in the affected hot zone(s), because so far, there's been no full clinical trials.

http://raconteurreport.blogspot.com/2018/12/questions-i-get-questions.html

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #116 on: December 30, 2018, 02:58:48 PM »

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #117 on: December 30, 2018, 03:55:42 PM »
  Perfect just perfect.
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #118 on: December 31, 2018, 10:57:16 AM »
I think Aesop sums it up best...especially with the graphics -

https://raconteurreport.blogspot.com/2018/12/ebola-update.html

Yup, only 23 available beds nationwide and of those only 11 staffed...and a minimum 25+ day incubation period...and 14 days is good enough for them...

Yup...perfect.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #119 on: April 20, 2019, 11:29:34 AM »