Author Topic: US-born kids of illegal aliens lose rights in Mexico  (Read 1173 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
US-born kids of illegal aliens lose rights in Mexico
« on: July 25, 2012, 01:38:13 PM »
Lots of red tape and byzantine laws and regulations for gaining legality in Mexico

One by one, the parents filed inside, sat down before a Mexican government worker and told stories of lives that had crossed the U.S.-Mexico border twice. First, they crossed illegally into the United States for work, found jobs, and had children. Then, they were caught and deported, or left on their own as the work dried up with the U.S. economic slump. Now they are back in Mexico with children who are American citizens by virtue of being born on U.S. soil.

Because of the byzantine rules of Mexican and U.S. bureaucracies, tens of thousands of those children without Mexican citizenship now find themselves without access to basic services in Mexico—unable to officially register in school or sign up for health care at public hospitals and clinics that give free check-ups and medicines.

At issue is a Mexican government requirement that any official document from another country be certified inside that country with a seal known as an "apostille," then be translated by a certified, and often expensive, translator in Mexico.

... More than 300,000 U.S.-born children have been brought to Mexico since 2005, out of a total of 1.4 million people who moved back from the U.S. during that period, according to the Washington-based Pew Hispanic Center.

... Many of the Mexican parents of U.S. children were not aware of Mexico's paperwork requirement before they came back, so now tens of thousands are struggling to get their children's documents to the United States to be certified, and then returned to Mexico to be officially translated.

They get little help from the Mexican government, but a lucky few get aid from groups like the Corner Project, a nonprofit organization for migrant families in Malinalco. It arranged for state government workers to travel to the town recently to meet with families and then send packages of documents to different U.S. offices. Returnees living in small towns without government offices otherwise have to make long journeys to deal with officials.

"The government doesn't care about what happens to the people who are coming back," said Maria del Rosario Leyva, who came back with her two U.S.-born children, a 3-year-old boy and a 5-year-old girl, from Santa Ana, California, last year after their father was deported.

... In Washington, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano has said that the U.S. government worries about U.S.-born offspring of migrants. "Where are the children? What's going on with the children?" she said in an interview with The Arizona Republic newspaper.

Who gives a crap, besides "the U.S. government"?  And they're not "migrants"; they're illegal aliens.

As for these poor, poor mess'cans, karma's a bitch, innit.

Empathy meter busted.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Re: US-born kids of illegal aliens lose rights in Mexico
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 07:58:22 PM »
  Mexico wanted them gone so much that Mr.Vincente Fox gave them maps out of Mexico and now they don't want their own poverty back.

Italy on the other hand recognizes no other citizenship other than the one of my birth. As if.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
Re: US-born kids of illegal aliens lose rights in Mexico
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 04:11:08 AM »
That's funny ! Mexico raises hell when we do sh*t like that to their nationals ! Now the huarache's on the other foot !  ::hysterical:: ::whoohoo:: ::bustamove:: ::mooning:: ::danceban::