Author Topic: What in the damned hell are these eunuchs thinking?  (Read 915 times)

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
What in the damned hell are these eunuchs thinking?
« on: July 31, 2012, 03:46:47 PM »
House to consider eliminating Senate confirmation for presidential appointees

The House of Representatives is set to consider legislation Tuesday that would exempt certain presidential appointees from having to be confirmed by the Senate.

But a number of conservative groups are arguing that the “Presidential Efficiency and Streamlining Act” amounts to Congress neutering itself and giving the executive branch unprecedented power.

Presidential appointees that would no longer require Senate confirmation under the legislation include the treasurer of the United States and the deputy administrator of the Federal Aviation Administration.

“The United States Constitution does not bestow kingly powers on the President to appoint the senior officers of the government with no process,” wrote Thomas McClusky, the senior vice president for the Family Research Council’s legislative arm, in a Monday memo to lawmakers.

Sources told The Daily Caller that there is concern in the ranks among conservatives opposed to the legislation that House leaders will bring the legislation up for a voice vote to avoid putting members on the record.

“I can tell you that there will be members who want this vote on the record,” an aide to one conservative member told TheDC. “Whether or not they’ll get the chance is still in question.”

House Majority Leader Eric Cantor’s office didn’t comment on questions Tuesday from TheDC about the bill.

::gaah:: ::guillotine::
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
Re: What in the damned hell are these eunuchs thinking?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 05:34:04 PM »
House to consider eliminating Senate confirmation for presidential appointees

The House of Representatives is set to consider legislation Tuesday that would exempt certain presidential appointees from having to be confirmed by the Senate.

But a number of conservative groups are arguing that the “Presidential Efficiency and Streamlining Act” amounts to Congress neutering itself and giving the executive branch unprecedented power.

Presidential appointees that would no longer require Senate confirmation under the legislation include the treasurer of the United States and the deputy administrator of the Federal Aviation Administration.

“The United States Constitution does not bestow kingly powers on the President to appoint the senior officers of the government with no process,” wrote Thomas McClusky, the senior vice president for the Family Research Council’s legislative arm, in a Monday memo to lawmakers.

Sources told The Daily Caller that there is concern in the ranks among conservatives opposed to the legislation that House leaders will bring the legislation up for a voice vote to avoid putting members on the record.

“I can tell you that there will be members who want this vote on the record,” an aide to one conservative member told TheDC. “Whether or not they’ll get the chance is still in question.”

House Majority Leader Eric Cantor’s office didn’t comment on questions Tuesday from TheDC about the bill.

::gaah:: ::guillotine::

Told you I did, start out with a few selected RINOS and commie bastards  until all are vanquished. Declare the constitution as written to be the Law of the Land and anything done since 1895 to be void.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 05:55:17 PM »
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm in error, but isn't a Constitutional amendment required for the Congress to divest itself of its "advise and consent" function?

Not that it really matters to the eunuchs, the RINOs and the commies.

I'm not sure it matters to me anymore either.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 09:46:29 PM »

All congress needs is an EO and a jelly belly.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 07:09:14 AM »
OK, so apart from us our ours, just who isn't a domestic enemy?

I tell ya, the GOP leadership and it's lackies are more dangerous to us than the Dem's!  How can we defeat the latter when the former are knee-capping us?!

sh*t, I'm with Pan, I'm not sure it matters anymore...I just want the phony crap over with and get to rat killin'!  If we're gonna dance for real, damnit let's get it on!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2012, 08:59:58 AM »
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2012, 09:37:12 AM »
Great, if Mitt fails to tear Obama a new one, it'll be proglodyte trash from horizon to horizon...

Like the stakes weren't high enough already...

::gaah::

Plan G is getting closer.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2012, 09:43:45 AM »
This is just more of their attempt to disguise their cowardice in the form of some sort of collegial cooperation of statesmen. Obongo makes appointments without Senate confirmation anyway, so the Senate GOP would rather be able to point to this "agreement" as the reason they're not up in arms, rather than standing there doing nothing as he end-runs their useless, worthless asses.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

charlesoakwood

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2012, 09:47:01 AM »

Rather than standing and confronting him.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2012, 09:49:36 AM »
Hello, calling all cowards and traitors, please report to the Tree of Liberty!

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2012, 10:44:05 AM »
They've given extended and unaccountable power to make politically motivated appointments to bureaucracies that are supposed to serve all Americans, to a man who has openly appointed known Marxists to his cabinet.

Useful idiots or traitors; the difference is no matter. They are guaranteeing O'Commie or a future president a clearer shot at despotism.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2012, 09:39:57 PM »
Yup.  Can't read it any other way.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2012, 09:03:37 AM »
I can't imagine Ryan voting for this . Can we get a list of yeas and nays ?

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2012, 09:25:53 AM »
Damn. Not even a sternly worded letter from the RINO's. Just roll over and play dead.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2012, 09:48:36 AM »

That's what they do best.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2012, 11:36:38 AM »
Team BOHICA.

::facepalm::

::outrage::