Author Topic: Chick-fil-a  (Read 6538 times)

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Chick-fil-a
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2012, 07:46:19 AM »
He says he has a letter that states Chick-fil-a will think about it.

Not what he claims.  But then, beings he's Chitcago garbage, I already instinctively knew it wouldn't be what he claims.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2012, 08:11:32 PM »
It's official, they caved.  moonbattery.com/?p=17897

Just a jolly big F-U to the people who "came out" to support them when they were under attack.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2012, 09:21:32 PM »

Just a jolly big F-U to the people who "came out" to support them when they were under attack.

I didn't join the buycott (too far away) and I won't boycott them now. I was elated to see humans that would stand up on their hind legs and defend themselves but somehow knew that they would cave. And yes, I do think less of them it.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2012, 09:25:10 PM »
You can now get yourself a chicken sandwich for 30 of these

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2012, 09:30:53 PM »
Why would they do this now, after the whole hoohah has calmed down?  And where's their statement?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2012, 06:25:57 AM »
It pays never trust a news story these days. 

Chick-fil-A's charitable foundation didn't back off supporting groups that oppose gay marriage because of pressure by big city politicians.  They had never supported any political groups to begin with.

Anne Sorock of Legal Insurrection, the only person who seems to have done real reporting on this story,  has this to say.

On Wednesday, I pointed out that all of these headlines seemed to be taking one group's press release-the Civil Rights Agenda-along with Alderman Moreno's comments in a Chicago Tribune article about a letter he received from the company, and printing them without checking their validity against the actual documents.

I did fact-check Alderman Moreno and the Civil Rights Agenda's press release on Wednesday. And when I did, I determined that, at best, we had no way to corroborate what they were saying; at worst, they were falsifying and spinning what was, in fact, no change whatsoever from Chick-fil-A's original corporate giving policy. The actual quote from the letter to Alderman Moreno:

The WinShape Foundations is now taking a much closer look at the organizations it considers helping, and in that process will remain true to its stated philosophy of not supporting organizations with political agendas. [emphasis added]

Funny how all the news stories across the nation missed that last little clause in their rush to proclaim a non-victory over the forces of non-hate. Nor did any of these so called news gathers seem to read Chick-fil-A's report Who We Are, which details their key charitable priorities.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2012, 06:32:35 AM »
It pays never trust a Chitcago piece of garbage these days.

FTFY

CatholicCrusader

« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2012, 08:44:26 AM »

>> http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0912/81543.html

Dismissing reports the company had changed its stance on gay marriage under pressure, Chick-fil-A has not altered its “practices and priorities,” nor has it made any “concessions” to convince a Chicago alderman to back down from his effort to block a new restaurant, Mike Huckabee said Friday as he posted a statement given to him by the fast-food chain.

Huckabee — who declared a “Chick-fil-A” appreciation day this summer after the chain’s president publicly affirmed the company’s opposition to same-sex marriage — announced the chain’s statement on his website.

“There continues to be erroneous implications in the media that Chick-fil-A changed our practices and priorities in order to obtain permission for a new restaurant in Chicago. That is incorrect,” the fast-food chain’s statement read, according to the former Arkansas governor. “Chick-fil-A made no such concessions, and we remain true to who we are and who we have been.”

Huckabee noted on his website that he “talked earlier today personally with Dan Cathy, CEO of Chick Fil-A about the new reports that Chick Fil-A had capitulated to demands of the supporters of same sex marriage. This is not true. The company continues to focus on the fair treatment of all of its customers and employees, but to end confusion gave me this statement.”

Chick-fil-A did not respond to requests for comment from POLITICO.

Chicago alderman Proco “Joe” Moreno on Wednesday told The Chicago Tribune the fast-food chain agreed that it would not contribute to groups that oppose same-sex marriage and would give all employees an internal document including a statement of respect for all people, regardless of backgrounds. Moreno said he would therefore allow the company to open a shop in his ward.

Moreno’s office has yet to respond to request for comment regarding Chick-fil-A’s Friday statement.

The fast-food chain on Wednesday released a statement to POLITICO in response to Moreno’s account, saying “the Chick-fil-A culture and service tradition in our restaurants is to treat every person with honor, dignity and respect –regardless of their belief, race, creed, sexual orientation or gender,” later adding that “going forward, our intent is to leave the policy debate over same-sex marriage to the government and political arena.”

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2012, 12:13:13 PM »
Baby-splitting?
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2012, 10:35:42 AM »
Well I am glad this is not true.  For now.

Chicago alderman Proco “Joe” Moreno on Wednesday told The Chicago Tribune the fast-food chain agreed that it would not contribute to groups that oppose same-sex marriage and would give all employees an internal document including a statement of respect for all people, regardless of backgrounds. Moreno said he would therefore allow the company to open a shop in his ward.

That an elected politician can openly and unashamedly make such a statement tells you everything that is wrong with that place. How gracious and magnanimous of him, to allow this in his little fiefdom.

Land of the free, home of the brave, yada yada yada.

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2012, 11:18:05 AM »
Chitcago is one of those places that hopefully destroys itself when the SHTF, I mean if there is anybody there but a bunch of leftist morons...well, you're just asking for trouble.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2012, 02:01:19 PM »
Looks like our little dictator wannabe just figured out he was rolled

A Chicago alderman says Chick-fil-A's president is publicly contradicting what company executives personally assured him for months

Uh huh.  Sure they did, little man.

He said the executives gave him documents backing up the new positions.

Put up or shut up, Mr. Morono.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2012, 03:06:21 PM »
Looks like our little dictator wannabe just figured out he was rolled

A Chicago alderman says Chick-fil-A's president is publicly contradicting what company executives personally assured him for months

Uh huh.  Sure they did, little man.

He said the executives gave him documents backing up the new positions.

Put up or shut up, Mr. Morono.

LOL.....I'm certainly happy Chic Fil a did not cave.....And I hope they did play him.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2012, 07:10:08 PM »
If the moron thinks he was lied to, well, how does this asshat think the entire nation feels after 3 1/2 years of Obama?

::smallestviolin::