Author Topic: Pelosi, Dems push Homeland Security for clarity on LGBT deportations  (Read 1674 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Scores of House Democrats called on the Obama administration this week to protect lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) couples when considering deportations.

Behind Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Rep. Jerrold Nadler (D-N.Y.), the lawmakers want the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to state explicitly that LGBT "family ties" will be deemed "a positive factor" discouraging deportation as DHS agents gauge whether to pursue cases.

"Without specific, written guidance, there remains the very real risk agency officers, agents, and attorneys making decisions about individual cases would overlook LGBT family ties, particularly the ties of immigrants to their U.S. citizen same-sex partners or spouses, and thereby, decline to exercise prosecutorial discretion," Pelosi, Nadler and 82 other Democrats wrote in a July 31 letter to DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano.

"A written policy is the best way to ensure that the decision by President Obama and DHS to recognize LGBT family ties for immigration purposes will be implemented so that families will remain together," they added.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Pelosi, Dems push Homeland Security for clarity on LGBT deportations
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 06:45:18 AM »
Anchor queers?!

::cussing:: democrats!  Deport them too!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 07:46:42 AM »
So the dems have hooked their wagon to the queers. Their in bed with them. All in.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 04:49:04 PM »
Supposedly at the convention they are going to officially adopt support for gay marriage as part of the party platform.  I say great.  We only need them to lose a few % points of the black vote, and that's about the best way they could do it.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 10:11:23 PM »
Supposedly at the convention they are going to officially adopt support for gay marriage as part of the party platform.  I say great.  We only need them to lose a few % points of the black vote, and that's about the best way they could do it.

After witnessing the outpouring of support for chic fil a, I bet they find an excuse not to adopt this platform....

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2012, 06:58:00 AM »

After witnessing the outpouring of support for chic fil a, I bet they find an excuse not to adopt this platform....

That assumes the dem's have common sense, surely not a good bet.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2012, 07:36:44 AM »

I'm betting there are dems among them not happy about the new found support. Dems wanting to be re elected in mre conservative areas. This is but one more hurdle to leap.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2012, 11:38:33 AM »

I'm betting there are dems among them not happy about the new found support. Dems wanting to be re elected in mre conservative areas. This is but one more hurdle to leap.

Can't be too many of those, they've been pretty good about obliterating Blue Dogs from their ranks.

Wish the GOP was equally adept at purging RINO/Rovian crap!   ::)