Author Topic: WI Shooting ...7 Dead  (Read 3724 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: WI Shooting ...7 Dead
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2012, 09:25:09 AM »
The reason India has this interest is a testament to the fact that they're not really immigrants. Not in the conventional sense. Like so many other post-1965 immigrants in the era of "multiculturalism", they are more properly thought of as economic colonists. Their hearts and minds are with the nation and culture they came from, even if their presence here is tantamount to admitting things are superior here.  They come for economic benefit, but do not have the emotional attachment to country. It's the same with the Mexicans.

This country had a baseline cultural heritage rooted in the Anglo-Saxon tradition.  It is what made America "America", and obviously lots of people desired to assimilate themselves to it because they found it attractive. The day "we" ceded the idea of there being a baseline, normal American cultural tradition was the day this sort of crap took root.

An excellent and perfect description, Glock.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2012, 04:16:30 PM »
Is this a little weird?

Cointel Not What It Used To Be

Even the simpletons in the press were able to trace this guy directly back to his psy-ops handlers. Poor. Just poor execution and planning.

They steered this guy into psy-ops before they discharged him so they could rinse him and set him up as a sleeper cell to support their disarmament program. These guys never let a good resource go to waste if they can help it. Somebody identified him as unstable and they fast-tracked him in his last year into the memetic assassin program.

What is weird is that they did almost the exact same thing with me in my last year of service. I guess they must have figured I was too retarded to invest any time in at some point. Once again, severe retardation comes to my rescue. You can talk about your casual absentmindedness all you want but for me there is no cloak of obscurity as effective as playing the retard. It preserves you from all kinds of predation in life. Who bothers with a retard? When in doubt, slouch and dribble. It is like taking an invisibility pill when you are around the humans.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2012, 04:37:54 PM »
economic colonists. Their hearts and minds are with the nation and culture they came from, even if their presence here is tantamount to admitting things are superior here.  They come for economic benefit, but do not have the emotional attachment to country. It's the same with the Mexicans.

Know Indians who regularly travel back to India.  Have known Mexicans who regularly return to Mexico.

This nation wasn't built on the efforts of people who kept going "home".  This was home and they worked to make it better. The current crop of visitors come and get what they can as if the United States was a giant supermarket where they can get what they want and the shelves will always be stocked.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2012, 04:45:16 PM »
economic colonists. Their hearts and minds are with the nation and culture they came from, even if their presence here is tantamount to admitting things are superior here.  They come for economic benefit, but do not have the emotional attachment to country. It's the same with the Mexicans.

Know Indians who regularly travel back to India.  Have known Mexicans who regularly return to Mexico.

This nation wasn't built on the efforts of people who kept going "home".  This was home and they worked to make it better. The current crop of visitors come and get what they can as if the United States was a giant supermarket where they can get what they want and the shelves will always be stocked.

Exactly. 

We are a country, or were, with its own border/language/culture, not a freakin' job market/program for the rest of the world.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2012, 07:40:46 PM »
May maggots continue to infest Ted Kennedy's gin-soaked corpse for the immigration act.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2012, 06:57:25 AM »
Ditto that G.

And the more I think about it the more I realize how right your economic colonist theory is, I can count people I've known from India, Pakistan, Nigeria, Liberia, Cuba and the Philippines who fit that definition!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2012, 05:21:14 AM »

Exactly. 

We are a country, or were, with its own border/language/culture, not a freakin' job market/program for the rest of the world.
[/quote]

Since when? ::whatgives::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2012, 06:35:32 AM »
Have to go back, what, 50 years maybe?   ::whatgives::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2012, 01:31:17 PM »

Exactly.  

Since when? ::whatgives::
[/quote]

As I understand it, since before 1965, when the immigration laws were radically changed.

Background of the 1965 Act

On October 3, 1965, in a ceremony at the foot of the Statue of Liberty, President Lyndon Johnson signed into law one of the most far-reaching legislative enactments in our nation’s history, the Immigration Reform Act of 1965. The Act eliminated restrictive national origins quota that had governed immigration policy since the 1920s and extended to the people of every country on earth the equal right to immigrate to the United States.

First passed in 1921, the national origins quota had reduced the great tide of immigration that had been coming in since the late nineteenth century, mainly from southern and eastern Europe. The “new” immigrants, so different in appearance and habits from the earlier Americans, had aroused profound fears of a changed America—fears that were rationalized, though never officially sanctioned, in the form of a racial ideology that viewed the Nordic, or northern European, groups as superior to other Caucasian peoples.

By limiting the percentage of immigrants from any country to that nationality’s existing proportion of the U.S. population, the national origins quota was intended to preserve America’s ethnic composition. Renewed under the McCarran-Walter Act of 1952, the immigration quota limited annual entries from countries outside the Western Hemisphere to 158,361, 70 percent of which were earmarked for Britain, Ireland and Germany. Asian countries were limited to a token quota of 100 immigrants per year (although thousands more had been admitted as refugees). By the mid-1960s, when Congress was banning discriminatory practices against U.S. citizens on the basis of color, race or national origin, there was a growing consensus that it was unacceptable to go on excluding foreigners from U.S. citizenship on the same basis. The Immigration Act of 1965 can be best understood as a civil rights bill applied to the world at large.

... Senator Ervin argued that the bill did not eliminate discrimination, as its sponsors claimed, but only exchanged some types of discrimination for others.

... Specifically, Ervin contended that the bill did not eliminate national and racial discrimination from our immigration law, but only instituted a new form of discrimination against our traditional immigrant groups.

... Ervin: That racial and national origin discrimination, I think, is a very important thing for us to pursue. . . . The fact that the McCarran-Walter Act gives a preference . . . to those ethnic groups I have mentioned [northern Europeans), is the objection to it, isn’t it?

Secretary of State Rusk: Yes; as opposed to the others all over the world.

Ervin: Mr. Secretary . . . do you know of any people in the world that have contributed more to making America than those particular groups? . . . In other words, you take the English-speaking people, they gave us our language, they gave us our common law, they gave us a large part of our political philosophy. . . . The reason I say this bill is discriminatory against those people is because it puts them on exactly the same plane as the people of Ethiopia are put, where the people of Ethiopia have the same right to come to the United States under this bill as the people from England, the people of France, the people of Germany, the people of Holland, and I don’t think . . . I don’t know of any contributions that Ethiopia has made to the making of America.

The point I am making is, we discriminate every day in every phase of life, we make discriminations in law, we make them in our personal actions, we discriminate in our opinions . . . we discriminate by the girls we marry, choose one and object to the choice of another, or they object to us.

The only possible charge of discrimination in the McCarran-Walter Act is that it discriminates in favor of the people who made the greatest contribution to America, and this bill puts them on the same plane as everybody else on earth.

Finally:

I do not think you could draft an immigration bill in which you do not discriminate. I think discrimination is ordinarily the exercise of intelligence to make conscious choices. . . . we always discriminate, only the basis of it is different, each of us think(s) our own way is wise and right. . . . I think there is a rational basis and a reasonable basis to give a preference to Holland over Afghanistan, and I hope I am not entertaining a very iniquitous thought when I entertain that honest opinion.(14)

I urge a reading of the whole thing.

http://www.jtl.org/auster/PNS/PNS_I.html

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2012, 01:50:37 PM »
I was only 3 years off.

::whoohoo::

Now, fun time is over, on to the depressing article in question...

Immigration Reform Act....yeah, LBJ...that pompous statist bastard!  Reform my pattootie! 

Lied to by lying bastards from the get-go!

In his opening remarks, chairman Edward Kennedy dismissed the critics:

What the bill will not do: First, our cities will not be flooded with a million immigrants annually. Under the proposed bill, the present level of immigration remains substantially the same. . . . Secondly, the ethnic mix of this country will not be upset. . . . Contrary to the charges in some quarters, S. 500 will not inundate America with immigrants from any one country or area, or the most populated and economically deprived nations of Africa and Asia. . . . In the final analysis, the ethnic pattern of immigration under the proposed measure is not expected to change as sharply as the critics seem to think.

Kennedy did not merely say the critics were mistaken; he went on to discredit them as bigots—thereby establishing a pattern that the immigration debate has followed ever since. “The charges I have mentioned,” he said, “are highly emotional, irrational, and with little foundation in fact. They are out of line with the obligations of responsible citizenship. They breed hate of our heritage. . . .”(4)

Oh, and what has changed in the intervening years?  Well, for one, anybody arguing for a return to sane immigration policy is immediately labeled a bigot, so that's the same for the past 47 years.  For another, America was lied to by a Kennedy, not the first or last time that has happened.  Flash forward 47 years...same sh*t, same lies, same labelling as racist anybody arguing facts and sanity.

We lost the war 47 years ago...will a few more years reverse that outcome?  Seriously?  No, I don't think so either, we know we are enormously outnumbered and our so-called side riddled with traitors.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2012, 12:08:30 PM »
At around the same time, Britain was also committing national suicide.  Enoch Powell, a member of the British Parliament, made an infamous speech in 1968 -- the Rivers of Blood speech.  He was lambasted then and ever since, but a look at that formerly great country proves much of what he was warning against.

"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2012, 02:28:15 PM »
Tiber...Thames...Mississippi, Missouri, Ohio, Colorado...we gots lots of rivers to make bloody...

Oh well...