Author Topic: How sad is this statement  (Read 440 times)

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
How sad is this statement
« on: August 06, 2012, 07:59:52 PM »

I don't know if this is a cover your ass statement or if he is just this stoopid. I can hear the MSM now: Newsflash: A country in recovery as the people struggle.

Bernanke says many struggle despite US recovery

WASHINGTON — Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke says data that show the U.S. economy in recovery doesn't fully capture the tough times felt by many.

Bernanke says that while measures of consumer spending, income and wealth point to improvement, "many individuals and households continue to struggle with difficult economic and financial conditions."

His comments were made during a pre-recorded speech on economic measurement to the International Association for Research in Income and Wealth in Cambridge, Mass.

Bernanke says statistics can sometimes hide important information. He said there has been interesting developments in the study of "well-being" and cited the Kingdom of Bhutan, which abandoned tracking gross national product in 1972 in favor of a measure of happiness.

Bernanke made no comments about Fed policy or the July jobs report released last Friday.

I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: How sad is this statement
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 08:29:52 PM »
Cuz I'm certain that on some namby-pamby liberal "happiness" scale, the American people are giddy and Obama is the reason.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 05:21:59 AM »
Wouldn't have to do with the fact that the currency is worthless, would it? Three years of heavy non inflation with the bread winner bringing home the exact same amount chasing goods with higher prices will have an effect you ignorant bastard.

Another academia wizard from Princeton says to himself, "theoretically, it should work so why isn't it? ::rockets:: ::rockethrow::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 07:14:44 AM »
Neo-Keynesian's are about as loath to admit failure almost as much as democrats...if Helicopter Ben had even a smidgen of honesty he would characterize this non-job creating "recovery" a complete failure, if he was even as honest as the average man he'd say what has been tried in the past will not work in the future...if he were like us we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Really, what is the Bernanke/Geitner/Obama message - sucky jobs, little growth and more debt, taxes and debasement so get used to it?
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 09:12:04 AM »
I'm sure this administration would rather abandon any type of economic tracking, in favor of a feel good meter.

You don't feel good? The feel good meter don't lie. Here's another food stamp. Go feel good.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2012, 11:27:45 AM »
Yup, which they are trying to implement by manipulating numbers, revising stuff at a later date, washing the dirty in seasonal average true ups...

But if they could come out with a state-run happy meter, everyday would be Christmas.

What normal people know by experience and common sense, democrats have to supress and create an artificial construct they can manipulate...what further proof do people need to see the intellectual and moral bankruptcy of the democrat party?!

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2012, 07:33:01 PM »
My feel-good meter keeps getting overrun by the BS meter.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2012, 06:59:41 AM »
I'm surprised the BS meter hasn't imploded from the stress!

::bsmeter::

But it still works.