Author Topic: NBC Enviro Wet Dream Fantasy Show  (Read 5011 times)

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
Re: NBC Enviro Wet Dream Fantasy Show
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2012, 12:55:29 PM »
Not only will this show send a tingle up every enviromentalists leg,,,,,,, But am I mistaken or have I seen a promo for a show called " The New Normal". I'm not sure what the new normal is, but I bet it fulfills the wet dreams of the (*(&%$%&^@#^&*(% crowd.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2012, 01:18:44 PM »
If they have to put "new" in front of the word "normal" you can bet your bottom dollar the proglodyte trash is redefining the original meaning of the word down!

Kinda like the new failure, same failure as before, just being labeled new...like it negates the failure or something...

Who cares, libiots are insane and full of crap, about all we get to do is point at them and laugh!

(And maybe give them the business when nobody is looking...  ::evil::  )
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2012, 01:23:20 PM »
Sorry, didn't think I'd fool anyone with the perfect teeth crack.  Then again, that next to a line about cul-de-sacs, you'd swear either they both were made up, or of one was real, they both would be real.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2012, 02:05:51 PM »
Sorry, didn't think I'd fool anyone with the perfect teeth crack.

Don't apologize. That's a sign of truly good satire...i.e. you're doing it right.

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2012, 04:50:52 PM »
Sorry, didn't think I'd fool anyone with the perfect teeth crack.  Then again, that next to a line about cul-de-sacs, you'd swear either they both were made up, or of one was real, they both would be real.

No blood/no foul; nothing to be sorry about.  As trap sez, if it works, you're doing it right.

Plus .... we're living in a time when today's satire is tomorrow's reality.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2012, 06:01:14 PM »

No blood/no foul; nothing to be sorry about.  As trap sez, if it works, you're doing it right.

Plus .... we're living in a time when today's satire is tomorrow's reality.

Scary.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2012, 04:20:10 PM »
So, did anyone catch the premier last night.  They have guns, they are just verboten!  Only the militia can have them and even then there are not too many, and most it appears are black powder.  Didn't seem like 90% had died off in 15 years either, who comes up with this stuff?
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2012, 06:55:28 PM »
They have guns, they are just verboten!  Only the militia can have them and even then there are not too many, and most it appears are black powder. 

Real leg tingler.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2012, 09:25:58 PM »
I wrote my thoughts about this show on the fall network offerings thread. You can read my review here.

In a nutshell:

Yeah, it's awful. It insults my intelligence. I pretty much hate it. Mildly good premise that is totally wasted by no talent writers who have less imagination than a piece of lint. Characters act illogically. They (the characters) should all be dead. Years ago.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2012, 10:12:51 PM »
Pull the plug.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2012, 06:46:59 PM »
A dampening field??????????
Sure, that would happen but only in a sick liberal's perverted decrepit mind. ::confused::

Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2012, 01:24:40 AM »
I am in trouble. My twelve-year-old daughter thinks that this is a good show. And she isn't open to reason about it being total crap. I think that she sees it as some sort of a weekly version of Hunger Games (which also sucked) with the female heroine thing going on. I am going to have to just delete it from the DVR scheduler so that it stops getting recorded. That should put an end to it.

So, anyway...I had to watch episode three a couple of nights ago. Can anyone guess how good it was? I cannot remember detesting a character as much as I do the female lead in this show. She shows nothing but utter contempt for intelligence. As I have stated elsewhere, there is absolutely zero chance that this idiot could have reached this age in a dangerous world...she would have been dead in childhood.

Episode three has her making yet another inexplicable and incredibly dangerous decision ("Hey, the bad guys are going to be here any minute" "Yeah, well, I'm staying here for thirty minutes because I'm compassionate or something."). And, as in the previous episode, her moronic ex-military uncle goes along with her incredibly stupid and dangerous decision. Which ends badly. But not badly enough. Lots of people die and are hurt because of stupid girl's bad decision. Does anyone learn anything from it? No. So, since not enough people were killed by stupid girl's bad decision...especially her and/or her uncle...the audience will be treated to yet another dumbass situation next week. It's inevitable.

Equally inexplicable...militia leaves with captured dumbass uncle. Stupid girl and new friend bomb-making girl somehow construct (at least) three bombs out of household cleaning products that are similar to C4 in destructive power. Then they somehow manage to overtake the militia, plant roadside IEDs that kill lots of the militia while somehow leaving dumbass uncle alive. Then they flee a few yards across a steel truss bridge which they have carelessly dropped a satchel charge on...stupid girl sets off the charge (again, inexplicably) with a flaming crossbow bolt which totally destroys solid steel truss bridge as if it had been done in by a controlled demolition, securing their escape from the surviving militia. Oh, and the CGI of the bridge explosion is very cheesy looking...I've seen better on youtube.

Again, I can't stand watching something that insults my intelligence. At least, not something which is asking me to take it seriously. I mean, I enjoyed Gilligan's Island and Green Acres because they were supposed to be ridiculous and farcical. I was never aked to actually believe that those situations were anything other than utterly ridiculous. But this show...it wants to be taken seriously as if I could somehow accept that the laws of physics no longer worked...no more electricity...and that a post apocapyptic world was a safe haven for bleeding heart liberals and extremely stupid people.

I almost forgot to re-mention that the heroine in this show is singularly unattractive. Don't get me wrong...I think an ordinary looking actress would actually be great...but instead we have this girl who someone in casting thought was typical Hollywood good looking but really isn't. She has a permanent sour look on her face. Her face is just angular enough to be irritating to look at. And her acting sucks. She seems to think that scowling frequently is the epitome of dramatic ability. I guess it doesn't matter since the show is so godawful horrible but I would have much preferred an outright ugly or homely girl to this one. Well, one who can act, anyway.

So...this show is a total waste of time and I am going to have to put my foot down and stop my daughter from watching it before serious damage is done to both of our brains.

I do think it is going to be canceled soon.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2012, 06:48:25 AM »
I didn't watch it, could see it off Infinity, sounds like I shouldn't waste my time.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2012, 07:42:48 PM »
It would be okay if it was so bad that it was funny. But it's not. It just insults you and I get enough of that from other places.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2012, 07:44:52 PM »
With all the crap on I am close to pulling the plug on tv, paying for that piece of the cable bill makes me feel like I just got Obama'd!

::gaah::

charlesoakwood

« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2012, 07:53:56 PM »

Whoever figures out how to stuff five cable channels into an
$80.00 Air Card +the 5Gs will put them all out of business. 
ATT ought to wake up.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2012, 07:55:45 PM »
No kidding.  You can get MLB & NFL on smartphones & iPads & such...  Come on, man!

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2012, 09:27:29 AM »
October 2, 2012 – On the heels of winning its first premiere week in the A18-49 demographic in nine years, NBC has picked up three of its new fall series – the adventure-drama “Revolution” and the comedies “Go On” and “The New Normal” -- for full-season commitments for the 2012-13 season, it was announced today by Jennifer Salke, President, NBC Entertainment.

“We’re impressed with the imagination and creative direction of the entire team on ‘Revolution,’ not to mention the immediately strong response we got from the audience,” said Salke. “Ordering the full season of this show is a pleasure. Thanks to J.J. Abrams, Erik Kripke, Jon Favreau, and everyone at Bad Robot and Warner Bros. Television for their dedication to making a truly unique series. And I personally love to escape into a world where there is no power, the phone doesn’t ring, and the pace of life slows down -- if only for one hour a week!”

“Revolution” is averaging a 3.6 rating, 9 share in adults 18-49 and 9.8 million viewers in “live plus same day” results through its first three telecasts. “Revolution” debuted on September 17 with the highest 18-49 rating (4.1) for a premiering drama on any network in three years (since ABC’s “V” on October 3, 2009, 5.2) and the highest for a premiering NBC drama in five years (since “Bionic Woman,” September 26, 2007, 5.7). And in the two weeks since then, “Revolution” took on premiering competition from ABC’s “Castle” and CBS’s “Hawaii Five-0” and led that competition in every key demographic both weeks. And the first two weeks of “Revolution” have set time-shifting records for NBC, growing by 1.36 ratings points in 18-49 in week one and then 1.74 in week two when going from Nielsen’s “live plus same day” ratings to its “live plus three day” data. Those are the two biggest increases ever for an NBC telecast.

A drama with sweeping scope and intimate focus, "Revolution" is also about family -- both the family you're born into and the family you choose. This is a swashbuckling journey of hope and rebirth seen through the eyes of one strong-willed young woman, Charlie Matheson (Tracy Spiridakos, "Being Human"), and her brother Danny (Graham Rogers, "Memphis Beat"). When Danny is kidnapped by militia leaders for a darker purpose, Charlie must reconnect with her estranged uncle, Miles (Billy Burke, "The Twilight Saga"), a former U.S. Marine living a reclusive life. Together, with a rogue band of survivors, they set out to rescue Danny, overthrow the militia, and ultimately re-establish the United States of America. All the while, they explore the enduring mystery of why the power failed, and if -- or how -- it will ever return.

V and the new Bionic Woman went on to cancellation.

as an aside--- The New Normal is the gay comedy -- I think about a couple raising kids.  (from the above press release: "And Ryan Murphy and Ali Adler have created a truly unique family in ‘The New Normal’ that is reflective of the changing dynamics of the world we live in. These shows are both welcome additions to our new lineup!”)

link
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2012, 09:41:44 AM »

I do think it is going to be canceled soon.

Oh, not till they get to the punchline it won't be. MichelleO figured out the ending already (after she watched the first episode. I deliberately went to the other room and played Great Big War Game on my phone. )  They will eventually find the folks that put the damping field in place. At which point it will be revealed that it was done (probably  by her own Father - or the Uncle or something)  to "save the world" from human greed, mining, population growth, and all of the other evil things humans do just by breathing.  The Heroine will be in a position to release the world from the damping field and let the electricity flow again, and she will (Nobly!)  decide NOT TO, because she will realize that families, life and everything is so much better under groups of armed militia protecting the planet from traditional Americans and their capitalistic planet raping ways.

Granted, its just a guess. Put a pretty good one I think.

Found this Comment in response to the articles questions:"Tonight I’m giving you an assignment. After watching the pilot (on NBC or by watching the entire pilot episode below), I want you, the reader, to answer this two-part question: do you think the show has potential to last? And if not, what is missing?"

“Revolution” is just another attempt at a post apocalyptic senario with a premise that was so ill thought out that they forget that most fans of science fiction are also highly educated or well read in the realms of practical science.
For all electrical activity to cease you must explain why bioelectrical transmission is excluded and fire still included. That might help suspend disbelief.
For society to decline into warring factions of militias in a 15 year time span you must first take out or fractionalize the entire US military. That in it’s self would provide at least a mini-series.
For society not to revert to known industrial tech such as steam and by hand lab practices (which are still used today) you have got to make every scientist engineer and hobbyist completely stupid, lazy or dead.
Oh and it will most likely take a tad more than a simple 15 years for Wrigley field to become completely overgrown.
You’re not gonna leave a structure like that alone if you’re trying to protect a group of people and survive in a world like that. The field alone would be a great way to farm and keep it safe from thieves and bandits. the structure with modifications would be very defendable, much like a castle.
And there is plenty of building to section out into living quarters.
In other words how stupid does hollywood think we (scifi fans) are?

Who would have thought that you needed Science in a Science Fiction series?

Another great comment and reply

Quote: The problem isn't "oh no, we can't use anything electronic", it's "what's the impact on living things if some sort of field is operating that stops anything from a one-cell flashlight to a hydro-electric plant".
Well, it obviously does suppress the brain functions somewhat since every single person kept making phenomenally stupid decisions.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 10:14:42 AM by Weisshaupt »