Author Topic: Will Wheaton is a Dick  (Read 559 times)

Online Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Will Wheaton is a Dick
« on: August 07, 2012, 11:45:19 AM »
You see if you ate at Chik-fil-a, then you are a hateful bigot.

At the link is Wheaton's non apology. Of course his tag line is "Wil Wheaton says, "Don't be a dick!" " Its too bad, because I have really enjoyed seeing him reboot his career after the disaster that was Wesley Crusher, showing a unique ability to humble himself, an ability that is evident even in this post. I basically want to like the guy, but he never drops the contention that if you are anti-gay marriage or think the act is sinful,  then you are a "bigot."   As you all know, I have been much in  contention with others on this board, as  I tend to be sympathetic to the basic cause - easy access to a civil contract for gays, because I don't see any reason they shouldn't have one, and one that caters more  to the needs of their relationships (which do not commonly include children)  However, I don't think any of you are "bigots" - You have opinions and you are entitled to them.

Wheaton claims to be all for "free speech" but obviously feels that "bigots" don't deserve it, just like every other liberal.  Fundamentally the Gays are not asking for tolerance or equal rights, they are trying to force others to accept them at the point of a gun.  on Hot Air I saw a comment "Making Conservatives Uncomfotable = Priceless" - and that pretty much sums it up. All told, even if Gays were allowed to Marry ( and using Marriage as the word to describe it) - less than .1% of the population would actually take them up on it, and if the divorce rates from Sweden are to be believed, those marriages will also be short lived. Its simply not about access to this contract- its about punishing people who (for whatever reason) don't like them.  

I tried to explain this to a lib  co-worker. Say you are interviewing someone for a membership at your country club, and at the interview he walks in, whips it out and starts jacking off while screaming obscenities. Do you approve the application for membership? The day I see Gay men and women walking down the street in a Pride Parade wearing business attire is the day I take them seriously.  It seems that offending the sensibilities of the majority is the main goal, and using fascist tactics is the main method.

Screw em, and those who support them.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 02:05:35 PM by Weisshaupt »

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Will Wheaton is a Dick
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 01:15:12 PM »
Apparently Geordi LaForge is on board with the LGBTQ movement too...

Not Bad
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 01:27:48 PM »
LOL.

Too bad Wheaton isn't that good looking.

And he played himself (a dick) on the recently-ended show, "Eureka".
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 01:31:37 PM by Pandora »
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 01:58:02 PM »
From the comments at wilbur's screed-page, and offered in its entirety:

Cblan  said...

Shortly after hearing Mr. Huckabee’s stance on same sex marriage I announced to my family that I would never eat at Chik-Fil-A again. My nine year old daughter gave me a questioning look and asked, “Why?” I told her it was because the CEO supports denying rights to people based on his religious beliefs. “But you always say people have the right to believe in whatever they want.” This is true; I have always believed any individual has the right to follow whatever spiritual faith they wish.
On this point I clarified, “Even though he has the right to his beliefs and the right to express those beliefs, I do not think it is right to dehumanize a group of people and use religion as an excuse. I do not feel it is right to force ones beliefs on to another. I disagree with any governmental or business decisions based on religious beliefs, and furthermore, to deny one employment based on their sexual preferences is discrimination, plain and simple.” This is a summarized version, I’m sure I went on a rant about how we have organized religion to thank for the Crusades, World War II, 9/11, the Spanish Inquisition, Salem Witch Burnings, and a number of other historical massacres in the name of someone’s God.
“Why don’t they just close his store?” she asks.
“As much as that might advance the progress of equal rights, we live in a country where he has the right to express his thoughts and opinions. We live in a country where he can believe in whichever of the thousands of interpretations there are for the Bible. Most importantly we live in a country where we have the right not to ever patronize a business that financially supports hate mongers.”
I’m not sure how much of what I said sunk into her still young and naive mind, but all I can do is continue to try my best at raising an open minded and compassionate person.
On a totally unrelated subject. During the Olympics opening ceremony, near the end when the Olympic flag was carried out by people who have dedicated their lives to the advancement of human rights and equality (some of whom I’m sure won the Nobel Prize for their work) the commercial break right afterwards had a Chik-fil-a ad. NBC Fail.

Amazing. Simply amazing. And he/she/it is raising a miniature version of itself.

I’m not sure how much of what I said sunk into her still young and naive mind, but all I can do is continue to try my best at raising an open minded and compassionate person.

The last thing you're doing is raising an "open minded and compassionate person" you clod!

This is exactly why folks voted their wallets and stood with Chik-a-fil. This asshole would penalize the business because of the POV of one of its members. I'm OK with that in principle, but if she had her way she would shutter the business regardless of the imapct that would have on the thousands of affected employees and stockholders. Because she disagrees with someone's opinion.

Don't even get me started on this morons Christophobia.

Online Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 02:08:33 PM »
Most importantly we live in a country where we have the right not to ever patronize a business that financially supports hate mongers.”

You know unless they sell insurance or congress passes another penalty/tax for Not eating at Chic-fil-a
Fascists. Every single one. Live and let live, as long as I can force you to live my way.

I’m sure I went on a rant about how we have organized religion to thank for the Crusades, World War II, 9/11, the Spanish Inquisition, Salem Witch Burnings, and a number of other historical massacres in the name of someone’s God.

None of which can hold a candle to the 100 million killed by the Atheistic doctrine of Communism.  Did you mention that to your child?  Or are you just teaching her ot be bigoted against religious people.  Oh right, your values are 100% correct so its okay to teach hate if you are teaching people to hate the evil people.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 02:12:54 PM by Weisshaupt »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2012, 02:18:04 PM »
Yeah, and nobody hates like leftist trash, so prepare to reap zero patronage and zero financial renumeration...dick!

::mooning::

Christophobes!

Heterophobes!

::doublebird::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.