Author Topic: Default on your Mortgage no problem, but don't do it on your student loans!  (Read 4855 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
My parents just recently became eligible for SS.  I am encouraging them to get what they can while they can, because this entire house of cards is near the end. Their earnings were stolen for their entire lives, and I say get as much of it back as possible.

But I also share Weisshaupt's sentiment. I have encountered some old people who have said they don't care if my generation is subject to 90% income tax if that's what it takes for their SS payments. Yeah thanks. I guess they already had their shot at the ranch house, the 2.3 kids and the Labrador, so screw everyone behind 'em. For my own part, not once in my life have I ever even considered the possibility that I will ever see a dime of Social Security. I've known it was a pyramid scheme since my first job at 16. They should just combine it with income tax, because that's all the hell it is.

I would probably not have such inconsistent opinions on SS if there was anything to indicate that life as we know it is going to keep chugging along. If we weren't about to careen over the fiscal cliff, I'd say we should dismantle SS in a controlled manner. Anyone at or above a certain age should be eligible to receive what they were promised, since that promise (putting aside the question of why did people choose to believe in it) profoundly affected the way people prepared for their later years and they are now in no position to do otherwise. Anyone below that age should just accept that they're never getting any of what they paid back, but are now free to do with their own earnings as they see fit.

But that's never happening, and the end is near, so I say "smoke 'em if you've got 'em".
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
My parents just recently became eligible for SS.  I am encouraging them to get what they can while they can, because this entire house of cards is near the end. Their earnings were stolen for their entire lives, and I say get as much of it back as possible....
I would probably not have such inconsistent opinions on SS if there was anything to indicate that life as we know it is going to keep chugging along.

I don't think this is inconsistent at all, and mirrors my sentiments exactly. Everyone here should be doing anything they can to legally get on the dole and get their OWN MONEY back before this thing goes kablooie. I also wish there was time to fix this in a controlled manner. There isn't, and neither party in Washington is going to try - because too many entitled  seniors would complain- even f it was just means testing. However, I see a huge difference between "smoking if you got em" and advocating, voting for and continuing to hold a gun to someone's head to get more. There is something fundamentally immoral about anyone who thinks that they can consume more than what they consume, or who even wants to take wealth from someone who doesn't offer it up voluntarily.  If the younger generation says No to generational theft, where the older generation did not, I can't see that the older generation has any right to complain. They knew it was wrong and participated anyway.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
The Ryan plan offered a transition out of generational theft, he was excoriated by the left and stabbed in the back by his so-called own, let's hope as Veep he can be the point man to whip those congresscritters in line on a whole range of issues.  That should be the plan anyway...we shall see.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

The Ryan plan offered a transition out of generational theft, he was excoriated by the left and stabbed in the back by his so-called own, let's hope as Veep he can be the point man to whip those congresscritters in line on a whole range of issues.  That should be the plan anyway...we shall see.

In the middle of the night that exact thought slid right between the lobes.
Rush has said that Romney's tough the question is how will he apply it.
This is a positive indication.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Wolf Blitzer demanding the poodle recognize that the Boomers won't be affected by Ryan's Plan.

After all, Ryan's plan is  only chance Boomer Wolf Blitzer, age 64, will get any Social Security at all.  The boomers already proved themselves willing to  sell out  future generations. Ryan is pretty damn smart to bet on them doing it again.

UPDATE: Ah, it was all a plot to get more people in debt so they could forgive the loans and make them Democrat voters for life.

Rev. Jackson also encouraged the government employees to load first-generation and low-income college students up with student loan debt — because Democrats in Congress, he allegedly promised, would eventually pass laws to forgive that debt later." Those people will continue to vote Democratic,” Jackson Sr. said, according to the whistle-blower

Open Admission of the Cloward-Piven  agenda. Death is too good for them. They need to be locked in a box in a swamp and given nothing but water till they die of starvation, all the while listening  the audio-book version of the  Federalist over and over.  

« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 09:43:40 AM by Weisshaupt »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Hmm...

Seems like you're letting them off too easy though Weisshaupt.  What's up with that?!   ::pokeineye::   ;D

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
53% would rather raise taxes to pay for SS

15% of the population is over 65, and the other 38% are too young, stupid or liberal to care they will never get a dime, but want to raise their taxes anyway lest an elderly parent becomes their sole responsibility to care for.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
We are a nation of stupid. Like raising taxes will "solve" the SS mess. I had to explain this to a set of my grandparents. We have a spending problem, raising taxes won't solve your fear of losing SS, your leader will just run the debt higher and spend the money in some other "compassionate" venue.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
The effect of Boomers on SSI

[quote]Here, we note that there is a distinct spike in disabled workers receiving Social Security disability benefits at Age 50, regardless of each year's economic climate. Here, we earlier found that this corresponds to the Social Security Administration's policy of not seriously challenging the disability claims of workers Age 50 or older.....

Altogether then, we estimate that some 695,228 individuals, above and beyond the numbers that might be considered to be normal, have filed for and received Social Security disability insurance benefits in response to the Great Recession in the years from 2008 through 2011. We also note that the timing of the increase in the disability rolls would correspond to when many of these individuals would have exhausted their unemployment benefits, suggesting that going on disability became an alternative to seeking gainful employment for these individuals.

And that's a big reason why Social Security's Disability Insurance Trust Fund is now projected to be fully depleted in less than four years time.[/quote]

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Obamacare death panels were going to take care of this pesky problem.