Topics > 2nd Amendment/Firearms

Noted firearms retailer endorses online ammo sales ban

(1/2) > >>

Pandora:
Ol Remus is the source.  Here's the audio link.

--- Quote ---This is the radio interview with Jeremy Alcede of Tactical Firearms in Katy, Texas that earned him a firestorm of condemnation. Audio, 6m 27s. Mr. Alcede's odd apology hereart-link-symbol-tiny-grey-arrow-only.gif(not a perma-link, page may change).

For those who think this sort of appeasement is new, here's an excerpt from a letter William Ruger Sr.—yes, that Ruger—sent to every member of Congress in 1989:

"The best way to address the firepower concern is therefore not to try to outlaw or license many millions of older and perfectly legitimate firearms (which would be a licensing effort of staggering proportions) but to prohibit the possession of high capacity magazines. By a simple, complete and unequivocal ban on large capacity magazines, all the difficulty of defining 'assault rifle' and 'semi-automatic rifles' is eliminated. The large capacity magazine itself, separate or attached to the firearm, becomes the prohibited item. A single amendment to Federal firearms laws could effectively implement these objectives."
    William B. Ruger via thegunzone.com 2002

and a summary of Smith & Wesson's voluntary appeasement in the Clinton era:

In March 2000 Smith & Wesson was the only major gun manufacturer to sign an agreement with the Clinton Administration. The company agreed to numerous safety and design standards (sic), as well as limits on the sale and distribution of their products. Gun clubs and gun rights groups responded to this agreement by initiating large-scale boycotts of Smith & Wesson by refusing to buy their new products and flooding the firearms market with used S&W guns.
    en.wikipedia.org

More? The record shows the ban on mail order gun purchases was proposed, written and supported by domestic manufacturers when imported war surplus arms threatened their bottom line in the 1950s. And let us not forget the NRA's unforgivable, decisive support for the Gun Control Act of 1968. Tactical Firearms is merely the latest in a long list.
--- End quote ---

Trying not to scream here.

IronDioPriest:
What a f**king fool.

Libertas:
Appeasing the crockodile, IDP is right, fracking fools at best, traitors at worst.

Glock32:
Many people on the gun forums still harbor animosity for Ruger and S&W over that.  I don't blame them.

charlesoakwood:

It's that ideology thing.  Ain't got none; it's I want mine
and if it's necessary to cut yours to get mine, fine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version