Author Topic: Ryan Wins The Veepstakes  (Read 4630 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Ryan Wins The Veepstakes
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2012, 12:43:15 PM »
These directions are so different, anyone who tries to adopt the pose that we need a middle-of-the-road approach only reveals themselves as either disingenuous or stupid.

Yes.  Middle-of-the-road continues to take us down the wrong path, just more slowly.  It's like another view of being a little bit pregnant; eventually one is a lot pregnant, with the inevitable result.

Neither side can keep making unprincipled exceptions to their ideologies. 

If it's the Constrained Vision, as proposed and written by the Founders, that we intend to follow, central planning, laws governing everything, and taxpayer funded "compassion" eventually crowds out and eats up the wealth produced by the free market.

If it's the Unconstrained Vision people demand, whereby the "good of the collective" is the priority, certain rare allowances must be permitted to generate limited resources for its care and feeding.  Think of communist China with a "touch" of Capitalism.

In both cases, the exceptions to the guiding principles of the ideology are their ultimate undoing.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2012, 07:12:11 AM »
I liked Rush yesterday, marveling at the effusive praise heaped upon Ryan for being a nice guy and then trying to immediately demonize him as The Ideological Leader of the Republican Party (ie-just a younger more dangerous Dick Cheney I guess...we can look forward to leftist trash whipping up the Ryan as Darth Sidious, Ryan as Dracula and similar BS)...and then announce that this somehow changes the dynamics of the race away from being a referendum on 4 years of unrelenting destruction wrought by Team Obama.

They desperately want to avoid having to talk about Obama's record and instead they yearn to launch an ideological war...and lying out both sides of their mouth is their only option with that tactic.

Romney & Ryan have to expose and ridicule their attempt and steer this back to their record of failure, their record of lost jobs, lost wealth...bloated government, bloated regulations and titanic debt...lost prestige in the world and the utter lack of confidence the people of America have in this disastrous administration.

Crush!  Kill!  Destroy!   No holds barred in their face 24/7/365 assault on their entire horrific record.  The ammo is there lying on the ground, all you have to do is pick it up and use it again and again and again.  When the get more hysterical, more desperate and more insane (and they will!) you will know that you are winning!

::oldman::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2012, 08:13:10 AM »
 ::bsmeter::

We should name this the Barack o meter. The more truth told about baracks record, the higher the BS count from the left.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2012, 01:25:22 PM »
I liked Rush yesterday, marveling at the effusive praise heaped upon Ryan for being a nice guy and then trying to immediately demonize him as The Ideological Leader of the Republican Party (ie-just a younger more dangerous Dick Cheney I guess...we can look forward to leftist trash whipping up the Ryan as Darth Sidious, Ryan as Dracula and similar BS)...and then announce that this somehow changes the dynamics of the race away from being a referendum on 4 years of unrelenting destruction wrought by Team Obama.

They desperately want to avoid having to talk about Obama's record and instead they yearn to launch an ideological war...and lying out both sides of their mouth is their only option with that tactic.

Romney & Ryan have to expose and ridicule their attempt and steer this back to their record of failure, their record of lost jobs, lost wealth...bloated government, bloated regulations and titanic debt...lost prestige in the world and the utter lack of confidence the people of America have in this disastrous administration.

Crush!  Kill!  Destroy!   No holds barred in their face 24/7/365 assault on their entire horrific record.  The ammo is there lying on the ground, all you have to do is pick it up and use it again and again and again.  When the get more hysterical, more desperate and more insane (and they will!) you will know that you are winning!

::oldman::

What Team Obama has been asking themselves for the last twent-four hours is ... " What the hell was Erskine Bowles thinking ? "

Offline Magnum

« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2012, 06:01:32 PM »
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your GOD will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2012, 07:11:07 PM »
H/T Grouchies:

All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2012, 06:52:55 AM »
Bill Bennett is right, they need to splice that Irksome Bowles clip into an ad pronto and roll it out!

::bustamove::

More of this could be good too!

Someone in the crowd at a Paul Ryan Lakewood rally yelled at the congressman "Look, no teleprompter!" Ryan responded by saying "That's right."
http://nation.foxnews.com/paul-ryan/2012/08/14/paul-ryan-look-no-teleprompter

::whoohoo::

And cap it off with lots and lots of this!

"Mr. President, take your campaign of division and anger and hate back to Chicago"
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/243697-romney-comes-out-swinging-against-obama-in-tough-new-speech

::cool::   ::beertoast::   ::danceban::

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2012, 06:57:50 AM »
Oh, and poor Plugs...that sad demented bastard has no chance against Ryan...abosolutely none!

"They’re going to put y’all back in chains."
http://freebeacon.com/biden-on-romney-theyre-going-to-put-yall-back-in-chains/

You can only respond to such idiocy with laughter and/or concern for his mental state.

Rudy chose the latter...

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/314016/giuliani-wonders-whether-biden-has-mental-capacity-presidency-robert-costa

Yup, poor Plugs is toast.  We should now start placing bets on Barry sacking this idiot and announcing a new partner at their Greek Columns II event.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2012, 08:28:21 AM »
Mitt Romney may disappoint me if elected, but I appreciate the stark contrast he and Ryan are exhibiting versus the dictator in chief and pluggo. Not only in policy, but in character. I may not like all they do as prez and VP, but I do have a sense of trust. Which led to an interesting conversation between a few of my conservative friends.

I'm on record ( along with a few of my friends) as being satisfied if all they do is stop the economic tsumani which is Obama and begin to turn the economic tide.The magnitude of this task, it may take every second of every day. With that said, our opinion is the greater task or issue facing us is our declining culture. Obama and company has set the bar low. I don't think I need to explain it any further.

A few (not all) believe we can be of service, culturally speaking. If Romney and company roll back the regressive policy hindering our country, take some govt out of our lives, we as Americans will do what we do best and the economy will prosper. That IMO, is a large battle. But when it comes to our culture, I believe the people need to take responsibility, take the lead, because there is no rollback of govt intrusion which can impact our culture ( other than throwing Obama out) as positively as we can....Maybe, with a Romney presidency, the only assist I need from him and Ryan is to continue to live what seems to be moral lives. We an take it from there.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2012, 11:32:55 AM »
If Romney can hold back the tide for two terms, and if Ryan (being a younger sharper fella) can succeed him in office for two terms...then yes, perhaps there is a chance to restore sanity across the board.  That's a lot of if's...but...it's the only good plan available at the moment.

::thumbsup::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2012, 12:29:22 PM »
Mitt Romney may disappoint me if elected, but I appreciate the stark contrast he and Ryan are exhibiting versus the dictator in chief and pluggo. Not only in policy, but in character. I may not like all they do as prez and VP, but I do have a sense of trust. Which led to an interesting conversation between a few of my conservative friends.

I'm on record ( along with a few of my friends) as being satisfied if all they do is stop the economic tsumani which is Obama and begin to turn the economic tide.The magnitude of this task, it may take every second of every day. With that said, our opinion is the greater task or issue facing us is our declining culture. Obama and company has set the bar low. I don't think I need to explain it any further.

A few (not all) believe we can be of service, culturally speaking. If Romney and company roll back the regressive policy hindering our country, take some govt out of our lives, we as Americans will do what we do best and the economy will prosper. That IMO, is a large battle. But when it comes to our culture, I believe the people need to take responsibility, take the lead, because there is no rollback of govt intrusion which can impact our culture ( other than throwing Obama out) as positively as we can....Maybe, with a Romney presidency, the only assist I need from him and Ryan is to continue to live what seems to be moral lives. We an take it from there.

Part of the cultural problem is our immigration and assimilation policies.  Those need enforcement by and a rollback from the Feds.  Close the border for real; stop allowing turd-world immigration and enough! with the provision of ballots in other languages besides English!
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2012, 01:57:34 PM »

Part of the cultural problem is our immigration and assimilation policies.  Those need enforcement by and a rollback from the Feds.  Close the border for real; stop allowing turd-world immigration and enough! with the provision of ballots in other languages besides English!

I agree in principle Don. But there is one huge dark cloud that hovers over the culture that the people cannot turn back without politicians, and that is the courts.

We simply must stay engaged on all fronts. Perhaps we cannot or should not expect Mitt Romney or Paul Ryan or any other elected Republican to set policy pieces on the cultural battlefield when the economic battlefield is the one that threatens to destroy all hope at the moment.

But regarding the courts - they will not cease attacking the culture with their erosion and outright assault. There, we must be vigilant, and the only way to do that peacefully is through politicians. The courts are unaccountable to the people sans torches and pitchforks.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2012, 02:55:37 PM »
I understand the effect good policy can have on immigration and the court. The court system was part of our conversation and i didn't want to be too long winded.

There are so many fronts in which to battle. The economic front seems to be the most important, imo, in regards to what a Romney ticket needs to battle first. Everything is magnified, imo, when the economy is poor. Better jobs, better attitude. The cultural battle isn't gonna be easy.....but easier if the economy is clicking along.

It will be interesting to see if Romney gets to choose a Supreme Court Justice.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2012, 02:24:34 PM »
The economy and debt are linked, if you cannot have sustained sensible policies to promote sustained real growth, there is no hope of addressing the debt.  The debt is a long-term issue that keeps getting compressed into a shorter time frame in our awareness because it threatens events now, unless you have real economic growth, real constriction of government in terms of size and scope and a real fiscal and monetary policy to begin retiring the debt the horizon will smash you in the face before you can do anything about it.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2012, 02:49:32 PM »
Already a 4 point swing in WI following Ryan pick.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/after-ryan-pick-romney-leading-in-wisconsin/article/2505104#.UC1N1qBaR_m

And more good news, Obama sticking with Plugs, for now, Carney good have delivered a kiss-of-death for BO, but after the convention he's stuck with him for sure.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/theoval/post/2012/08/obama-rejects-mccains-advice-on-biden/1#.UC1N2qBaR_l

Nice backhanded slap to Palin there spokesweasel.  You have no class at all and no prospects for obtaining any in this lifetime...

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2012, 06:15:51 PM »

http://washingtonexaminer.com/after-ryan-pick-romney-leading-in-wisconsin/article/2505104#.UC1N1qBaR_m

And more good news, Obama sticking with Plugs, for now, Carney good have delivered a kiss-of-death for BO, but after the convention he's stuck with him for sure.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/theoval/post/2012/08/obama-rejects-mccains-advice-on-biden/1#.UC1N2qBaR_l

Nice backhanded slap to Palin there spokesweasel.  You have no class at all and no prospects for obtaining any in this lifetime...

I normally could care less about the VP debates....But not this year. Maybe the dems could frame the debate where plugs doesn't have to speak...just nod.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2012, 07:46:52 PM »

I normally could care less about the VP debates....But not this year. Maybe the dems could frame the debate where plugs doesn't have to speak...just nod.

The TIVO awaits.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2012, 10:46:32 AM »
My daughter and her friends are planning a party for the VP debates...I suppose they'll could take a drink every time Biden says something stupid.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2012, 11:00:56 AM »
My daughter and her friends are planning a party for the VP debates...I suppose they'll could take a drink every time Biden says something stupid.

Don't allow them to drink every time the moderator says "The Ryan Plan" with a derisive tone. They'll all die.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #59 on: August 17, 2012, 11:06:51 AM »

They should be swacked by the end of the first segment.
 Filippo Mazzie