Author Topic: No Greater Love  (Read 864 times)

charlesoakwood

No Greater Love
« on: August 11, 2012, 08:02:52 PM »

No Greater Love (tmi3rd)

Every now and then, we hear about incredible acts of bravery; acts that defy belief because of any of a number of reasons. This is one of those stories.

I’d like to introduce you to four-year-old Xander Vento.
[blockquote]
Emergency workers were called about 3 p.m. Monday to the swimming pool at the Villages of Woodland Springs in far north Fort Worth. Police said Xander jumped into the pool when he saw a 3-year-old girl struggling. He got under her to help her stay above water when he got into trouble himself, police said.[/blockquote]

Xander employed a rare gift, perhaps the rarest- the courage to run towards danger rather than away from it. Brave Xander died on Thursday.
[blockquote]
Xander Vento was pronounced dead at 3:20 p.m., a spokeswoman for Cook Children’s Medical Center said. “We in some way hope our son’s life serves as an inspiration,” Xander’s parents, Cris and Misty Vento, said in a statement released by the hospital. “He was the angel in the pool who sacrificed himself to save another. And now he continues to give as an organ donor.”[/blockquote]
I would not presume to attempt to make sense of the emotions Xander’s parents must be experiencing. If I may presume to voice my own- the incredible sadness of losing such a wonderful little boy is mixed with a powerful pride in what courage he demonstrated. He saw someone in distress, didn’t hesitate, and saved that girl’s life, at the price of his own.

There is a fund set up to help the family pay expenses.
http://ace.mu.nu/archives/%E2%80%9Dhttps://www.wepay.com/donations/145080%E2%80%9D

I could go on, but the comments are a better place for it… let us honor this little warrior, this little man who gave his life that others may live. Rest well, little Xander- so proud of you, and prayers for you and your family.

John 15:13- “Greater love hath no man than this; that he lay down his life for his friends.”

Excepting links this is a complete Lift from AoS.  
This should be at the top of the fold on Drudge and every other daily.  
It'll not be overlooked here.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: No Greater Love
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 12:36:21 PM »
One wonders what kind of man Xander would've grown to be. To think that a little boy instinctively did what most grown men must be trained to do boggles the mind.

Downhere - A Better Way (Military Tribute)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 12:40:21 PM by IronDioPriest »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: No Greater Love
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 09:27:43 PM »
Wow.

Heaven's newest little angel.

::praying::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.