Author Topic: Russian attack submarine sailed in Gulf of Mexico undetected for weeks....  (Read 1553 times)

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
http://freebeacon.com/silent-running/

A Russian nuclear-powered attack submarine armed with long-range cruise missiles operated undetected in the Gulf of Mexico for several weeks and its travel in strategic U.S. waters was only confirmed after it left the region, the Washington Free Beacon has learned.

It is only the second time since 2009 that a Russian attack submarine has patrolled so close to U.S. shores.

The stealth underwater incursion in the Gulf took place at the same time Russian strategic bombers made incursions into restricted U.S. airspace near Alaska and California in June and July, and highlights a growing military assertiveness by Moscow.

The submarine patrol also exposed what U.S. officials said were deficiencies in U.S. anti-submarine warfare capabilities—forces that are facing cuts under the Obama administration’s plan to reduce defense spending by $487 billion over the next 10 years.

The voyage of the submarine also could be part of Russian efforts to export the Akula.

Vlad's got the cajones to do this knowing full well Odrama will appologize for pissing him off.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
It's ok Vlad, we have one parked in the Baltic right outside St. Petersburg.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

charlesoakwood

Prolly not a hunter/killer either. 
                                                                   Jus cruisin bro

boom boom boom boom

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Sure would be nice to have someone able to look Vlad in the eyes without wetting himself...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Cornyn is right and he is asking the right questions, but don't expect clear answers, the DC two-step is frantic and the CYA party in high gear.

http://blog.chron.com/txpotomac/2012/08/red-october-redux-john-cornyn-demands-answers-from-pentagon-on-russian-sub-in-gulf/
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
   I'm sure we were quite flexible about this. ::gaah::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

Cornyn doesn't go anywhere the waters
haven't been tested and sanitized.