Author Topic: Jesus wanted a Tax rate of 50%  (Read 1512 times)

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Jesus wanted a Tax rate of 50%
« on: August 15, 2012, 11:14:34 AM »
As near as we can tell, Jesus would advocate a tax rate somewhere between 50% (in the vein of “If you have two coats, give one to the man who has none”) and 100% (if you want to get into heaven, be poor). Mostly, he suggested giving all your money up for the benefit of others. And Jesus made no distinction between the deserving and undeserving poor; his love and generosity applied to all.

You see, paying taxes is the same as giving to charity. The same.  Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's - even if Caesar's says everything is his.  If Caesar says to break the 10 Commandments and pay to kill babies, then you must.  If Caesar says to live under Sharia law and convert to Islam, then you must. Its says so in the Bible.

For liberals there is no difference between the government and religion. The Government is their religion. It will provide. It will  keep you safe. It will forgive your sins. It will grant you heaven on earth. It will solve all of our and your problems.

Theologically informed individuals are beginning to weigh in on the ethics of Ryan’s budget plan. Sister Simone Campbell, executive director of Network, a Catholic social-justice lobby, has called Ryan’s budget proposal “unpatriotic” and “immoral.” As she notes, Ryan’s budget “rejects church teaching about solidarity, inequality … and the common good.”

That What!?! The Catholic Social Justice Lobby? Yeah I remember the sermon on the mount talked all about solidarity, equal results and enforcing your idea of  the common good on others via government coercion.  

Update: FrankJ of IMAO explains Christians

« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 11:35:39 AM by Weisshaupt »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Jesus wanted a Tax rate of 50%
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 11:28:58 AM »
Yes, taking these asshats at their literal word, it is inescapable that they will use every means of government up to and including murder and involuntary servitude to get what they lust for...in the face of such clear and imminent threat of violence to person and property...it is our God-given right and our duty as free people to defend ourselves accordingly.  Slime magazine libiots like this ought to be careful about a) invoking God (I thought Slime magazine declared Him dead?) and b) invoking God incorrectly (mankind creates and destroys governments, God is indifferent to government because He always assumed those in government would be concerned only with the secular not the temporal, and He also has shown that he favors governments that operate their secular functions so that they do not pit people against His principles, and it is clear in the Bible that He allows those who are hostile to his people and his principles to perish...this Slime magazine libiot ought to ask herself what He thinks of killing babies, enslaving people to the welfare state and crushing human will so that it is little better than a dumb animal in a cage!)...so this libiot is on notice...God is watching you and He is not going to be pleased!

;)
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 11:55:32 AM »
If they wanna go down that route - the "Jesus would support/condemn__________ policy" route, then they best remember that Jesus Christ is the Lion of Judah.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 07:52:12 AM »
We have a tax rate of 50% plus.  See, Jesus would be able to do the basic math required of adding the federal rate plus the state rate plus the local rates.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 04:34:20 AM »
As near as we can tell, Jesus would advocate a tax rate somewhere between 50% (in the vein of “If you have two coats, give one to the man who has none”) and 100% (if you want to get into heaven, be poor). Mostly, he suggested giving all your money up for the benefit of others. And Jesus made no distinction between the deserving and undeserving poor; his love and generosity applied to all.

You see, paying taxes is the same as giving to charity. The same.  Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's - even if Caesar's says everything is his.  If Caesar says to break the 10 Commandments and pay to kill babies, then you must.  If Caesar says to live under Sharia law and convert to Islam, then you must. Its says so in the Bible.

For liberals there is no difference between the government and religion. The Government is their religion. It will provide. It will  keep you safe. It will forgive your sins. It will grant you heaven on earth. It will solve all of our and your problems.

Theologically informed individuals are beginning to weigh in on the ethics of Ryan’s budget plan. Sister Simone Campbell, executive director of Network, a Catholic social-justice lobby, has called Ryan’s budget proposal “unpatriotic” and “immoral.” As she notes, Ryan’s budget “rejects church teaching about solidarity, inequality … and the common good.”

That What!?! The Catholic Social Justice Lobby? Yeah I remember the sermon on the mount talked all about solidarity, equal results and enforcing your idea of  the common good on others via government coercion.  

Update: FrankJ of IMAO explains Christians

I didn't know Catholics were Commies .

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2012, 09:42:09 AM »
Some Catholics are commies.  The Church and its supporting organizations were infiltrated in the 60s, in the same way as every other institution.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

CatholicCrusader

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2012, 09:10:29 PM »

The person who wrote that is a blithering idiot.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2012, 09:45:02 PM »

I prefer "brain-dead, blithering idiot".
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2012, 09:52:41 PM »
Pandora, i am new to the site.....where is the "like" button for that comment?
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2012, 09:54:59 PM »
Pandora, i am new to the site.....where is the "like" button for that comment?

There is none.  You have to write your approval.  "Bummer", I know ....  ;D

CatholicCrusader

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2012, 06:30:47 AM »

I prefer "brain-dead, blithering idiot".

Yep.

From a strictly Biblical POV, Jesus followed the Jewish law perfectly, and the law said to tithe 10%. To Jews, pagans were unclean and Pagan Rome was evil, and Jesus certainly would not endore the Jews giving them halfof the fruits of  their labor.

CatholicCrusader

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2012, 08:06:03 AM »
LOL. My comment under the article is still at the top.
My name there is GO_Romney_2012
>> http://ideas.time.com/2012/08/14/why-paul-ryans-budget-unchristian/
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 06:14:46 AM by CatholicCrusader »