Author Topic: Obama inherited this mess  (Read 1408 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Obama inherited this mess
« on: August 23, 2012, 09:56:10 AM »
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Re: Obama inherited this mess
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 10:57:02 AM »
I think even those who believed he inherited a mess are beginning to see that he made it worse. 
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 11:19:11 AM »
I think even those who believed he inherited a mess are beginning to see that he made it worse. 

Hope so.  I suspect even they don't realize the mess he inherited came, in part, from a Dem Congress the last two years of Bush's last term.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 12:07:50 PM »

Hope so.  I suspect even they don't realize the mess he inherited came, in part, from a Dem Congress the last two years of Bush's last term.

That is a fact I do not hear Republicans making. If they were trying and failing, that would be one thing. But they don't even try.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 02:38:12 PM »

How great they would be if they had a spine.

Fecundant jellyfish is all they are. Aye

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2012, 11:32:14 AM »
"Fecundant jellyfish"

Yeah, people got too used to the stink...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2012, 05:44:03 PM »

Hope so.  I suspect even they don't realize the mess he inherited came, in part, from a Dem Congress the last two years of Bush's last term.

That is a fact I do not hear Republicans making. If they were trying and failing, that would be one thing. But they don't even try.

Pantie waist bastards.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2012, 10:59:04 PM »

Pantie waist bastards.

Makes ya want to beat them with that ham bone don't it?  (after the ham's been consumed of course!)

(I really like that avatar!)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2012, 03:14:29 AM »

Pantie waist bastards.

Makes ya want to beat them with that ham bone don't it?  (after the ham's been consumed of course!)

(I really like that avatar!)

Mmmmmm, split-pea soup.

How much you want to bet it never occurs to them; "hey!  waitaminnit!  the Dems were in charge here those last two years!"  'Course, that doesn't get them totally off the hook as many of them voted for TARP.  Paul Ryan did, although he says now it was wrong to do so.  Some body/s got in their heads and panicked the hell out of the lot of them, I say.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2012, 10:56:28 AM »
We surrender quicker than the French.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2012, 11:48:32 AM »

Makes it all the more frustrating.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2012, 01:01:52 PM »

Makes it all the more frustrating.

I wish they'd go the Mexican firing squad route instead, then maybe some new blood would have a better chance of avoiding contagion!