Author Topic: Why Be a Taxpayer when you can be a Tax Spender?  (Read 815 times)

Online Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Why Be a Taxpayer when you can be a Tax Spender?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 12:13:48 PM »
I want to be John Galt.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 07:23:07 PM »
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 11:13:14 PM »
I went on a rant at work earlier this week, asking why I play by the rules, why I pay my bills and honor my debts, why I allow myself to be treated like a chump who is only good for feeding parasites...why not quit working, help suck the system dry and let it crash?

charlesoakwood

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 11:22:19 PM »

::speechless::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2012, 03:04:49 AM »
I went on a rant at work earlier this week, asking why I play by the rules, why I pay my bills and honor my debts, why I allow myself to be treated like a chump who is only good for feeding parasites...why not quit working, help suck the system dry and let it crash?

What kind of reaction did you get?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2012, 06:49:44 AM »

What kind of reaction did you get?

Hopefully not...

... or he'd have mentioned it above...
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2012, 07:29:09 AM »
Did you get any credible responses? ::whatgives::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Online Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2012, 09:06:35 AM »
Did you get any credible responses? ::whatgives::

Don't know about Libertas' experience, but Right after Obamacare passed I basically laid out for my (mostly liberal) co-workers how I quit and form a C-Corp, divorce my wife, sign her and the kids up for govt programs. I told them if I get  on the right programs you bring home the take home pay of a $60K  job and work one week a month- and I own my house, so that goes a long way. Their reaction is best summarized as nervous laughter. They weren't sure if I was drunk, kidding or dead serious.  I haven't quit yet, so I guess its still TBD. (one part of me tells me to suck it up and work for another 10 years till my kids leave the house. Maybe I will just let the work environment decide for me- I am not real  productive anymore, so hopefully I will be one of the first laid off, with the best package) 

Sad thing was You could tell that working less or not at all had never occurred to my co-workers.  That was crazy talk. . Like that woman told Peter Schiff - "You are a go getter- you can't help but work"   They just assume that you will take the abuse.  Maybe most will.

I am sure that my company will fill my position with someone. Maybe someone better ( I certainly have no motivation  anymore) - I just know there is one less person filling the govt coffers, and one more out hiking, fishing and spending time with his family. That  is  one less 5 figure tax receipt , and one more 5 figure govt. liability. That is one less 6 figure bank balance, and at 10:1 , 7 figures less (real) money that bank has to loan.

Liberals are the greedy ones - who want money so they can buy stuff and win the admiration (or envy) of others. I always wanted money for the (perceived) security it provided, and the freedom it would bring to my retirement. Now the dollar is being destroyed, growing savings via investment  is futile ( if you can keep the present value you are doing well)  and retirement is an impossibility. Liberals think "depending on the gov safety net" is secure.  I know it isn't, so I prep, become self sufficient as I can, but I will also  drain as much of the treasury as I can. Call it getting my social security money back..

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2012, 09:55:51 AM »
No, no...no pink slip.  For some reason my boss likes me.  He knows I am (much) more politically conservative than most (any) other employees, but we talk markets and economics and some politics a lot.  He is more moderate as is my other co-worker, but I know on economic issues he is more conservative just because he is a CPA and grew up on a farm.  We bash Obama, Turbo Timmy & Helicopter Ben all the time.  My other co-worker is more center-left I guess you would say.  Their reactions in particular to my rant were interesting, I think my boss recognizes the point I was making and to a great extent he feels the same way, but he has a wife and kid so I think he feels penned in the system, the other understood what I was saying but neither encouraged or discouraged me...probably wondering if I am insane or not.  Others may or may not get it but they chuckled anyway...one kind of nervously so there is one to watch.  Anyway, I think people in their gut know what I am saying is true, they just don't know what to do about it or if it matters anyway.  I guess many feel like they are loaded onto the boxcar already and are hoping the destination isn't what they fear, so they look to enjoy the present as it is all they think they really have.