Author Topic: #1 Movie in America - 2016 Obama’s America  (Read 2923 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: #1 Movie in America - 2016 Obama’s America
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 07:03:57 PM »
I understand Yahoo movie reviews/times/places don't even have it listed.  Sore losers.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 09:21:22 PM »

Hmm, go to Fandango and purchase some tickets
at the weakest venues.  Oh, there are none.  ;D

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2012, 11:38:21 AM »
Sitting down with popcorn at this moment. Previews for new Clint Eastwood movie looks pretty good.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2012, 12:00:09 PM »
I hope Micheal Moore gets to watch it.  ::hysterical::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2012, 02:08:43 PM »
It was well-written and well-produced. It strayed little from the central theme of dissecting the evidence surrounding Barack Obama's roots, resulting ideology, and subsequent motivations.

It offered nothing surprising to me whatsoever. I already knew what D'Souza shows.

This film has two chances to make an impact outside the choir:
#1) By sheer numbers at the box office, Americans opposed to Obama's vision will have their opposition affirmed by one another
#2) For democrats who never bargained for full-on collectivist transformation and who have resisted connecting dots, this film could lead them to understand some new things.

People like me will be persuaded of nothing new, aside from the value of #1 and/or #2.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2012, 02:48:23 PM »
As far as I know, it hasn't come to a theater near me....But when it does, I'll go see it.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2012, 02:51:20 PM »

And take a "friend".  ;D

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2012, 07:24:47 PM »
#2) For democrats who never bargained for full-on collectivist transformation and who have resisted connecting dots, this film could lead them to understand some new things.

You know what they say. You can lead a horse to water.....
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2012, 12:54:49 AM »
This film has two chances to make an impact outside the choir:
#1) By sheer numbers at the box office, Americans opposed to Obama's vision will have their opposition affirmed by one another.

At least one review aggregator, Rotten Tomatoes, is not allowing the public to even know about the film. It is currently #4 at the box office and yet it isn't even on the box office list at Rotten Tomatoes. You can find the "2016" review page only if you use the Rotten Tomatoes search window. It is there but it's hidden. I guess some movies are too dangerous or controversial for Rotten Tomatoes to allow the public to know about it.

imdb.com does not list it in their box office, either but they at least show it in their opening movies list.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2012, 09:45:13 AM »
 ::danceban:: ::bustamove:: ::whoohoo:: ::cool:: ::thumbsup:: ::mooning::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2012, 10:14:46 AM »

Rotten Tomatoes, we've got a long row to hoe.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2012, 03:09:30 AM »
Well, RottenTomatoes finally and probably grudgingly listed "2016" (correctly) as eighth place for the weekend.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2012, 07:43:17 PM »
 While pundits and critics are divided over whether "2016: Obama's America" is a sobering documentary examining "the most mysterious U.S. president in modern history" or an 87-minute attack ad, there's no debating that the film is a box office phenomenon.

Taking a page from his own book "The Roots of Obama's Rage," conservative scholar Diniseh D'Souza's film has shocked industry prognosticators by earning an estimated $20 million to date, more than five times what the second-highest documentary this year

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/2016-obama-america-shocks-film-industry-a-box-office-success-virtually-promotional-budget-article-1.1150536#ixzz2eey2rWMy

::thumbsup::

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2012, 08:04:27 PM »
While pundits and critics are divided over whether "2016: Obama's America" is a sobering documentary examining "the most mysterious U.S. president in modern history" or an 87-minute attack ad, there's no debating that the film is a box office phenomenon.

Taking a page from his own book "The Roots of Obama's Rage," conservative scholar Diniseh D'Souza's film has shocked industry prognosticators by earning an estimated $20 million to date, more than five times what the second-highest documentary this year

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/2016-obama-america-shocks-film-industry-a-box-office-success-virtually-promotional-budget-article-1.1150536#ixzz2eey2rWMy

::thumbsup::

It's a great feat, but perspective and honest assessment demand comparison to a similar Leftist "documentary" that purports to reveal truths about a president.

Fahrenheit 911 Domestic Gross: $119,194,771

Little victories like "2016" notwithstanding, the Left wins propaganda wars more often - probably because of the simple reason that they are willing to lie outright for effect.

2016's impact can be compared to Moore's Bowling for Columbine: $21,576,018. Not insignificant by any means, but not game-changing.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2012, 12:07:12 PM »
Little victories like "2016" notwithstanding, the Left wins propaganda wars more often - probably because of the simple reason that they are willing to lie outright for effect.

True dat - including the fact that they have no compunction against using public funds (through schools and other public agencies) to purchase and promote their leftist crap. They force us to support their crummy agenda.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2014, 12:14:19 PM »
Payback - Hound D'Souza, file false charges, indict him and make it costly...and show 'em who the boss really is!

Political persecution is no longer the province of seedy low-life regimes abroad...we have nothing lower or seedier than the Obama Regime!

And for the producer of Schindler's List to say this about America today?  - - - >
“I’ve never had the occasion to think that I had to fear my government. I never had the thought that I had reason to think I had to look over my shoulder until now.”

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/01/schindlers-list-producer-gerald-molen-i-never-feared-my-government-until-now/

For those who think fascism and another holocaust could not happen here...I give you these words directed at liberal/progressive/mainstream Democrat Barack Hussein Obama, President of the United States!