Author Topic: Generators in use by IAL members of 6000W +  (Read 8863 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Generators in use by IAL members of 6000W +
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2015, 08:30:41 AM »
Ask em if they'd care to spend a day at home with no power at all -- it's easy to simulate that by just flipping off the main breaker.

In any case, good luck.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2015, 10:04:52 AM »
If you get a generator - get one that is a welder. Then you can also weld with it.  I still have no good power backup here at the farm.. I want to do PV solar, but I can't afford to that it twice.. so right now it would mean dismantling and moving the system if I need it down here.  I want my own weder anyway,  and it solves both problems in one go...

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2015, 08:38:50 PM »
Here I go again...

Nothing like family to make a liar out of yourself...my determination to "get this done" by last summer went "poof" faster than a fat man's diet at a buffet line!

Trying to get my family on board in principle and financial support is like...well, trying to herd fricken cats!   ::bashing::   ::pullhair::

But, I shall try again.  And try, and try...and try.  I can be a real stubborn SOB so, either they get totally sick of me or I grind them down and they surrender.  Last year I tried logic and reason.  This year I will employ fear and more fear...and maybe some anger.  Wish me luck!

Try shaming them it works well for me. Stay away from Chinese sh*t and Generac. Better a good used American one than a Chinese import. The American stuff always has an after market to support it in a pinch.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2015, 06:28:21 AM »
Here I go again...

Nothing like family to make a liar out of yourself...my determination to "get this done" by last summer went "poof" faster than a fat man's diet at a buffet line!

Trying to get my family on board in principle and financial support is like...well, trying to herd fricken cats!   ::bashing::   ::pullhair::

But, I shall try again.  And try, and try...and try.  I can be a real stubborn SOB so, either they get totally sick of me or I grind them down and they surrender.  Last year I tried logic and reason.  This year I will employ fear and more fear...and maybe some anger.  Wish me luck!

Try shaming them it works well for me. Stay away from Chinese sh*t and Generac. Better a good used American one than a Chinese import. The American stuff always has an after market to support it in a pinch.

::hat-tip::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.