Author Topic: Anybody familiar with FAMC?  (Read 6471 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Anybody familiar with FAMC?
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2012, 08:01:53 PM »
I knew 'em by the moniker "John Wayne".  Don't have any, but I have many pocket knives with gizmos, still, not a bad idea Pan.

Can get on eBay too.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/P-38-P38-GI-Military-US-Army-Can-Opener-John-Wayne-/360343501790

And gun shows usually.

Glock, expand your horizons, man.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2012, 08:12:11 PM »
I knew 'em by the moniker "John Wayne".  Don't have any, but I have many pocket knives with gizmos, still, not a bad idea Pan.

Can get on eBay too.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/P-38-P38-GI-Military-US-Army-Can-Opener-John-Wayne-/360343501790

And gun shows usually.

::hysterical::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2012, 08:43:51 PM »

Can get on eBay too.

And gun shows usually.

That's gonna leave a mark.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2012, 08:52:48 PM »

Can get on eBay too.

And gun shows usually.

That wasn't my intention.  It was meant as a gentle ribbing.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2012, 09:11:30 PM »

Can get on eBay too.

OK, got my curiosity up. From wackypedia:

The P-38 is known as a "John Wayne" by the United States Marine Corps, either because of its toughness and dependability,[2]  or because of an unsubstantiated story that the actor had been shown in an as-yet-unidentified training film opening a can of K-Rations. The can opener is pocket-sized, approximately 1.5 inches (38 mm) long, and consists of a short metal blade that serves as a handle, with a small, hinged metal tooth that folds out to pierce the can lid. A notch just under the hinge point keeps the opener hooked around the rim of the can as the device is "walked" around to cut the lid out. A larger version called the P-51 is somewhat easier to operate. The handle portion can also double as a flat-blade screwdriver.

I wonder.

In the 1965 film "In Harm's Way" Rockwell Torrey - played by John Wayne - is on a dinner date with Lieutenant Maggie Haynes (Patricia Neal). She asks him to open a tin of something or another and he pulls out a pocketknife and makes short work of it. She compliments him on the quick job he's made of it and he responds by complimenting the knife saying something about "No sailor being caught dead without one" (paraphrase).

Probably just coincidence...

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2012, 10:44:26 AM »

Can get on eBay too.

And gun shows usually.

With those sharp elbows of youe it left a mark.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2012, 01:49:43 PM »
Anybody else have a couple of P38s on hand?

I'm down to one. Need to get a few more at the next gun show.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2012, 02:45:14 PM »

Can get on eBay too.

And gun shows usually.

Y'know, I'm really glad to "see" you here; something about missing the abuse.  Woe.   ;)

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2012, 06:32:26 PM »

Can get on eBay too.

And gun shows usually.

Y'know, I'm really glad to "see" you here; something about missing the abuse.  Woe.   ;)

I spent most of the day putting the truck back together after it ended up under water and the Grand Prix may be a total loss. So this has become therapy.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2012, 06:51:39 PM »
Didn't you just recently buy the Grand Prix?

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2012, 07:02:35 PM »
Didn't you just recently buy the Grand Prix?

No I bought the GP in 2000 I just bought a 2012 Impala LTZ. Thank G-D that's safe.But losing the truck would've broken my heart.
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2012, 07:10:34 PM »
What the hell happened "ended up under water"?  The hurricane??

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2012, 07:27:03 PM »

Outer bands and an incompetent mayor that didn't open the lockes to let the water level drop so the drainage ditches could do their job.Coming home It got real deep out of nowher and a wave washed over the hood of the car and the engine stalled . I called home which was 1/4 mile away and my son grabbed the truck and went to fast and put it ina drainage ditch nose down.

Inded up having a friend pull both out with his 4x4 and the truck started and the car is still dead.Had to take the whole interior out of the truck to dry it out before it started with the mold which happens real fast down here.
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2012, 07:33:13 PM »

Outer bands and an incompetent mayor that didn't open the lockes to let the water level drop so the drainage ditches could do their job.Coming home It got real deep out of nowher and a wave washed over the hood of the car and the engine stalled . I called home which was 1/4 mile away and my son grabbed the truck and went to fast and put it ina drainage ditch nose down.

Inded up having a friend pull both out with his 4x4 and the truck started and the car is still dead.Had to take the whole interior out of the truck to dry it out before it started with the mold which happens real fast down here.

Oh Good Lord!  He wasn't hurt, was he?

Okay, you got your hands full alright.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2012, 08:31:52 PM »

Oh Good Lord!  He wasn't hurt, was he?

Okay, you got your hands full alright.

No nobody got hurt the GP may be the only casualty at this point. I'm still going to try and save her.
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2012, 09:30:48 PM »
Good.  And good luck.

Offline EW1(SG)

• Who? Me?
    • EW1's Intercept Log
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2012, 09:35:20 PM »
Good.  And good luck.

What she said!  And glad nobody was hurt.
My doctor told me to start killing people.  Not in those exact words, she said I had to reduce the stress in my life.

Same thing.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2012, 09:39:30 PM »
Yes, y'all be safe and best wishes on your fixing the GP.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.