Author Topic: The 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in New Orleans OK's TX to cut PP funding  (Read 732 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Saw this earlier last week and forgot to post, ruling didn't seem to get a lot of press...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/48746014/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Good grief!

Texas officials sought to cut off funding to Planned Parenthood clinics that provide family planning and health services to poor women after the state's Republican-led Legislature passed a law banning funds to organizations linked to abortion providers. No state money goes to pay for abortions.

Planned Parenthood sued, saying the law violates its free speech rights. The Texas attorney general argued lawmakers may decide which organizations receive state funds.

Since when are taxpayers required to fund any person's or organization's "free speech"?  PP sued on the grounds that cutting funds to them is a violation of the Constitution?!  Is there something in the Constitution of Texas that mandates continued funding of any "non-profit" once it's begun?

I am gratified PP lost.  Enough of this baloney.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Yup, forced participation is just swell for these morons and the fact that it violates basic liberties and they want it anyway ought to scare the crap out of people!  I hope they get their legs cut out from under them in state after state!

charlesoakwood

This has been overturned in four other states I believe.
It's one of those Federale tentacles.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
A finely honed Katana will slice that vile appendage off nicely...

::evil::