Author Topic: Anybody??  (Read 1292 times)

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Anybody??
« on: August 28, 2012, 07:24:17 PM »
With all that is going in Washington these days some things don’t make the news the way they should.  Fourteen days ago President Obama issued an Executive Order that you should know about.  This order gives an unprecedented level of authority to the President and the federal government to take over all the fundamental parts of our economy - in the name of national security - in times of national emergency.

This means all of our water resources, construction services and materials (steel, concrete, etc.), our civil transportation system, food and health resources, our energy supplies including oil and natural gas – even farm equipment – can be taken over by the President and his cabinet secretaries.  The Government can also draft U.S. citizens into the military and force U.S. citizens to fulfill "labor requirements" for the purposes of "national defense."  There is not even any Congressional oversight, only briefings are required.

http://kaygranger.house.gov/weekly-enewsletter-executive-order-you-should-know-about
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Anybody??
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 08:43:28 PM »
With all that is going in Washington these days some things don’t make the news the way they should.  Fourteen days ago President Obama issued an Executive Order that you should know about.  This order gives an unprecedented level of authority to the President and the federal government to take over all the fundamental parts of our economy - in the name of national security - in times of national emergency.

This means all of our water resources, construction services and materials (steel, concrete, etc.), our civil transportation system, food and health resources, our energy supplies including oil and natural gas – even farm equipment – can be taken over by the President and his cabinet secretaries.  The Government can also draft U.S. citizens into the military and force U.S. citizens to fulfill "labor requirements" for the purposes of "national defense."  There is not even any Congressional oversight, only briefings are required.

http://kaygranger.house.gov/weekly-enewsletter-executive-order-you-should-know-about

And this is what, the 17th order dealing with "emergencies"?  I am still not sure what game he is playing, but the only thing this does is fuel the fire.  The man must be trying to loose- and finding it difficult to offend his mindless useful idiots,  I mean "loyal supporters."

charlesoakwood

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 08:45:49 PM »

It's against my religion to curse another, so, I will
just say, hell hasn't frozen over.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 08:53:33 PM »
More provocation, attempting to get someone to do something rash and foolish.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 08:58:12 PM »
We talked about this when it came out in March of this year.

I don't like it or some of the more obvious implications, but cooler heads than mine said that it was merely modifications to a long-running document outlining emergency procedures and policies.

I don't have to tell anyone here to keep their powder dry...

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 09:18:38 PM »
Yeah, this is re-hitting radars, probably because of the election season kickiing into high gear.

Do not trust this Regime to do anything for less than nefarious reasons.

Powder dry - check.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.