Author Topic: Libertas' All Things 2012 RNC Convention Thread  (Read 13558 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Libertas' All Things 2012 RNC Convention Thread
« on: August 28, 2012, 07:49:39 PM »
If enough, perhaps we should fire up the chat room.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 11:44:14 PM by trapeze »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Re: Anybody watching the convention?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 09:25:21 PM »
If enough, perhaps we should fire up the chat room.

I am
just got home...

listened on way to the radio
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 09:27:07 PM »
Sorry.  Not interested.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 09:31:49 PM »
Watching Ann Romney.......started a little slow, but she is hitting stride. Doing a good job, IMO.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 09:42:35 PM »
Awright, goldammy!  I'm sucked in by Christie's speech and I don't like him.  Nevertheless .........
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 09:51:14 PM »
Awright, goldammy!  I'm sucked in by Christie's speech and I don't like him.  Nevertheless .........

hahahaha

anyone --how'd Walker do?  I wanted to hear him but missed him
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 09:53:02 PM »
Christie's lumping himself in with Conservatives.  He's no freakin' Conservative.  Bleh .......

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2012, 09:54:00 PM »
Christie's lumping himself in with Conservatives.  He's no freakin' Conservative.  Bleh .......

must be New Jersey conservativism

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2012, 09:54:57 PM »

must be New Jersey conservativism

Yah, otherwise known as dem-lite.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2012, 09:55:53 PM »
But his speechwriter is good.

Offline EW1(SG)

• Who? Me?
    • EW1's Intercept Log
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2012, 10:00:55 PM »
So we should toss Christie and keep the speechwriter?
My doctor told me to start killing people.  Not in those exact words, she said I had to reduce the stress in my life.

Same thing.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2012, 10:03:30 PM »
So we should toss Christie and keep the speechwriter?

You think either believes in the words?  I don't.

And try tossing Christie.  Hernia central.

/fattie fatfat joke

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2012, 10:10:44 PM »
Juan Williams' take on Ann Romney's speech:  She's a very rich woman.  Not connectible to the average woman's life.

You sonofabitch you.  She's had cancer and has MS.  Where does "rich" fix that? 

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2012, 10:13:38 PM »
Christie's speech was good. I'll give him some slack because a conservative in NJ stands no chance being elected. I'll take his brand of conservatism in NJ over a liberal dem in charge. If he continues to do good things in the state, maybe conservatives will have more opportunity later.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2012, 10:14:21 PM »
I got home late from work. I'm seeing everything delayed by way of DVR...

Watched Santorum's speech. It got a little slow toward the end with his "I've shook the hands of America" stuff. I also noticed that he did not hesitate to slam O'Bongo. That was one of Limbaugh's concerns. Other observations: I don't care for the style of speaking where they stop at pre-planned "applause points" and wait for the audience to clap and cheer (whether they like it or not). Overall a good speech but by no means spectacular. It does sort of show us what we might have had (as a candidate, as a campaigner) in Rick Santorum and yeah, we could have done better. It remains to be seen if Romney can be better at this.

Next up was Ted Cruz and I thought he gave a much better speech even if he also did the stop and wait for applause stuff. It's like the people in charge took the speech as written and then decided where the speaker would pause...probably set it up on the teleprompter that way. Anyway, I have no doubt at all after listening to Ted Cruz speak that he will crush the Democrat in November. I can see why, after he had the time to properly present himself as the alternative to establishment favorite Dewhurst, that he won in a landslide. The guy has presence and he is 100% pro Constitution and pro liberty. This will be a Tea Party senator. Cruz is also not afraid to mention the president's failings. This is good.

Now I am watching Artur Davis, this convention's Zell Miller and, well, WOW. They should have had him do the intro for Romney. He is kicking ass. I will remind everyone that Davis was O'Bongo's campaign co-chair. What a turnaround. He starts out by saying that four years ago he was in the wrong place. He mocks the Greek columns of the 2008 Democrat convention..."Things that start with styrofoam columns and fake smoke do not end well." What incredible O'Bongo criticism. Holy cow. There are no pulled punches here. He is kicking O'Bongo's ass all over this stage...mopping the floor with O'Bongo's worthless ass. Davis is a terrific orator. They need him on the campaign trail with Romney and Ryan every single day until the election. Now he is slamming the Democrat Party in general. Taking NO prisoners. Woo, hoo! Davis is the Saul of Tarsis of this campaign. He has truly had a "road to Damascus" conversion.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 10:18:40 PM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2012, 10:15:17 PM »
Juan Williams' take on Ann Romney's speech:  She's a very rich woman.  Not connectible to the average woman's life.

You sonofabitch you.  She's had cancer and has MS.  Where does "rich" fix that? 

Dons take on JUAN Williams...he's a very stupid man.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2012, 10:18:01 PM »
Walker was good, Santorum did well and I thought that Davis fella was a hoot (Dem's really pissed about that latter one escaping the Plantation, attcking him before he even spoke.).

Not my new BFF by any means, but an escapee talking down Duh Wun, that's gotta leave a mark...

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/08/congressional-black-caucus-attacks-artur-davis-for-leaving-plantation-and-supporting-romney/

ETA - Cruz was good, he needs some polish before a big audience, but it is no wonder he trounced a douche like Dewhurst.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2012, 10:25:25 PM »
Now Nikki Haley. Poised and confident presence on stage. Starts out with the mom and dad stuff and immediately turns it into a O'Bongo slam against the "you didn't build that" theme. Hammered on South Carolina's manufacturing base as a foil to the washed up union strongholds.

She goes on to also kick O'Bongo's ass about regulations. This is good.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2012, 10:28:28 PM »
Meghan Kelly:  "You know whose standing did not improve with women tonight?  Juan Williams."

Right on.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2012, 10:28:52 PM »
I really dislike the moving background. It looks like white smoke is moving back and forth and up and down on a blue background...very distracting while I'm trying to focus on the speakers.