Author Topic: Libertas' All Things 2012 RNC Convention Thread  (Read 13309 times)

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Re: Anybody watching the convention?
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2012, 10:55:33 AM »
Juan Williams' take on Ann Romney's speech:  She's a very rich woman.  Not connectible to the average woman's life.

You sonofabitch you.  She's had cancer and has MS.  Where does "rich" fix that? 

Why doesn't he talk about that fat ass that's been on vacation since she stepped into the W.H. spending millions on us. Ya the first wookie connects with the poor in skin color only. Effing bitch.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
Re: Libertas' All Things 2012 RNC Convention Thread
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2012, 11:11:34 AM »
Word is floating around that the "Mystery Speaker" for Thurs. night will be Clint Eastwood ... seriously . That wouldn't be terribly surprising . Some on this site may remember Duke Wayne addressing the RNC in 1968 .

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2012, 11:22:31 AM »
Word is floating around that the "Mystery Speaker" for Thurs. night will be Clint Eastwood ... seriously . That wouldn't be terribly surprising . Some on this site may remember Duke Wayne addressing the RNC in 1968 .

I would love to see that!! ::newyear::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2012, 11:47:30 AM »
I'd like to see some fire-breathers...but, McCain...McConnell?   ::puke::

Looking forward to Ryan.

And tomorrow night, wtf invited Jeb Bush?   ::facepalm::

http://www.gopconvention2012.com/media-portal/
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2012, 12:10:57 PM »

I'd love to see it. Our own Hollywood elite. Lol.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2012, 06:21:24 PM »
Convention just started.

Interesting choice for the invocation: A sikh complete with turban.

Then a Ron Paul love fest video.

Right now Mitch McConnell is electrifying the crowd with his slow and deliberative oratory non-skills. He is, however, spending some time slamming O'Bongo by name. Thankfully it didn't last long.

Now a musical number by Jack Blades (bass guitar player and vocalist for Night Ranger and Damn Yankees) singing something called "Back In The Game." Someone is definitely trying to make the point that Republicans rock.

* Oh, cool. This is my 4000th post. Yippee. *

Rand Paul just took the stage. (7:30 ET) Starts out attacking O'BongoCare. Declares it unconstitutional in no uncertain terms. Crowd goes wild.
Now goes after, "You didn't build that." Pure conservative red meat going on here. This is definitely Kentucky's better senator when it comes to public speaking.

BTW...Romney went to Indiana today to speak at the American Legion conference. O'Bongo was busy fundraising and phoned it in with a video. This goes well with the news that O'Bongo sent machine signed form letters to the families of fallen SEALs...mrs. trapeze said that it made her sick to her stomach.

Rand Paul is indicting O'Bongo over the debt big time. Lots of overtures to the Tea Party via love for the Constitution. Now paying homage to Reagan.

Now (7:45ET) there is a GHW Bush & GW Bush video presentation. GHW Bush imitates Dana Carvey imitating him...hilarious. Laura Bush is still the classiest first lady in the last I don't know how many years.

Now (7:50ET) Beau Davidson ("Blessed") with lots of military pictures in the background...patriotic moment. Interesting look...long blond hair and navy business suit.

Now (7:55ET) Jeanine McDonnell speaks. She is the daughter of Virginia governor Bob McDonnell. Ex Military...Army platoon leader. She introduces Chris Devlin-Young...wounded in action...paralyzed. A para-Olympian in alpine skiing. Inspirational. And then ruins it by introducing Senator McSlug.

So (8:00ET) McSlug takes the stage. Perhaps he will be offering advice on how to win..."Don't do what I did."
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 07:02:11 PM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2012, 07:13:16 PM »
Damn, I just can't figure out why we didn't elect McSlug. This is about the most boring speech ever. Sure am glad it isn't during prime time.

Delegates are looking at their watches. Surfing the web on their smartphones. Some are hitting the exits for the snack bars.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2012, 07:16:42 PM »
Now (8:14ET) a video of Romney giving a speech in Israel.

House band does a jazz thingy.

*yawn*

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2012, 07:17:37 PM »
Ryan's supposed to speak at 10:30.  I'd like to catch that, but I'm putting on CSPAN tonight, not Fox News.  Meghan Kelly and Brit Hume (of all people) blabbed right through the National Anthem last night, so it's one more reason Fox can KMA.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2012, 07:18:42 PM »
Yeah, cspan is the way to go. Miss nothing. Wall to wall convention.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2012, 08:05:58 PM »
Okay, I'm back...

Sen. Rob Portman is speaking.

Pretty good red meat speech.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 08:10:06 PM by trapeze »

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2012, 08:13:17 PM »
Now Steve Cohen...small business owner from Ohio. Yet another reference to "we did build it."

Talking about rules and regulations strangling business. Talking about the war on coal.

Should be mentioning O'Bongo's role in these problems. Isn't. Talking up Romney...all well and good...but not complaining about O'Bongo's role in this mess.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2012, 08:16:54 PM »
Lots of Puerto Ricans in this convention. Last night their first lady. Tonight their governor.

Young, good looking, articulate. So far, so good.

Let's see if he slams O'Bongo.

Bitching about federal spending and debt...but not mentioning O'Bongo.

Talking up Romney/Ryan. Fine...but why not slam O'Bongo?

Hey...here's a fun question: If Puerto Rico voted to become a state and was then granted statehood, would this guy be eligible to be president of the USA?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 08:21:55 PM by trapeze »

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2012, 08:26:47 PM »
And now another musical interlude...this time it is a contemporary Christian group called The Katinas.

There may be almost no mainstream entertainers here but the talent that they have is pretty good.

This is followed by another Romney video...lots of flags and patriotic stuff.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2012, 08:29:52 PM »
Tim Pawlenty takes the stage at 9:30ET Will there be any O'Bongo bashing?

Looks like it. He's listing stuff off but will he explain why all this stuff is so bad? Starts off with some Biden jokes. Then follows with some O'Bongo jokes. All fine and well but he really needs to get nasty about O'Bongo.

And still the O'Bongo jokes keep coming. He needs to EXPLAIN why O'Bongo is so bad. Why bother mentioning the failed policies if you don't explain them? Tell the USA why he has failed us.

And now he is talking up Romney. Sorry...not enough O'Bongo bashing.

What an incredibly uninspiring speech. Ugh.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 08:39:04 PM by trapeze »

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2012, 08:39:23 PM »
Oh, NO! Huckaboob. Let the good times roll. There won't be any O'Bongo bashing here. He does a throwaway joke about Debbie Wasserman Schultz. BFD.

Huckaboob hates Romney. Claims that O'Bongo has made him a big Romney fan. Yeah, sure.

Well, I will say this for the Huckster...he gives a better speech than Pawlenty but that isn't exactly high praise given how crappy Tpaw did.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 08:44:27 PM by trapeze »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2012, 08:43:40 PM »
T-Paw did OK, it was short, which works to his advantage.

Welcome to Barack Obama's retirement party, I like that.

Huckster is on now.  Not what one would call a dynamic speaker, hope I stay awake...

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2012, 08:45:10 PM »
Tpaw was a yawner. It's pretty bad when you get outdone by Huckaboob.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2012, 08:46:49 PM »
Huckaboob just talked up the Bill of Rights and totally ignored the 2nd Amendment. Typical Huckaboob.

Well, he sure walked a very wobbly tightrope in explaining how he supports a mormon.

Who thought that Huckaboob giving a speech was a good idea?

This is the "we can do better" speech, I guess. It would help if he did a lot more O'Bongo bashing.

And he's gone. Whew.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 08:54:07 PM by trapeze »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #59 on: August 29, 2012, 08:54:59 PM »
His voice and delivery anesthetize me...thank God that is over.

Where's the star-power?

Is that it playing on stage now?