Author Topic: This story isn't doing much to assuage my fears that we are in a police state!  (Read 2460 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/former-marine-detained-for-ominous-facebook-posts-speaks-out-for-the-first-time-it-made-me-scared-for-my-country/

Three points - 1) Stay the hell off Facebook, or, if you must use any social media, be more clever than the statist trash trolling it; 2) never agree to talk to the authorities, don't go out of your home to talk to them, don't say sh*t but "no warrant? GTFO my property!" ; 3) people ought to be very concerned over stories like this.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
That there is police state bullsh*t.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Well, we're screwed.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/former-marine-detained-for-ominous-facebook-posts-speaks-out-for-the-first-time-it-made-me-scared-for-my-country/

Three points - 1) Stay the hell off Facebook, or, if you must use any social media, be more clever than the statist trash trolling it; 2) never agree to talk to the authorities, don't go out of your home to talk to them, don't say sh*t but "no warrant? GTFO my property!" ; 3) people ought to be very concerned over stories like this.

4) do NOT invite them in your house either; once they're in, they leave when they want to do so and not before.

I made that mistake a long time ago, in NJ.  "Can we come in and talk?  You don't want everybody in the neighborhood watching what's going on, do you?"
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

4) do NOT invite them in your house either; once they're in, they leave when they want to do so and not before.

I made that mistake a long time ago, in NJ.  "Can we come in and talk?  You don't want everybody in the neighborhood watching what's going on, do you?"

Another good reason to have Castle Law too!  (Or original Founding law with respect to arms, if you will.  We should NOT be begging for our God given rights!)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Might as well keep documenting more examples for this thread, perhaps hundreds of years from now if there is a human race (or whatever) interested in why we destroyed ourselves, they can add stuff like this to their "Don't do this sh*t" list:

Recording cops, still seen as bad form in some circles...if they such good upstanding cops what is it they fear, eh?

http://www.infowars.com/california-man-jailed-four-days-for-recording-cops/

Flu shots still voluntary at my place of work, these unfortunate people though were canned for not getting theirs -

http://www.wlwt.com/news/local-news/cincinnati/TriHealth-fires-150-employees-for-not-getting-flu-shots/-/13549970/17523386/-/3khe3s/-/index.html

I'm sure the advent of ObamaCare is going to make all of this so much more streamlined and efficient...kinda Nazi-efficient, but, whatever, it's for your own good, you understand, right?!  I SAID, RIGHT?!

San Antonio kids low-jacked, yeah, no violation of civil liberty there, they're in a government pen, er skool, so...

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2012/11/25/schools-tracking-devices-causes-controversy/

While others use palm scanners at school, it's OK though, just top pay for those tasty gubmint lunches, nothing nefarious here, any abuse would be quickly discovered and rectified to be sure!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2012/11/25/palm-scanners-technology-schools/1726175/

Isn't documenting our descent into Hell fun?!  I bet it's one of the few growth industries in this country now!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
I reckon this fits here.

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2012/12/gov-dossiers-on-us-citizens/

Hey Eric, we in Libertyville have our dossiers too.   ;)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
... Holder would also allow databases containing information about U.S. citizens to be shared with foreign governments for their own analysis.

"But the changes come with strict guidelines about how the information may be used ... ".

Right.  Oklahoma swampland anybody?

eta:

The changes to the rules for the NCTC were sought in large part after authorities failed to catch Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab before he boarded a plane on Christmas Day in 2009 with explosives sewn into his underwear. Abdulmutallab wasn’t on the FBI watchlist, but the NCTC had received tips about him, and yet failed to search other government databases to connect dots that might have helped prevent him from boarding the plane.

Right again.  Just the price we have to pay for enjoying the cultural-enriching vibrancy of allowing such people into our country.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 11:50:59 AM by Pandora »
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
I bet that Oklahoma swampland is pricey too! 

"...cultural-enriching vibrancy..."

Yeah, if they kept it from coming IN we wouldn't need our rights trampled, right?  Well, Hell, can't have that now can we, we are FORCED to accept such vibrancy!

Force.  What's good for the goose is good for the gander.   ;)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
In context with the efforts to disarm We the Militia this makes perfect sense...

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2012/12/28/congress-approves-warrantless-wiretapping-program/

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Nothing to see here. Move along....

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Egg Zachary.  It is what they count on, and sheeple make it possible...

charlesoakwood

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2020096770_shooting10m.html

...[junkie] Theoharis was shot about 16 times and plans to file a civil suit in which a key issue will be whether the officers had justification [no warrant] to enter the room in which he was shot, Heipt [his lawyer] said.

"We think it's pretty clear that they didn't," Heipt said.
No firearms were found in the room.
A flashlight was found in a pool of blood next to the bed,
and an end table within reaching distance contained
aluminum cans and a variety of objects, including two
remote controls, according to the prosecutors' summary.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
remote controls
, according to the prosecutors' summary.

Hmmm. I wonder if these were pre-ban remotes? Did they have the capacity to carry extra channels? Were they registered?

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
remote controls
, according to the prosecutors' summary.

Hmmm. I wonder if these were pre-ban remotes? Did they have the capacity to carry extra channels? Were they registered?

I guess 16 shots indicated a severe breach of the law, eh?

::unknowncomic::

Police state?  Nah!  That's crazy talk!

::)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
"Only the police should have guns"
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
I've come to the conclusion that in the near future, police will not be allowed to carry anything other than a whistle and in the Charlie Rangle train of "limited" thought, liberals will have to serve as policeman for a period of no less that ten years. If they survive they can be permitted to vote. ::grouphug::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
It's all coming together for SkyNet.

CO posted an update here re: blimps -

http://itsaboutliberty.com/index.php/topic,5375.0.html

Add in this to everything else -

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-02-13/guest-post-meet-stingray-surveillance-unconstitutional-all-you-can-eat-data-buffet

Yup, tell me again we are not in a police state and real criminals are a target, not we the people!

It's not just little kids that live in fantasyland...the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, Tooth Fairy...global warming/climate change, sustainable growth, smart-meters, zero-based budgeting, spending your way to prosperity, fair elections...thinking you don't live in a police state...fricken delusional bastards everywhere!!!

charlesoakwood

It wouldn't require a TEOTWAWKI just a general PO'd and towers and/or other data transmission systems could easily become disabled.  In other words, ham or other radios becoming a necessity are a much higher probability than a SHTF scenario is.