Author Topic: More police state harrassment, this time in WI  (Read 1707 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
More police state harrassment, this time in WI
« on: August 29, 2012, 07:13:36 AM »

FUK -  “Fundamentally Useless Kenyan”    ::hysterical::

::thumbsup::

Anti-free speech libiot killjoy!

::doublebird::

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/police-question-army-vet-for-anti-obama-message-on-truck-obama-fuk-off-he-says-its-not-a-typo/

Could use some more like 'ol "Wild Boar"!

::beertoast::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: More police state harrassment, this time in WI
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 07:28:38 AM »
I don't think it's a police matter, but if I was his neighbor, I might remind him that a 7 year old - who is in the stage of reading everything she sees aloud - ought not be intentionally exposed to it.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 07:39:32 AM »
I don't think it's a police matter, but if I was his neighbor, I might remind him that a 7 year old - who is in the stage of reading everything she sees aloud - ought not be intentionally exposed to it.

I agree, but the libiots find a t-shirt with F#$@ Bush as appropriate.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 11:10:07 AM »
That's because they're libiots.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 11:22:48 AM »
Double standard.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2012, 11:29:35 AM »
I think those who are in the field of law may it be police, lawyer or judge they are doing their duty. But if you think it is illegal then you can hire a good lawyer who can defense against your case or defense against the WI people. Normally it is the duty of law to protect the people not to harass them illegally. If you feel they are harassing then claim a case in the court. The judge will surely help out of this.
Sure because I want a judge that was trained in case law as opposed to constitutional law to hear my case. Thanks but no. I can use my judgement in cases such as this to refrain from objectionable material for public consumption. As IDP pointed out, better to remind him gently as a neighbor with logical reasoning why he should remove or alter the language. That's what's missing today, good neighborly sense and now you'll excuse me, I have to piss on his grave.... ::rolllaughing::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2012, 12:17:53 PM »
I think those who are in the field of law may it be police, lawyer or judge they are doing their duty. But if you think it is illegal then you can hire a good lawyer who can defense against your case or defense against the WI people. Normally it is the duty of law to protect the people not to harass them illegally. If you feel they are harassing then claim a case in the court. The judge will surely help out of this.
Sure because I want a judge that was trained in case law as opposed to constitutional law to hear my case. Thanks but no. I can use my judgement in cases such as this to refrain from objectionable material for public consumption. As IDP pointed out, better to remind him gently as a neighbor with logical reasoning why he should remove or alter the language. That's what's missing today, good neighborly sense and now you'll excuse me, I have to piss on his grave.... ::rolllaughing::

I still say that's why HOAs are so popular in some places.  One doesn't have to deal with one's neighbor, but can instead run to the local "authorities" to "enforce the rules", and the complainer can remain mostly anonymous.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2012, 01:10:40 PM »

I still say that's why HOAs are so popular in some places.  One doesn't have to deal with one's neighbor, but can instead run to the local "authorities" to "enforce the rules", and the complainer can remain mostly anonymous.

When I ran for my neighborhood HOA I told them up front that I wasn't going to go looking for trouble, or enforcing covenant violations I happen to notice. If it doesn't bother you your neighbor's trash can is out two days after pickup, then why should it bother me. And if it does bother you- talk to your neighbor about it.  I told them the covenants are there if you and your neighbor can't work it out, and if you haven't talked to them, then don't come crying to me till you do. If your neighbors don't care enough about the problem to talk to their neighbor about it, then I don't care enough about the problem to do it either.   They elected me anyway - twice. 

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2012, 01:50:36 PM »
We got Gunsmith elected to VP of our mostly dysfunctional HOA, more than ten years ago, in order to stymie whatever bullspit the more vocal, "correct" homeowners might come up with.  This was shortly after the current president called a quorum for elections because he didn't want to do it anymore, after they'd chased off our street THE guy who was the most generous and helpful to all in the aftermath of '96's Hurricane Fran, and during which meeting the outgoing president made note of our bug-zapper, way up on our property hanging from a tree; violation, you know.

The man who originally bought all this land, our little "subdivision", separated it into lots and subsequently sold them off was a fella by the name of Wallace Kaufman; he also wrote the covenants for the HOA, such as "outdoor lights must be hooded to protect the quality of the night sky"; increased to 25 feet (from the county's 10) the property-line buffer (this caused us no end of trouble when building the garage); and decreed the wooded areas of each property were to be left as nature made them, iow, no clearing out the brush and the dead wood. We live on a heavily wooded lot, and for anybody who doesn't know, Mother Nature is a very messy gal, frequently dropping tree branches and limbs willy-nilly, and occasionally, the whole damn tree. 

The worst of the busy-bodies have since died or moved away; the few left know they're not going to get any enforcement help from the rest of us.  Most just ignore Kaufman's rules, live their lives, don't bother one another and there's been no trouble of which I'm aware.  Most of our properties can't be seen from the street or by neighbors anyway -- heavily wooded.

Kaufman's responsible for a number of such properties in the area around here -- ours is not the one named in his book.  He's since come to his senses, somewhat, after actually trying to live as he prescribed, and eventually took his "moderate environmentalism" out West.  I'm sure they're delighted to have him.

It was hard to find a place without an HOA when we were looking 20 years ago, so we settled for the least restrictive one within our price range, but the covenants have irritated me since Day One.  A while ago, I wanted to initiate a move to have them legally voided, but Gunsmith believed at the time that doing so would be setting up a fight over what was mostly ignored anyway, and not to be calling attention to it.  So, we wait, because they're due to expire within the next couple of years anyway, unless renewed.  Over my dead body. 

Wow.  I got long-winded.

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2012, 06:55:56 PM »
Was on the board years ago for my first home...Treasurer and VP, what ridiculousness gets on the agenda...while delinquints went unchallenged...I changed that, but good Lord, talk about pulling teeth...HOAs are a PITA, I have little to do with my current one, they don't bother me, I don't bother them.  I also got in fast so as to get what I wanted approved while board was under builder (like a dish, cannot believe what ugly work arounds people come up with that are worse than a dish on a roof!).  Anyway, it is a lot easier being low profile than sticking your neck out.  So far the more ouylandish crap has not been enacted, so, so far so good.

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2012, 07:43:07 PM »
There is a certain poetic justice in these idiots having to live under the laws they bind on others. That is why congressmen or anyone else who exempt themselves should be treated as treasonous vipers and killed on sight.....after a fair trial.....of course. Ahem.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2012, 08:45:35 PM »
There is a certain poetic justice in these idiots having to live under the laws they bind on others. That is why congressmen or anyone else who exempt themselves should be treated as treasonous vipers and killed on sight.....after a fair trial.....of course. Ahem.

Oooooohhhhhh?  I'm hearing a certain different tune here, aren't I?