Author Topic: Environmental Justice  (Read 1528 times)

charlesoakwood

Environmental Justice
« on: August 30, 2012, 12:37:16 AM »

Beyond your wildest dream, they are.

$1.9 million in environmental justice grants 10th May 2010

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has awarded $1.9 million in environmental justice grants to 76 non-profit organizations and local governments working on environmental justice issues nationwide. The grant program supports Administrator Lisa P. Jackson’s priority to expand the conversation on environmentalism and work for environmental justice.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Environmental Justice
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 06:28:39 AM »
Our environment is polluted by too many proglodytes, I want a grant to rid us of this plague.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 10:31:12 AM »
what is environmental justice????
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 10:33:40 AM »
Communism.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 10:35:57 AM »
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2012, 10:39:09 AM »
What?  Why the eye-roll?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2012, 10:41:36 AM »
What?  Why the eye-roll?

not towards you

for the communists and their various names...

environmental justice just sounds stupid

what? justice for trees?

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2012, 11:39:48 AM »
What?  Why the eye-roll?

not towards you

for the communists and their various names...

environmental justice just sounds stupid

what? justice for trees?

Nah, they really don't care about trees.  Here's how it goes:  putting a factory or a power plant or anything that generates "waste"  (right; what doesn't)  in an "economically deprived" neighborhood is pushing "our" pollution on the pore&starvin' by creating a toxic environment for them to live in.  Of course, such businesses also provide jobs for the same pore&starvin' right where they live, which is supposed to be a good thing in terms of eliminating the need for transportation.

So, if the plant is built, it's environmentally "unjust"; if it isn't built, "we" don't GAS about "minorities" and the pore&starvin' because they're being denied opportunity.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2012, 12:52:15 PM »
Our environment is polluted by too many proglodytes, I want a grant to rid us of this plague.

How much do you think is needed? We'll have to see if we can get it to you. Will lead projectile donations make the cut? ::rockethrow::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.