Author Topic: The All Things 2012 DNC Convention Thread  (Read 21454 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
The All Things 2012 DNC Convention Thread
« on: September 04, 2012, 02:07:18 PM »
LOL.  The acceptance speech was originally planned to be held at the Panthers' stadium with 74,000 seats.  It is now being moved to the much smaller 20,000 seat arena where the rest of the convention is being held. Apparently, there are big fears about the spectacle of his speech being held in a half-filled stadium. They've been busing in students from all over the state, bringing in black church congregations from neighboring states, and still didn't have enough.

Fear not though, it's just being moved because of weather.   ::hysterical::

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2198206/Democrats-set-Obamas-big-speech-74-000-seater-outdoor-stadium-20-000-seater-indoor-arena.html
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 07:01:01 PM by trapeze »
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Democrats to move Obama's acceptance speech to smaller venue
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 02:22:51 PM »
Is it even possible that they believed they were going to be able to recapture a shred of the unjustified enthusiasm from 2008? Did they believe their own hype from four years past as they planned this event?
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

CatholicCrusader

Dems Remove All References to ‘God’ From 2012 Party Platform
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 05:55:36 PM »

Dems Remove All References to ‘God’ From 2012 Party Platform

Posted on September 4, 2012 at 2:50pm by Billy Hallowell
>> http://www.theblaze.com/stories/dems-remove-all-references-to-god-from-2012-party-platform/

Quote:
The Democratic Party may be getting a fair amount of attention this week — and not only because the political movement is hosting its national convention in Charlotte, North Carolina. Another point of focus has already been the contents — or the lack thereof — present in the 2012 Democratic Party Platform.

Earlier today, we told you that the document fails to mention Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, a proclamation that was previously touted by the party. And now, in an even more shocking revelation, CBN News is reporting that the Democrats have removed mentions of “God” from the document as well.

This is a departure from the past. In 2008, the platform read (emphasis added), “We need a government that stands up for the hopes, values, and interests of working people, and gives everyone willing to work hard the chance to make the most of their God-given potential.

With the words “God-given” removed, the 2012 platform sticks to a more secular script: “We gather to reclaim the basic bargain that built the largest middle class and the most prosperous nation on Earth – the simple principle that in America, hard work should pay off, responsibility should be rewarded, and each one of us should be able to go as far as our talent and drive take us.”

In the end, the Democratic platform doesn’t mention the words “God” or “Lord” even one time. In contrast, the GOP platform mentions God 12 times. A simple comparison to past years’ platforms shows a disparity. In 2008, the Democrats had only one mention (the aforementioned ”God-given”), but in 2004, God was mentioned seven times.

But, as CBN’s David Brody notes, the Democratic document isn’t entirely devoid of religious sentiment. A portion discusses the notion that faith has always “been a central part of the American story, and it has been a driving force of progress and justice throughout our history.”

Below, read the remainder of the Democratic platform’s views on faith:

“We know that our nation, our communities, and our lives are made vastly stronger and richer by faith and the countless acts of justice and mercy it inspires. Faith-based organizations will always be critical allies in meeting the challenges that face our nation and our world – from domestic and global poverty, to climate change and human trafficking.

People of faith and religious organizations do amazing work in communities across this country and the world, and we believe in lifting up and valuing that good work, and finding ways to support it where possible. We believe in constitutionally sound, evidence-based partnerships with faith-based and other non-profit organizations to serve those in need and advance our shared interests. There is no conflict between supporting faith-based institutions and respecting our Constitution, and a full commitment to both principles is essential for the continued flourishing of both faith and country.”

While faith communities being given credit for embracing “justice and mercy,” it’s quite odd to see that the word “God” — a central tenet in most areas of American life, including the political, is absent.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
Re: Democrats to move Obama's acceptance speech to smaller venue
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 06:24:22 PM »
Is it even possible that they believed they were going to be able to recapture a shred of the unjustified enthusiasm from 2008? Did they believe their own hype from four years past as they planned this event?
Apparently so!
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Dems Remove All References to ‘God’ From 2012 Party Platform
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 06:50:19 PM »
Well, I can at least say that I appreciate truth and forthrightness when and where it occurs. The facade cloaking the Democrat party as somehow mainstream has been a never-ending frustration.

The notion that it was a party made of Godly people based on Godly principles was an egregious lie. At least they see fit to abandon this one lie. Their reasons for doing so mean nothing to me.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
The All Things 2012 DNC Convention Thread
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 06:56:58 PM »
I'm going to merge a few topics that have already started so that we can keep this more or less under one roof...
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Re: The All Things 2012 DNC Convention Thread
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2012, 07:05:41 PM »
New poll out just in time for the DNC convention kickoff...

Barack Obama approaches his nomination for a second term with the lowest pre-convention personal popularity of an incumbent president in ABC News/Washington Post polls since the 1980s. He’s also at his lowest of the year among registered voters, with trouble among women.

Just 47 percent of registered voters in the latest ABC News/Washington Post poll see Obama favorably overall, down 7 percentage points from his recent peak in April, while 49 percent rate him unfavorably. He’s numerically underwater in this group for the first time since February.

The decline has occurred entirely among women registered voters – from 57-39 percent favorable-unfavorable in April to a numerically negative 46-50 percent now. That’s Obama’s lowest score among women voters – a focus of recent political positioning – in ABC/Post polls since he took office. Unusually, his rating among men, 50-47 percent favorable-unfavorable, is numerically better than it is among women, albeit not by a significant margin.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2012, 07:51:35 PM »
Who in the name of all that's Holy dare say right out loud at the Convention that "we all belong to the government"?!?

Okay? I want to know.  Levin went insane for a couple minutes, but I missed the source of that comment and I suspect the guy is still walking around, so I want to know.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2012, 07:57:56 PM »
Who in the name of all that's Holy dare say right out loud at the Convention that "we all belong to the government"?!?

Okay? I want to know.  Levin went insane for a couple minutes, but I missed the source of that comment and I suspect the guy is still walking around, so I want to know.

Such people will eventually and inevitably attempt to make good on that. They will have to be given a permanent lesson. We all know that.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2012, 09:05:24 PM »
As IDP talked about them being mainstream well  then perhaps Americans are just a racist bunch, however, I'm not part of that group of bastards who will continue to look upon everyone they meat with eye glasses that instantly separate all into little groups of color and sexual orientation. Screw them and the devil that they pray to. ::rockethrow::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2012, 09:11:01 PM »
Ironic the next big lib star is named Castro. What are the odds.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Miltrainer

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2012, 09:34:49 PM »
Ironic the next big lib star is named Castro. What are the odds.
Kind of goes along with the Dem star with the name Hussein. Hmmmmm! ::thinking::
You want the truth?....You can't handle the truth!

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2012, 09:47:28 PM »
I am seriously about to puke.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2012, 09:48:13 PM »

The twin three dollar bills from San Antonio.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2012, 09:48:54 PM »
 ::puke::

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2012, 09:49:41 PM »
No shortcuts? Play by the rules? Somebody subpoena tony resco

::puke:: ::puke:: ::puke:: ::puke::

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2012, 09:51:05 PM »
 ::puke:: ::puke:: ::puke:: ::puke:: ::puke:: ::puke:: ::puke:: ::puke:: ::puke:: ::puke:: ::puke:: ::puke:: ::puke:: ::lalanotlistening:: ::lalanotlistening:: ::lalanotlistening:: ::lalanotlistening:: ::lalanotlistening:: ::lalanotlistening::

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2012, 09:53:08 PM »
 ::moneyshaker:: ::moneyshaker:: ::moneyshaker:: ::moneyshaker:: ::moneyshaker:: ::moneyshaker:: ::moneyshaker:: ::moneyshaker:: ::bsmeter:: ::bsmeter:: ::bsmeter:: ::bsmeter:: ::bsmeter:: ::bsmeter::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2012, 09:57:23 PM »
It's an ad.  Short version:

DNC Video: "The Government Is The Only Thing We All Belong To"

Update: Someone’s nervous.

An Obama aide emails that the Charlotte host committee, not the Obama campaign, produced the video:

“The video in question was produced and paid for by the host committee of the city of Charlotte. It’s neither an OFA nor a DNC video, despite what the Romney campaign is claiming. It’s time for them to find a new target for their faux outrage.”

That’s super. Now how do they explain the “doing things together” rhetoric?

It's all over the web already, and there's nothing faux about the outrage.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2012, 09:58:46 PM »
I must apologize.....I didn't know what moochelle would have to speak about...... But I forgot, lying and liberal are one in the same.

Poor Barack, staying up late lamenting Americans struggles....had to change his tee times to later in the day.