Author Topic: The All Things 2012 DNC Convention Thread  (Read 21481 times)

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Re: The All Things 2012 DNC Convention Thread
« Reply #180 on: September 06, 2012, 11:57:46 PM »
"The Comedian" from Watchmen

Ah, yes, the comedian.

Jonah Goldberg should have used that smiley for his liberal fascism book.

WATCHMEN: American Dream - The Comedian and Nite Owl HD

THE COMEDIAN  :Congress is pushing through some new bill that's gonna outlaw masks. Our days are numbered. Till then, it's like you always say: we're society's only protection.
NITE OWL II :From what?
THE COMEDIAN :You kidding me? From themselves.
NITE OWL II :We were supposed to make the world a better place! What the hell happened to us? What happened to the American dream?
THE COMEDIAN :What happened to the American Dream? It came true! You're looking at it!

Sadly, the Founders suspected the same thing, from the first day. Franklin announced it a "Republic, if you can keep it" and in  their letters late in their lives, both Jefferson and Adams were pessimistic that it would endure- Human nature being what it is.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." -John Adams

They gave us a government that was too good for us, and we have, generation after generation, become less worthy of it. Obama wants to be seen as FDR because so many look to FDR as some sort of savior- a good man, the comforting father who told us to go to sleep and everything would be alright in the morning- the superhero. That is all Liberals are - people pretending they have superpowers.  However, look at the comics. The best superheroes- the most effective, are those with accurate  information- Superman had x-ray vision, Spiderman a Spidey-sense, the X-Men had Charles Xavier, Batman had the Bat Computer. The lame characters lacked this informational power.   Liberals deny there is any  such thing as truth, and they think they already have the answers,  which is why their childish attempts at playing hero  always fail. They are like aquaman- sure he had a informational power- he could talk to fish - problem is everything they say sounds ( and is )  fishy.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 12:03:19 AM by Weisshaupt »

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #181 on: September 07, 2012, 12:03:15 AM »
They have ads on MSNBC? What sort of sick, shameless profiteering is that?

I am guessing that they can't charge very much for them so they try and take up the slack by running a lot more of them.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #182 on: September 07, 2012, 12:24:12 AM »
I don't see why they need to be a for-profit venture at all. Don't they know the ideology they peddle 24/7 requires them to be a benevolent entity operating on the break-even principle?  Bunch of capitalist running dogs!
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 12:29:12 AM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #184 on: September 07, 2012, 12:50:57 AM »
From the Daily Beast...

Let’s be blunt. Barack Obama gave a dull and pedestrian speech tonight, with nary an interesting thematic device, policy detail, or even one turn of phrase. The crowd sure didn’t see it my way. The delegates were near delirium; to what extent they were merely still feeding off the amassed energy of the previous two nights I can’t say.

And swing voters watching at home? They probably weren’t as bored as I was, but it seems inconceivable that they’d have been enraptured. This was the rhetorical equivalent, forgive the football metaphor, of running out the clock: Obama clearly thinks he’s ahead and just doesn’t need to make mistakes. But when football teams do that, it often turns out to be the biggest mistake of all, and they lose.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #185 on: September 07, 2012, 12:53:49 AM »
And the Krauthammer transcript:

CHARLES KRAUTHAMMER: I was stunned. This is a man who gave one of the great speeches of our time in 2004, and he gave one of the emptiest speeches I have ever heard on a national stage. Yes, it had cadence, and yes, there were deceptions in it, but that is not what is so striking about it. There was nothing in it. This is a man who believes that government can and should do a lot. There is nothing in here that tells us how he's going to go from today to tomorrow. For any of the so called goals and what government is going to do, what is he going to enact?

At least Romney had a five point plan. What we heard from Obama was a vision. And he pulls numbers out of a hat. 100,000 new math and science teachers. 600,000 more people working in natural gas. Two million more trainees, and he doesn't say how we get from A to B. It's a vision. I have a vision of an America where there is no disease and everybody has a private airplane, but unless I tell you how we get there, I’ve said nothing. And what is so surprising, is that - all he had left - he can't speak about his record on the economy, and it's not a good one. As we heard, he didn't speak about achievements, the one that's liberals like, ObamaCare, stimulus and etc… they're unpopular.

So, at least he would talk about the future, what he's going to to. There was nothing there. I’m amazed that he was -- it was like this is a guy who is the A student in the class turning in a paper clearly a C, and the teacher says, “How could you do this? Why did you mail it in?” I felt the Biden speech was infinitely better, because it was empathic and carried a message, but the Obama speech, I thought was flat and had no content in it. Otherwise, I loved it, really…

KRAUTHAMMER: Well, it is the heart of the debate with Republicans and Romney. The heart of the debate between left and right, since the French Revolution. The individual or community, and he stands for the community, which he translates as government. So with that abstract, a cleverly sealed argument.

But, that is not what you're talking about in an acceptance speech, when you've been in power for four years. People expect you to say I’m going to do X, Y, and Z, and we didn't hear any of that. So, as a philosophical issue, yes, but without any of that meat on the bone, I think it rings quite hollow.

KRAUTHAMMER: I think it does [affect Independents] and I think it's a negative. If you're an independent and aren't a committed person on the left or right. And you were sort of a pragmatist, and you’re listening and the President offers you numbers out of a hat, he wants a lot of this and that. He’s mentioning again and again with wind and solar and algae, but he didn't use a word, he used biofuel. And you say, I’ve heard this, this is nothing new. This, is what he tried, he talked about. Where is the meat to make me think that I should have hope and faith? That we will achieve anything? That is what I think he's lacking. I think for independents, it will send him somewhat backwards.

Should be interesting to see who in the chattering class lines up where. I mean, other than Matthews. He's already wet himself.

Breitbart live blog including the less than stellar reviews by media.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 02:28:08 AM by trapeze »

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #186 on: September 07, 2012, 01:03:47 AM »
...Should be interesting to see who in the chattering class lines up where. I mean, other than Matthews. He's already wet himself.

Matthews is looking over his shoulder with his ass in the air and an empty tube of lube next to him.

Forgive the visual. Carry on...
 ::exitstageleft::
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

CatholicCrusader

« Reply #187 on: September 07, 2012, 06:05:50 AM »
I kept true to my word:
I did not watch one minute of that freak show convention.

:supercool:

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #188 on: September 07, 2012, 06:45:30 AM »
I kept true to my word:

I'll summarize...... 4 years ago, Obama was gonna lower the ocean and heal the planet. He was gonna cut the deficit in half, create a zillion jobs and bring the country together. We didn't understand how, but who cares, the community organizer said it, in his best jean luc Picard voice....MAKE IT SO! Unfortunately, he has no number 1.

Last nite, he said the job is hard and it's going slow....but he is moving forward. He will create 100,000 of something and 600,000 of something else....and in his best jean luc Picard voice, again he said, MAKE IT SO!!!   But he didn't explain, again, how to make it so, because he is a community organizer, not the leader of a starship.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #189 on: September 07, 2012, 06:57:55 AM »
Is the freak show hate-fest screw-America-first telethon finally over?  Is every other channel no longer filled with libiots grabbing their crotches?
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #190 on: September 07, 2012, 07:04:28 AM »
Perusing the web, it appears the lefties are left uninspired as well, not much in Duh speech to win over moderates & independents...

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/09/07/obama-a-pedestrian-and-overconfident-speech.html

Yeah, that's too bad.

/

Oh, and Dem'sbeing the party of liars, cheaters, theives and such...this is not such a shocking surprise...

“Have you ever thought of making up a fake name? That’s what the other guys do,” she said.

http://politicker.com/2012/09/reporters-using-fake-names-to-buy-obama-swag-at-the-dnc/

Yup, what a shocker!

/

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #191 on: September 07, 2012, 08:48:49 AM »
I kept true to my word:

I think you missed an opportunity. No where else can you see this many grotesque and odd looking people weeping for joy. It is perhaps the only moment in their lives where they are joyful and, that being a new emotion for them, they come off looking all the more bizarre.

There were the very few normal looking people in the crowd and, being surrounded by hysterically crying freaks, you had to wonder why they were there.

And then, the tear stained faces would change abruptly as their object of worship would command them, and they would suddenly be outraged and angry, their eyes rimmed with red like some movie style demons about to rip some poor person apart...frothing at the mouth with indignation and terror.

Utter fools, each and every one of them all gathered together under one roof.

So it was a spectacle. Something that you just don't see everyday.

But I'm glad it's over, too, because it was also a very false environment where the Democrats attempted in vain to recreate the glory days of the last convention. It did not go well and it did not end well.

Personally, I'm pulling for a negative bounce. I'm pulling for yet smaller crowds at O'Bongo campaign rallies. I'm pulling for a horrible BO debate performance. We seemed to be on a path for that sort of ending to this campaign and it will be interesting to see yet more tear stained faces as the myth collapses.

Here is an early obituary...

Julian Castro is no Barack Obama. And for that, Democrats have themselves to blame.

The focus of this week's Democratic convention was President Obama. Lost in the adulation was the diminished state to which he has brought his broader party. Today's Democrats are a shadow of 2008—struggling for re-election, isolated to a handful of states, lacking reform ideas, bereft of a future political bench. It has been a stunning slide.

By 2009, President Obama presided over what could fairly be called a big-tent coalition. The Blue Dog caucus had swelled to 51 members, representing plenty of conservative America. Democrats held the majority of governorships. Mr. Obama had won historic victories in Virginia and North Carolina. The prediction of liberal demographers John Judis and Ruy Teixeira's 2004 book, "The Emerging Democratic Majority"—lasting progressive dominance via a coalition of minorities, women, suburbanites and professionals—attracted greater attention among political analysts.

It took Mr. Obama two years to destroy this potential, with an agenda that forced his party to field vote after debilitating vote—stimulus, ObamaCare, spending, climate change. The public backlash, combined with the president's mismanagement of the economy, has reversed Democrats' electoral gains and left a party smaller than at any time since the mid-1990s.

Of the 21 Blue Dogs elected since 2006, five remain in office. The caucus is on the verge of extinction, as members have retired, been defeated in primaries waged by liberal activists, or face impossible re-elections. The GOP is set to take Senate seats in North Dakota and Nebraska, and maybe to overturn Democratic toeholds in states from Montana to Virginia. There is today a GOP senator in Massachusetts. Republicans claim 29 governorships and may gain two to four more this year.

LINK

And here is the Romney rapid response team with a convenient list of all of the negative BO speech reviews.

I enjoy it when things occasionally go our way in the media, despite the media. I only wish that we had a more conservative standard bearer. He does seem pretty damned competent, on balance, with running a campaign. Of course, so was BO four years back and that didn't end well.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 09:23:24 AM by trapeze »

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #192 on: September 07, 2012, 09:57:23 AM »
I kept true to my word:

You and me both. Thanks Trap for taking the hit for us!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #193 on: September 07, 2012, 11:33:04 AM »
Yeah, good going Trap, that couldn't have been pleasant.

What'd you do for a full mind/body cleanser?

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #194 on: September 07, 2012, 11:37:54 AM »
I kept true to my word:

I think you missed an opportunity. No where else can you see this many grotesque and odd looking people weeping for joy. It is perhaps the only moment in their lives where they are joyful and, that being a new emotion for them, they come off looking all the more bizarre.

There were the very few normal looking people in the crowd and, being surrounded by hysterically crying freaks, you had to wonder why they were there.

And then, the tear stained faces would change abruptly as their object of worship would command them, and they would suddenly be outraged and angry, their eyes rimmed with red like some movie style demons about to rip some poor person apart...frothing at the mouth with indignation and terror.

Utter fools, each and every one of them all gathered together under one roof.

So it was a spectacle. Something that you just don't see everyday.

But I'm glad it's over, too, because it was also a very false environment where the Democrats attempted in vain to recreate the glory days of the last convention. It did not go well and it did not end well.

Personally, I'm pulling for a negative bounce. I'm pulling for yet smaller crowds at O'Bongo campaign rallies. I'm pulling for a horrible BO debate performance. We seemed to be on a path for that sort of ending to this campaign and it will be interesting to see yet more tear stained faces as the myth collapses.

Here is an early obituary...

Julian Castro is no Barack Obama. And for that, Democrats have themselves to blame.

The focus of this week's Democratic convention was President Obama. Lost in the adulation was the diminished state to which he has brought his broader party. Today's Democrats are a shadow of 2008—struggling for re-election, isolated to a handful of states, lacking reform ideas, bereft of a future political bench. It has been a stunning slide.

By 2009, President Obama presided over what could fairly be called a big-tent coalition. The Blue Dog caucus had swelled to 51 members, representing plenty of conservative America. Democrats held the majority of governorships. Mr. Obama had won historic victories in Virginia and North Carolina. The prediction of liberal demographers John Judis and Ruy Teixeira's 2004 book, "The Emerging Democratic Majority"—lasting progressive dominance via a coalition of minorities, women, suburbanites and professionals—attracted greater attention among political analysts.

It took Mr. Obama two years to destroy this potential, with an agenda that forced his party to field vote after debilitating vote—stimulus, ObamaCare, spending, climate change. The public backlash, combined with the president's mismanagement of the economy, has reversed Democrats' electoral gains and left a party smaller than at any time since the mid-1990s.

Of the 21 Blue Dogs elected since 2006, five remain in office. The caucus is on the verge of extinction, as members have retired, been defeated in primaries waged by liberal activists, or face impossible re-elections. The GOP is set to take Senate seats in North Dakota and Nebraska, and maybe to overturn Democratic toeholds in states from Montana to Virginia. There is today a GOP senator in Massachusetts. Republicans claim 29 governorships and may gain two to four more this year.

LINK

And here is the Romney rapid response team with a convenient list of all of the negative BO speech reviews.

I enjoy it when things occasionally go our way in the media, despite the media. I only wish that we had a more conservative standard bearer. He does seem pretty damned competent, on balance, with running a campaign. Of course, so was BO four years back and that didn't end well.

They were expecting a god......and only found a man.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #195 on: September 07, 2012, 11:53:00 AM »
"They were expecting a god......and only found a sorry excuse for a man.

FIFY!

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #196 on: September 07, 2012, 04:40:28 PM »
I kept true to my word:

I'll summarize...... 4 years ago, Obama was gonna lower the ocean and heal the planet. He was gonna cut the deficit in half, create a zillion jobs and bring the country together. We didn't understand how, but who cares, the community organizer said it, in his best jean luc Picard voice....MAKE IT SO! Unfortunately, he has no number 1.

Last nite, he said the job is hard and it's going slow....but he is moving forward. He will create 100,000 of something and 600,000 of something else....and in his best jean luc Picard voice, again he said, MAKE IT SO!!!   But he didn't explain, again, how to make it so, because he is a community organizer, not the leader of a starship.

Yep, that about covers it.  Only last night he made it painfully BORING.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

charlesoakwood

« Reply #197 on: September 07, 2012, 08:01:34 PM »

L.V., I like it.

Starship America is Enterprise and the commander must know how it works.

Forward to November 5 and then to January 21.

CatholicCrusader

« Reply #198 on: September 08, 2012, 10:15:26 AM »

Did anybody notice that when the Democrats booed God, they did it three times? They denied Christ three times:

Dems Deny Christ 3 Times - Before Barack Crowed

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #199 on: September 08, 2012, 10:44:03 AM »
I did indeed notice CC. The symbolism is striking, to say the very least.

I've heard a few media heads like Hannity sheepishly referring to hearing a cock crow. But they do it with a passive and dismissive humor, and ignore the spiritual warfare aspect. That correlation is not whimsical. In my opinion, It's serious stuff.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson