Author Topic: Elizabeth Taylor  (Read 4553 times)

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
Elizabeth Taylor
« on: March 23, 2011, 08:09:07 AM »
Hollywood Icon Elizabeth Taylor dead at 79.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Re: Elizabeth Taylor
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 08:15:57 AM »
RIP.

I was never a big Liz Taylor fan, myself. I thought she was an average talent and never really understood the hype that surrounded her.

Nevertheless, another pop icon from my youth bites the dust.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 08:17:20 AM »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 08:19:48 AM »
As a pre-pubescent lad, I had the hots a little for her in National Velvet.
My parents wouldn't let me see Cleopatra in the theater because it may have been a little too risque

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 08:34:13 AM »
I never really had any affinity for her as a celebrity. Most of her work was before my time, and what I have seen didn't impress me. My main impression of her is the bizarre, seemingly inexplicable relationship she had with Michael Jackson. And of course, the carnage of failed marriages she left in her wake.

Part of the overall problem if you ask me. But rest in peace nonetheless. No enmity from here.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 08:35:09 AM »
Back in the mid-60s you couldn't open a newspaper or magazine without reading about "Diz and Lick" ... I mean "Liz and Dick" .

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2011, 08:39:02 AM »
Back in the mid-60s you couldn't open a newspaper or magazine without reading about "Diz and Lick" ... I mean "Liz and Dick" .

I couldn't read in the mid-60's.
 ::exitstageleft::
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2011, 08:49:03 AM »

Dick n Liz?

::hysterical::

As far as reading goes in the 60's for me, Dr Suess and then into Mad & Cracked!

;D
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2011, 11:24:22 AM »
Supposedly, unpublished photos of Liz Taylor.

http://www.life.com/gallery/52391/elizabeth-taylor-unpublished-pics#index/15

Drudge via Gateway Pundit

I'd forgotten about her close friendship with Monty Clift although I remember hearing about a similar one with Rock Hudson.  Add Michael Jackson and you've got what is called "a fag-hag".
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2011, 11:29:47 AM »
RIP.

I was never a big Liz Taylor fan, myself. I thought she was an average talent and never really understood the hype that surrounded her.

Nevertheless, another pop icon from my youth bites the dust.

What Trap sez...(with a RIP included)

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2011, 01:26:21 PM »

I'd forgotten about her close friendship with Monty Clift

Brother-in-law of that hatchet faced bitch Eleanor Clift ...

charlesoakwood

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2011, 02:30:14 PM »

Yes, in her prime, one movie would move a prepubescent straight into adolescence.
She was  a survivor who lived through several incarnations, the first being several stages and ages of hot.   After Richard, she morphed into, ex-star still celebrity, and, what was known in my world as, fag hag.

RIP, Elizabeth

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2011, 03:20:03 PM »
...She was  a survivor who lived through several incarnations, the first being several stages and ages of hot....

That is sheer poetry Charles. Brings a *sniff* tear to my eye!
 ::rolllaughing:: ::cool:: ::beertoast::
She definitely was a hot-tay back in the day.

ETA: I must live under a freakin' rock. I've never heard the term "fag-hag" until today, and I've heard it about a dozen times so far today in reference to Taylor.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 03:22:21 PM by IronDioPriest »

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2011, 04:18:36 PM »
...She was  a survivor who lived through several incarnations, the first being several stages and ages of hot....

That is sheer poetry Charles. Brings a *sniff* tear to my eye!
 ::rolllaughing:: ::cool:: ::beertoast::
She definitely was a hot-tay back in the day.

ETA: I must live under a freakin' rock. I've never heard the term "fag-hag" until today, and I've heard it about a dozen times so far today in reference to Taylor.

It's sort of unkind, which is why I was a bit hesitant to use it, but it's nevertheless very descriptive for the type of woman who is extremely cozy with, and thus a magnet for, homosexuals.

She was quite beautiful, and I hope the Angels sing her to her rest.

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2011, 11:10:30 PM »
  I thought she had the prettiest eyes ever. The rest of her wasn't too shabby either. RIP.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2011, 09:00:38 AM »
I suppose if I were born in 1930, and saw something like Little Women when the hormones were raging...

But I wasn't, and I didn't.

RIP

charlesoakwood

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2011, 09:28:33 AM »

The Last Movie Star

Paglia on Taylor:"A luscious, opulent, ripe fruit!"
Camille Paglia considers the "volcanic" Elizabeth Taylor -- and all the unworthy starlets who could never match up

"She wields the sexual power that feminism cannot explain and has tried to destroy. Through stars like Taylor, we sense the world-disordering impact of legendary women like Delilah, Salome, and Helen of Troy. Feminism has tried to dismiss the femme fatale as a misogynist libel, a hoary cliche. But the femme fatale expresses women's ancient and eternal control of the sexual realm."

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2011, 11:00:31 AM »
A Voluptuous Flake .

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2011, 10:27:47 AM »
Liz the departed,
seen on the screen,
never come clean,