Author Topic: I must have been living under a rock...  (Read 1800 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
I must have been living under a rock...
« on: October 04, 2011, 08:56:42 PM »
...address on this company is Brainerd, MN...and they appear to make decent and affordable rifles...

http://www.huldraarms.com/

Might have to check them out.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

Re: I must have been living under a rock...
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 09:21:24 PM »

Looking good.

How is that law allowing home state purchases coming along?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 09:44:36 PM »
I think that is HF161, rotting away...that and another bill back in April to institute the Castle Doctrine...I don't recall if the Governor had his allies help stall it in the House or Senate...but even if passed he'd nuke both, since he is a card-carrying gun-grabbing leftist putz!

But the Castle Doctrine applies in my castle, I'll tell you that!  Like to see a jury find different, so nobody test me!

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011, 09:51:39 PM »
Wow, that piston system is cool.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 02:31:09 AM »

But the Castle Doctrine applies in my castle, I'll tell you that!  Like to see a jury find different, so nobody test me!

Reminds me of Gordon Liddy when he says ; " As a convicted felon I am not permitted to purchase or own firearms ... But I can assure you that Mrs. Liddy owns quite a few ! "  ;D

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 06:39:10 AM »

But the Castle Doctrine applies in my castle, I'll tell you that!  Like to see a jury find different, so nobody test me!

Reminds me of Gordon Liddy when he says ; " As a convicted felon I am not permitted to purchase or own firearms ... But I can assure you that Mrs. Liddy owns quite a few ! "  ;D

Heh!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2011, 06:44:40 AM »
Wow, that piston system is cool.

From the FAQ section of their site -

3. Who manufactures this rifle for Huldra Arms?

The Huldra Mark IV series of rifles is manufactured for us by Adams Arms, and the centerpiece of our rifle is Adams Arms proprietary piston system. Huldra Arms spent countless months researching the future of the American battle rifle and came to the conclusion that Direct Impingement (DI) is a thing of the past. Of all the manufactures building piston rifles or systems, Adams stood out as having by far the best solution to the DI problem, as well as an extremely high quality manufacturing and assembly processes. We are sure you will be pleased with your Huldra rifle.

Adams is out of Palm Harbor, FL.

Link -

http://adamsarms.net/

Looks good to me.

Next, see if I can track down some performance testing info on these Hulda's!

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2011, 06:52:45 AM »
I'd like to feel how that redirection of gas changes the recoil of the weapon. It must have some noticeable effect.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2011, 10:13:35 AM »
I'd like to feel how that redirection of gas changes the recoil of the weapon. It must have some noticeable effect.

That's what I was thinking. Kind of like a muzzle brake.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2011, 10:07:54 PM »
...address on this company is Brainerd, MN...and they appear to make decent and affordable rifles...

http://www.huldraarms.com/

Might have to check them out.

Here's one I am thinking of buying, comes with a supressor, also real light weight.

Gunblast.com - American Tactical Imports GSG-5 .22 Carbine

charlesoakwood

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2011, 12:35:45 AM »

You Too Can Have a Pink AR [or Mark IV] with Hearts on the Mags
Posted by Ann Barnhardt - October 7, AD 2011 10:59 AM MST
I'm viral again as the musloid death threat response is being spread exponentially via email. I'm at about 30 fan emails per hour. Thanks to one and all. Naturally, I cannot reply to all of them personally, but I do read everything that is sent to me, and do appreciate every assurance of prayer and general good wishes.

No, I will not be running for President. I am disqualified and do not possess the temperament to ever be involved in politics in any capacity, from POTUS down to dogcatcher. If I got within earshot of 99% of the scumbags in Washington, I would lay into them with such vehemence (word from yesterday, remember?) that it would tear a hole in the fabric of spacetime.

I want to be the first man off the first Higgins Boat storming the beach at Normandy. THAT has honor. THAT accomplishes something.

A significant percentage of the emails I receive inquire about the pink AR. You too can have a pink AR, or ANY model firearm. In fact, you can have any color in any design you choose. John Deere? College colors? Purple camo? Absolutely. Whatever you want.

Here is my duracoat guy in Wisconsin. You ship to him, he does whatever you want, and then he ships back. He is an artist. Make him rich.

Jim's Gun Supply

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2012, 03:01:03 PM »

That's what I was thinking. Kind of like a muzzle brake.

I did some more digging around on this, ran across a team shooter that tests these for Huldra, said the recoil wasn't all that noticeably higher than DI systems, and that as a result of their redirection the system is a lot cleaner.  That line about "DI being a thing of the past" really got longtime DI users knickers in a twist on all the forums.  But the comment is more than just marketing hubris as the Pentagon is looking for next gen systems.  The DI guys take great offense that there is something wrong with DI and that Huldra is searching for a solution to a non-existent problem.  Anyway, I think the argument is distracting from the fact that the company does have a good product and the tests thusfar have not exposed any failures after some 3k rounds of Russian surplus 5.45 run through it.

I have to get something, hopefully by the end of the year and so far this is looking like a good product at a fair price.  They have been selling through Fleet Farm exclusively and have started direct online sales as well.

http://www.huldraarms.com/rifles/product_6591f4d1de43/

One review -

http://www.tactical-life.com/online/guns-and-weapons/huldra-mark-iv-556-carbine/

Last vid I could find, ran into some FF/FF issues after 4600 rounds through an uncleaned rifle, perhaps some here who are more familiar with the issues surrounding surplus Russian ammo and ARs can educate us, but I would think if one kept any weapon clean and used better ammo such instances should be even more minimized, right?

5.45 Carbine - Victory Declared