Author Topic: This guy sure has a pair  (Read 1319 times)

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
This guy sure has a pair
« on: October 08, 2012, 06:37:16 PM »
Er, make that had a pair

The prop sustained the injury one minute into the second half, but managed to play the rest of the match before seeking treatment.

??? :o ::speechless::

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
Re: This guy sure has a pair
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 07:05:49 PM »
Sp Paul lost a little wood during the match. ( sorry, couldn't help myself)
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 07:31:00 PM »
Er, make that had a pair

The prop sustained the injury one minute into the second half, but managed to play the rest of the match before seeking treatment.

??? :o ::speechless::

Err, yah; operative word "HAD".
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 07:38:10 PM »
My boys played rugby for one season. I'm really, really glad they quit. It's an insane sport, and they disallow nut-cups as a departure from standard equipment. The only protective gear they allow is a "scrum cap", which is nothing more than a thin foam pad - that makes you look like a complete fool - so none of the kids wanted to wear them.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 07:42:07 PM »
My boys played rugby for one season. I'm really, really glad they quit. It's an insane sport, and they disallow nut-cups as a departure from standard equipment. The only protective gear they allow is a "scrum cap", which is nothing more than a thin foam pad - that makes you look like a complete fool - so none of the kids wanted to wear them.

That's ridiculous!  They don't allow protection?!  What the hell, it's the building of "brave manhood" in refusing to allow that piece of gear?!   ::gaah::
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2012, 07:54:20 PM »

That's ridiculous!  They don't allow protection?!  What the hell, it's the building of "brave manhood" in refusing to allow that piece of gear?!   ::gaah::

Rugby is a subculture that places a lot of emphasis on not being a sissy. Apparently risking your progeny is part of not being a sissy. The guys who play it at a high level are tough, for sure. But to take the manly thing to the level they do is just ridiculous, especially for high schoolers who've never played before.

My boy's coach had little-man syndrome. Short stocky little man in a safari hat with a chip on his shoulder. He was such a complete asshole - but apparently he backs it up on the rugby field. Even though I'd guess he's about 35 or 40, he still plays in an international amateur league that has its championship in Great Britain every year - or so he claims.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2012, 08:13:39 PM »
Well, that's just nuts...er..nut.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.