Author Topic: Memos show US hushed up Soviet crime in 1943  (Read 1580 times)

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Memos show US hushed up Soviet crime in 1943
« on: September 10, 2012, 04:25:00 PM »
WARSAW, Poland (AP) — The American POWs sent secret coded messages to Washington with news of a Soviet atrocity: In 1943 they saw rows of corpses in an advanced state of decay in the Katyn forest, on the western edge of Russia, proof that the killers could not have been the Nazis who had only recently occupied the area.

The testimony about the infamous massacre of Polish officers might have lessened the tragic fate that befell Poland under the Soviets, some scholars believe. Instead, it mysteriously vanished into the heart of American power. The long-held suspicion is that President Franklin Delano Roosevelt didn't want to anger Josef Stalin, an ally whom the Americans were counting on to defeat Germany and Japan during World War II.

<snip>

The Soviet secret police killed the 22,000 Poles with shots to the back of the head. Their aim was to eliminate a military and intellectual elite that would have put up stiff resistance to Soviet control. The men were among Poland's most accomplished — officers and reserve officers who in their civilian lives worked as doctors, lawyers, teachers, or as other professionals. Their loss has proven an enduring wound to the Polish nation.

Memos show US hushed up Soviet crime in 1943

I couldn't help but think of liberals who think they're above being targeted because they're special.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: Memos show US hushed up Soviet crime in 1943
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 04:38:27 PM »
I also can't help but think how liberals would love to do this to us. It's an inevitable ingredient to their ideology. Every place subjected to the Leftists tentacles has had some form of it perpetrated. They will try it here. Already they are more emboldened than they have been at any point in my own lifetime.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 04:41:53 PM »
And they still don't see that it is us, industrious and hard working people, that they need to rape so they can share the wealth.  Without us where do they get the wealth to share??
Eschew Obfuscation

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 04:43:11 PM »
Slave labor?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 04:44:22 PM »
Slave labor?

Acording to biden, the conservatives "want to put you back in chains".
Eschew Obfuscation

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 04:48:31 PM »
Slave labor?

Acording to biden, the conservatives "want to put you back in chains".

Yep.  One can always tell what they want, or are up to, by what accusation is projected onto us; The Great Tell.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012, 05:15:14 PM »
Leftism cannot tolerate opposition. It will always resort to killing dozens, hundreds, thousands, tens-of-thousands, hundreds-of-thousands, millions, tens-of-millions, or more, if it possesses the power to do so, and believes it necessary to advance the cause of Leftism.

Humanity can never afford to forget this fact if humanity hopes to avoid repeat history. Understanding lessons from the last century are vital to the survival of Western civilization.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2012, 05:16:25 PM »
Leftism cannot tolerate opposition. It will always resort to killing dozens, hundreds, thousands, tens-of-thousands, hundreds-of-thousands, millions, tens-of-millions, or more, if it possesses the power to do so, and believes it necessary to advance the cause of Leftism.

Humanity can never afford to forget this fact if humanity hopes to avoid repeat history. Understanding lessons from the last century are vital to the survival of Western civilization.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Iz3VjoHXLA

Especially starting at the 5:00 mark.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2012, 07:59:35 PM »
That dude isn't wrong.  Of course the mush-headed idiots dominating the electorate here will pooh pooh this as hysterics and proclaim it cannot happen here right up to the point where they declare martial law and are hauling people off to reeducation camps or just shooting them!

I've just about given up on the vast majority of Americans waking the hell up.  It seems the momentum towards destruction is unstopple, primarily because too many people don't want to think about unpleasantthings like this.

BUt then again they probably don't have a fricken clue who Edmund Burke is let alone his admonition regarding the triumph of evil!

::gaah::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.