Author Topic: Biden to seek impeachment for going to war without congressional approval  (Read 1588 times)

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Oh yes he will....

"I want to make it clear. And I made it clear to the President that if he takes this nation to war... without Congressional approval. I will make it my business to impeach him. That's a fact. That is a fact."
Sen. Joe Biden: Iran & Impeachment
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Most people by now know that the man is an ass. When did we invade Iran?I think we would have heard something by now.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Heh.  Thanks for posting this, I saw it but the link wasn't working for me.

I found this posting about it from 2007 at a lefty blog -

"If he takes the country to war in [Iran] without a vote of Congress, which will not exist, then he should be impeached."-Senator Joe Biden
http://warisacrime.org/node/28765

::whoohoo::

Get to it Joe!  You are in nominal control of the Senate, enjoy them proceedings!

::hysterical::

And, lest we forget, the Lord High Obama is also in gross conflict with himself!  Since he is a self-described/MFM-described constitutional scholar, we should take him art his word, eh?!

"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation."

http://www.boston.com/news/politics/2008/specials/CandidateQA/ObamaQA/

Oops!

::hysterical::

Let the fun begin!

::stirpot::

::popcorn::

::whoohoo::

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
Obama has single-handedly given the masturbation hand-gesture to the anti-war left. (<pun intended) He's basically telling them "I used you, but I'm done with you now, and you'll vote for me again because it was never about war, it was about Leftism."
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
Ah, constitutional scholar Sheriff Joe, go get 'em asshat. ::exitstageleft::

Sorry Congress, you're irrelevant, you abdicated responsibility and authority, to a man who was a usurper and now youre reaping all those benefits much clike King James and Parliament.....good luck! ::thumbsup::

On the other hand if Joe "Bite me" Biden truly gave a rat's sh*t about anything other than his title well then, Obamakov would be in deep doo-doo. ::whoohoo::

We can all thank the courts for this fiasco regarding Obama and his lack of eligibility, they allowed it to happen and it may be the last thing they do or didn't do in this case in regards to their sworn duty to uphold the constitution. All this because the courts were looking for approval from the remainder of the planet about a half breed becoming president or were fearful of consequence if they judged him ineligible. ::facepalm::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline fingerroll

• Likes the place
I love it when their own quotes come back to bite them in the a$$!  beautiful.

We all abdicated that authority when we allowed Truman to send troops to Korea without a declaration of war (police Action) under the UN flag and then  allowed LBJ to fight via the "gulf of Tonkin Resolution".   At least they consulted congress and none of them condemned the preceding prez by lying and then turned around and did the same thing.  At least Bush II consulted Congress and the UN for about a year before he sent troops to Iraq. 

We are getting just what those who were dumb enough to vote for him gave us; a man with no principles, no philisophical foundation, no experience running or administering a single thing, and no idea or clue, other than how to read the teleprompter, about how to be a chief executive. 

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Good post fingerroll, glad to have you here!

Stay tuned...I'm guessing this could become more interesting as time goes on and events in the Libyan intervention continue to circle the drain!

::popcorn::

If only our macabre entertainment came at less cost to the nation!

::gaah::

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
I love it when their own quotes come back to bite them in the a$$!...

Then you must be love-drunk 24/7!!!

Welcome to the forum fingerroll!

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
I believe the operative expression is, "Words....just words."  ::angry::

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
Joe Biden's sheer intellect and exhaustive experience on the Senate Judiciary Committee is the single seminal event that kept George W. Bush from invading Iran.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Joe Biden's sheer intellect and exhaustive experience on the Senate Judiciary Committee is the single seminal event that kept George W. Bush from invading Iran.

Foe sure "nobody messes with Joe"  ::puke::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
Joe Biden: "I want to make it clear"

hussain obama " Let me be perfectly clear"......... Two of thier favs to lay on the American public. obama has used this term on numerous occasions. I believe this phrase has burned into his telepromptor.

It's like the clinton finger point.....when he did it, you knew he was lying. ::hysterical::

obama "let me be perfectly clear".......I maybe, possibly, kinda sorta want to take kaddafi out. ::hysterical::

You can't make this stuff up. ::rolllaughing::
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
Yeah, it's Alex Jones, but so what? This is war.

You Tube Admits To Censoring View Count On Biden Impeachment Video
By both Biden’s and Obama’s own admissions, they should be removed from office

Youtube has admitted to freezing the viewcount on a viral video of Vice President Joe Biden that highlights the hypocrisy of the Obama administration as it engages in military aggression against Libya.

<snip>

The video was posted at the top of The Drudge Report earlier today, a website that conservatively receives 36 million visits per day, making it the most highly ranked news website on the web.

<snip>

While such activity would normally send the video to the top of searches and to the front pages of Youtube.com, where many millions more would see it, the viewcount on the video is stuck firmly at just 301 views. Suspecting foul play, CNS News contacted Youtube to seek an explanation and received the following reply:[blockquote]“YouTube employs proprietary technology to prevent the artificial inflation of a video’s viewcount by spam bots, malware and other means,” said the statement. “We validate views to ensure the accuracy of the viewcount of all videos beginning with the first view. This validation process becomes publicly visible when the viewcount reaches 300.”

“At this point, the viewcount may slow or temporarily freeze until we have time to verify that all further views are legitimate,” said the statement. “Rest assured that the views system is working as intended, and that the viewcount will update as soon as the system has verified the legitimacy of the views.”[/blockquote]Or as soon as the link on Drudge is removed and people stop clicking through to the video perhaps?

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
It's not at all surprising that u-toob would fudge the numbers when it has to potential of embarrassing a fellow bottom-feeder. They even froze the view counter on my daughter's video....the wankers..

It ain't working though - folks are still watching it.

(I sure do wish someone would market a good high-performance alternative to u-toob!)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Good idea...

A "LibertyTube" would be nice!

::thumbsup::