Author Topic: U.S. Embassies under attack -- UPDATES  (Read 63260 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
U.S. Embassies under attack -- UPDATES
« on: September 11, 2012, 05:06:44 PM »
U.S. embassy in Cairo apologizes for “abuse of free speech” after protesters tear down American flag.

A show of strength from Salafists on 9/11 to remind Americans who’s winning these days in the Middle East. The newsworthy part isn’t the protest — we already know what a mob can do to an embassy in Cairo — but the reaction from the embassy. When this tweet started circulating a few hours ago, I thought it might be a parody account. Afraid not. The official statement from the embassy website:

The Embassy of the United States in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims – as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions. Today, the 11th anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States, Americans are honoring our patriots and those who serve our nation as the fitting response to the enemies of democracy. Respect for religious beliefs is a cornerstone of American democracy. We firmly reject the actions by those who abuse the universal right of free speech to hurt the religious beliefs of others.

The money word there, of course, is “abuse.” If speech is illegitimate because it offends religious sensibilities, then we’re on the doorstep of yelling “blasphemy.” In practical effect, that’s what the embassy is pushing: There’s not a syllable wasted here on condemning the cretins who climbed the embassy walls and tore down the flag — on 9/11. The denunciation is reserved for the blasphemers, who in this case turn out to be Egyptian expats who made an amateur film about Mohammed that’s presumably being used by Islamist demagogues over there to whip up the crowd.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 02:05:09 PM by Pandora »
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
Another consulate attacked in Libya .... confirmation awaited
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 05:15:02 PM »
UPDATED: Mob sets fire to US consulate in Benghazi

An armed mob protesting over a film they said offended Islam, attacked the US consulate in the Libyan city of Benghazi on Tuesday and set fire to the building, witnesses reported.

The attack happened on the same day as a similar group of hardliners waving black banners attacked the US embassy in Cairo and tore down the US flag, but it was not immediately clear if the two incidents were coordinated.

The protests came on the eleventh anniversary of the attacks of September 11, 2001, when US cities were targeted by hijacked planes.

"Demonstrators attacked the US consulate in Benghazi. They fired shots in the air before entering the building," Libya's deputy interior minister, Wanis al-Sharif Sharif, who is in charge of the country's eastern region, told AFP.

"Dozens of demonstrators attacked the consulate and set fire to it," said a Benghazi resident, who only gave his name as Omar, adding that he had seen the flames and heard shots in the vicinity.

Contacted by AFP, a US State Department official in Washington said US officials were still seeking information about the situation in Benghazi.

Asked whether the attack in Libya and the earlier demonstration against the US mission in Egypt could be connected, the official said it was unclear yet if the protests had been coordinated.

Another Libyan witness said armed men had closed the streets leading up to the consulate, among them ultra-conservative Salafists.

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline robins111

Re: U.S. embassy in Cairo apologizes for “abuse of free speech” ...
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 07:02:16 PM »
It ain't gonna stay over there.. grease up your m1a1...

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 10:03:38 PM »
Let me see...

A few days after the Democrat National Convention

a) removes "God" from its platform and then,

b) verbally and aggressively vote against putting "God" back in the platform not once but three times plus,

c) gives recognition of Jerusalem as the capital of Israel the same treatment and then,

d) removes "rare" from the party platform position on abortion and just to rub it in they,

e) make abortion the central feature of their convention plus,

f) homosexuality, "gay marriage" and other forms of "I'm okay, you're okay," deviant behavior.

All this from a party which has pretty much advocated for abortion for the last 45 years or so and is de facto responsible for 3+ million innocent deaths per year since Roe.

Me? I'm guessing that God is less than pleased with the Democrat party.

Of course, I also think that God is less than pleased with the United States for more or less the same abortion thing. I mean, even though a lot of us have stood against it, as a country we have allowed it to happen.

You see, in my opinion, we are in God's face with this murder of innocents and sanctioning deviant behavior and stuff. We, on the one hand, pretending to be a God-centered country...God is on our money, founding documents, oaths for office, stuff like that...and yet we do the darnedest things. Things that are offensive to God.

I think that God gave us the president that we, as a country, deserved. I think that God's patience had run out on us...that he gave us a King Saul and we are now suffering accordingly. This is kind of a dark line of thought. Because, if I'm right about this then it is unlikely, by biblical standards, that this suffering is even close to being over. By biblical standards God has always waited for His followers to repent before rescuing them from the mess of their own making and last time I checked we are quite a long ways off from step 1 on the twelve step plan thingy. We haven't hit bottom yet.

So, if our country turns away from the SCOAMF it does not necessarily mean that we are on the rebound. It could just be a temporary reprieve from the long road down. Too many of our citizens are morally bankrupt. Too much of our society is really screwed up and too few don't seem to know or care. Is it merely coincidence that today's attacks on our country (via our embassies) happened on the anniversary of the 9/11 attacks? You would think that the 9/11 attack was enough of a wake up call for our country. It was for about a week. And then everything went back to the way it was before.

Only it didn't. We instead kept on spiraling further down into the sewer. We elected a guy who actually advocated for the killing of live human babies who had inexplicably and against all odds survived the best efforts of an abortionist to execute them. We have (as a society) become more and more tolerant of deviant behavior to include debasing the God given institution of marriage. I'm wondering what else we can do to further insult and get in God's face.

Now I know that there are many people that don't think this way. But a lot of us who believe in God do. We take this kind of stuff seriously. We don't use God's name in vain because we actually believe in and respect (fear) God.  So when we see our country going the wrong way, a country that pretends to believe in God, we kind of have a bad feeling about where we are and where we are going.

But...it's the Democrat party which is openly, verbally, proudly and forcefully advocating for abortion, against Israel, for deviant behavior, etc. and I have to wonder if God is demonstrating his extreme displeasure with the Democrat party's standard bearer and his feckless government. Perhaps God is giving us (as a country) one more sign that this direction (the whole embracing immorality thing) is the wrong direction. Perhaps BO is going to lose and lose big as a sign. I hope so. And I further hope that a very unmistakeable repudiation of this direction is enough to turn our country around. But I doubt it. I hope so. But I doubt it.

Well, that's one big rambling rant about a situation that I find intellectually and spiritually inexplicable: that our country would suffer two invasions of our sovereignty in one day and react in about as worthless and weak way as possible...that it would occur on the anniversary of the worst attack on our country in modern history.

I really would like to be proud of our country again. I haven't felt this bad about our country since Carter. But this is worse. Everything about our situation (as a country) is pretty crappy right now. It makes me feel bad. And I don't like feeling bad about our country. We are better than this.

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2012, 10:32:59 PM »

http://dailycaller.com/2012/09/11/krauthammer-rips-us-embassy-in-egypt-says-appropriate-statement-to-mob-would-be-go-to-hell-video/

“That statement is an embarrassment. That is a hostage statement. That’s a mob of al-Qaeda sympathizers in Egypt, forcing the United States make a statement essentially of apology, on 9/11 of all days, for something we’re not responsible. I would issue a statement saying to the mob, ‘go to hell.’

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2012, 10:34:29 PM »
They killed an American staffer at our consulate in Libya.

THIS IS NOT A GAME, Y'ALL.

Jesus Christ!!!!

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2012, 10:38:59 PM »
Please remember that this is the president who has to ask his speech writer what he thinks about us getting involved in the Libyan uprising.

No, it's not a game.

But we aren't in much of a position to do anything.

We are feckless. And that's what the feckless do.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2012, 11:03:56 PM »

I’m outraged by the attacks on American diplomatic missions in Libya and Egypt and by the death of an American consulate worker in Benghazi. It’s disgraceful that the Obama Administration’s first response was not to condemn attacks on our diplomatic missions, but to sympathize with those who waged the attacks.
                                                                           _ _ Mitt Romney

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2012, 11:22:13 PM »

I’m outraged by the attacks on American diplomatic missions in Libya and Egypt and by the death of an American consulate worker in Benghazi. It’s disgraceful that the Obama Administration’s first response was not to condemn attacks on our diplomatic missions, but to sympathize with those who waged the attacks.
                                                                           _ _ Mitt Romney

I would call that a good start. He needs to build on it. Big time.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2012, 11:35:32 PM »

_ _ Mitt Romney

Thank you Mr. President

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2012, 11:37:09 PM »
The BO admin just threw their own embassy in Egypt under the bus.

Not even 24 hours.

And, of course, the embassy didn't come up with that stuff on their own. They were told what to say. By the admin. And now they are toast.

Sure sucks to work for BO.

The Obama administration is disavowing a statement from its own Cairo embassy that seemed to apologize for anti-Muslim activity in the United States.

"The statement by Embassy Cairo was not cleared by Washington and does not reflect the views of the United States government," an administration official told POLITICO.

Cowards.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2012, 02:05:57 AM »
Oh WTFever. That crap came directly from the Department of State, i.e. Shrillary and her hatchet-face Muslim Sisterhood adviser. This feeble, weak, and obsequious behavior will only provoke more. The Musloids view such behavior as basically that of an afflicted culture crying out for "help", i.e. wanting to be taken out of its misery.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2012, 04:18:29 AM »
Reagan would have been slapping the Egyptian Amassador like a red-headed stepchild in the Oval Office ... AFTER ordering the Embassy Marines to knock those muslim monkeys off that wall .

CatholicCrusader

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2012, 04:33:48 AM »
..........as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions....

Does anyone remember any Democrat condemning putting a crucifix in a jar of urine, or dung on a picture of the Blessed Virgin?

Aren't these the same people who booed God at their convention?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2012, 07:27:03 AM »
Reagan would have been slapping the Egyptian Amassador like a red-headed stepchild in the Oval Office ... AFTER ordering the Embassy Marines to knock those muslim monkeys off that wall .

Damn straight!  But these are the monkeys the SCoaMF SUPPORTED in both Egypt and Lybia!  This is the same SCoaMF who wants to give $2b in aid and subs to Egypt and waste about as much in Lybia!

And as far as this movie goes, the fvcking liberals here better understand right damned now that if they depict Christians in anything but a positive light we reserve the right and duty to slaughter them.  What's good for the goose should also be good for the gander, got that sumbiches?!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/election-2012/wp/2012/09/12/romney-calls-obama-response-to-libya-attacks-disgraceful/

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/us-ambassador-libya-three-others-killed#comment-2784832

PS-Romney needs to alternate between scalding criticism and mockery when it comes to the psycho in the White House!

« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 07:50:02 AM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2012, 08:47:13 AM »
I don't know if anyone has posted this already but Drudge has headlined that the Libya body count is up to three including the ambassador.

LINK

So...invade our territory, burn it, kill our people including the person who represents our president. I'm wondering what the SmartPower response will be.

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2012, 09:20:47 AM »
I don't know if anyone has posted this already but Drudge has headlined that the Libya body count is up to three including the ambassador.

LINK

So...invade our territory, burn it, kill our people including the person who represents our president. I'm wondering what the SmartPower response will be.

Gateway Pundit showing picture of Muzzies dragging dead Ambasador through streets.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2012, 09:23:24 AM »
Ambassador assassinated by Libyan Security Team. CBS reporting.
H/T Hot Air
http://hotair.com/archives/2012/09/12/cbs-libyan-security-team-fingered-us-ambassador-to-be-killed/
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2012, 09:29:17 AM »
According to what I have read:

1) We had no Marines on site. The two that were killed came from some other unspecified location.

2) The ambassador and at least one other person were moved from the consulate to some other building.

3) After they were moved the Libyan security forces told the mob where they were.

4) The ambassador was strangled to death and then his body was paraded around for pictures.

SmartPower!