Author Topic: U.S. Embassies under attack -- UPDATES  (Read 63224 times)

charlesoakwood

Re: U.S. embassy in Cairo apologizes for “abuse of free speech” ...
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2012, 09:22:39 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Cole_bombing  The USS Cole bombing was a suicide attack against the United States Navy destroyer USS Cole on October 12, 2000,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_2000  United States presidential election, November 7, 2000.

Sep 11, 2012 · CAIRO, Sept 11 (Reuters) - Egyptian protesters scaled the walls of the U.S. embassy in Cairo on Tuesday and pulled down the American flag …

State Department officer killed in attack on US Consulate in Libya, following Egyptian protest at US embassy
FOX News1 day ago

Sep 11, 2012 · State Department officer killed in attack on US Consulate in Libya, following Egyptian protest at US embassy

Attacks carried out just before a presidential election? ...............Check
Attacks carried out when nation is distracted by democrat idiot? .Check
Attacks carried out when nation is in transition? ........................Check
Was there a follow up on actions after election in 2000? ....No
Will there be a follow up after this election? .....................No

We should send them a harshly worded letter...written on the nose of
some cruise missiles.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2012, 09:29:06 PM »
"Obama Releases Message to Arab Forum on Anniversary of 9/11 ..."

http://landing.newsinc.com/shared/video.html?freewheel=90085&sitesection=breitbart&VID=23803023

" ..... recover stolen assets that must be returned .... "

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2012, 09:38:47 PM »
Embassy's Arabic Tweets Were Even Worse

The U.S. embassy in Cairo issued apologetic statements on 9/11--both before and during attacks by a radical mob. Those statements, condemning the supposed abuse of free speech by Americans who had criticized Islam, were later disavowed by the White House--though affirmed by the State Department--and the tweets deleted. While controversy has focused on the English tweets, the embassy's Arabic tweets were even more craven.

Raymond Stock, Shillman/Ginsburg Writing Fellow at the Middle East Forum, told Breitbart News:

Except for one Arabic tweet which said that consular services will be closed on September 12 due to the demonstrations, and another that praised the patriotism of Americans on September 11, 2001, there was really no mention of what was actually happening in Cairo that day.

Rather, the Arabic tweets repeatedly condemn "religious incitement," understood to be entirely on the side of the unnamed filmmakers, not the howling fanatics that invaded the compound, who represent an ideology that wants to subjugate all of Egypt's Christians or drive them out altogether.  Some of them have been removed, like this one:  

"We vehemently reject the actions of those who abuse the worldwide right to freedom of expression in order to injure the religious beliefs of others."  

Another one (still there at time of writing, that was posted at 19h), asserts:

"The worldwide right to freedom of expression also gives us the right to criticize misguided, inaccurate works."

So rather than defend American values, the official representatives of Hillary Clinton's State Department deliberately stoked (or better yet, stroked) the opportunistic Islamist sense of grievance in the interest of appeasement.

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2012, 10:04:10 PM »

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-christopher-stevens-ambassador-libya-20120912,0,4288354.story

Before Tuesday, five U.S. ambassadors had been killed in the line of duty, the last being Adolph Dubs in Afghanistan in 1979,

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2012, 11:13:26 PM »
" .... the most conservative protesters ..." still at it near our Embassy in Cairo.

H/T Drudge

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2012, 12:40:14 AM »
Almost all of our problems boil down to the cultural virus that is Leftism. It infects and rots every aspect of the culture. As a country we (the editorial 'we') have no sense of self, of purpose, of history. It wasn't always so, that much is evident from history. But it has been so since roughly the past few decades. We've managed to avoid the consequences for much of those decades by the built up momentum, and what Mark Steyn refers to as cultural capital.

It's not even an existential crisis anymore. I think we have passed that phase. It's now a self-consciously nihilistic suicide of sorts. The thought of there being any sort of unifying trait or sense of purpose is thoroughly foreign.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2012, 06:59:34 AM »
Yeah, too bad the only way we can get all of our bad eggs in one basket is by continuing to run the Leftist playbook of appeasement...

If only there was another way...

::thinking::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2012, 07:13:58 AM »
Oh, and the Obama Regime's weakness and outright idiocy is encouraging the contagion to spread.

Gosh, who (other than a SCoaMF or his minions) could have predicted this?

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/14/world/middleeast/mideast-turmoil-spreads-to-us-embassy-in-yemen.html?_r=2

http://www.wtop.com//289/3033705/Embassies-in-7-countries-warn-of-possible-attacks

Oh, and yes, even Berlin is not safe from Muzzie asshats...

http://www.wkrn.com/story/19532170/us-consulate-in-berlin-evacuated-as-precaution

"Justice will be done." - BHO.  Yeah, we know what this means, it means he is about to eff things up even worse...

::facepalm::

Obama has ruined the American brand more than any enemy ever could have dreamed of...

::gaah::

Offline robins111

« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2012, 08:27:14 AM »
Any time now the ' progressive' movement will be suggesting that a quasi-judicial body be created in most of the Western countries, so as to ensure there's no repeat of the offence of Mohamed. 

It'll take the form of a commission which is made up of islamic scholars, which will review almost everything which could be offensive.  Christians cannot appeal to this body, because everyone knows they cannot be offended.   

The lefties will likely suggest that this commission reports to the UN..  anyone want to  bet I'm wrong?

They are already suggesting the producer of this movie be punished...  if the lefties have their way, the west will instantly be under sharia law..

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2012, 08:28:31 AM »
Like I stated earlier, if I were stationed in an embassy, I'd be hitailing it out of there. I'd have zero confidence an Obama administration could protect me or my family. And Obama justice? What will he do? Go on another apology tour?

The middle east is a cesspool. They have no redeeming qualities. IMHO, there is only two missions which should be conducted regarding the middle east.

The first is no aid of any kind, no contact, no travel, no assistance, no citizenship and we don't need one soldier on their soil. The second is strategic strikes against anyone orvant country who wishes harm to our country. As a matter of principle, we should drop leaflets on an area, urging the citizens to control thier leaders and to leave this area, as it has been targeted for destruction.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2012, 10:44:06 AM »
Weasel Zippers http://weaselzippers.us/ has multiple must see posts,  this is not the best one: GOP Rep. Jeff Landry On Islamist Regimes In Egypt, Libya: Obama “Built That”…

Representative Jeff Landry (R-La.) said the Obama administration bears some of the blame for the current crises in Egypt and Libya because it pursued policies that helped both regimes rise to power, adding that President Barack Obama had “built that.”

“Remember, the regimes that are in place in those two countries came under his policies – he built that, okay,” [Jeff] Landry said
at a press conference on Wednesday.

CatholicCrusader

« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2012, 11:15:52 AM »
President Obama tells Las Vegas crowd, ‘We had a tough day’
Posted at 10:44 pm on September 12, 2012 by Twitchy Staff

"Pres Obama begins remarks at campaign rally in Las Vegas talking about the "tough day we had today:" the loss of 4 Americans in Libya. While President Obama faced criticism for campaigning in Las Vegas the day after four Americans were killed in an attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya, he did acknowledge the crisis early in his remarks, referring to “the tough day we had today” amid cheers from supporters."

A tough day? Men die because Obama failed to protect them, and that's a "tough day"? This man is a total imbeciale, a total moron, and a hearltess pig.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2012, 11:32:42 AM »
The POSOTUS is a disgusting pile of swine excrement, and I've been saying he "built this" batsh*t f**king crazy Middle East nightmare for 3 1/2 years now, and I just wish this SCoaMF would go over there...and...not...come...back!

charlesoakwood

« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2012, 04:06:36 PM »

I would imagine Quick Stop cashiers will be
a tad more friendly than usual these days.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2012, 04:14:42 PM »
http://riehlworldview.com/2012/09/what-holder-and-feds-id-california-mans-role-in-anti-islam-film.html

What??? Holder and Feds ID California man’s role in anti-Islam film

What country did I just wake up in? Islamic extremists kill an Ambassador abroad and a U.S. citizen’s name and past problems with law enforcement are suddenly in the news?? This is outrageous. They’re looking to undermine the film by destroying him instead of focusing on the murderers. There’s no excuse for this coming from the Feds and Holder.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2012, 04:56:55 PM »
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/09/report-obama-ambassador-in-egypt-forbids-us-marines-from-carrying-live-ammo/

Should we expect the contingent of 50 Marines deployed to Libya will be allowed to carry live ammo?

charlesoakwood

« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2012, 05:02:23 PM »

That's the problem isn't it?  Are they (the Libyans - the Egyptians) going to
allow the United States Marines to carry live ammunition?  How utterly and
completely absurd. 

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2012, 05:35:26 PM »
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/09/report-obama-ambassador-in-egypt-forbids-us-marines-from-carrying-live-ammo/

Should we expect the contingent of 50 Marines deployed to Libya will be allowed to carry live ammo?

The SCoaMF built that.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2012, 05:41:07 PM »

They could courtmartial me....but I'd be live ammo....Or request to go home.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2012, 05:43:58 PM »
Our finest......reduced to protecting our borders with beanbags and rubber bullets. ::gaah:: ::effu::