Author Topic: U.S. Embassies under attack -- UPDATES  (Read 63969 times)

charlesoakwood

Re: U.S. Embassies under attack -- UPDATES
« Reply #260 on: October 28, 2012, 04:06:09 PM »

Could this be the Dauphin's perfect storm?

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #261 on: October 28, 2012, 04:10:48 PM »
I doubt it, CO.  We know all about Benghazi because we're political junkies.

Because the Presstitutes are not talking about this, how many other "civilians" do you think have any idea what's going on?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #262 on: October 28, 2012, 05:20:35 PM »
Related -

http://itsaboutliberty.com/index.php/topic,7065.0.html

http://itsaboutliberty.com/index.php/topic,7066.0.html

Stinks to high heaven!

And this just confirms mostly what we already know but cannot get official confirmation of -

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/retired-lt-col-my-sources-say-obama-was-in-the-room-watching-benghazi-attack-happen/

Dear Lord I despise Obama and his demonic ilk!!!

It would be "nice" if we could, at least, get the straight story on who is allowed to do what without WH approval --

From Libertas last link  http://www.theblaze.com/stories/retired-lt-col-my-sources-say-obama-was-in-the-room-watching-benghazi-attack-happen

“The issue is always political with the White House, but the secretary of defense gives the order, has to be approved by the White House, they wouldn’t pull the trigger, and it’s disgraceful,” Hunt said. “We’ve got guys dead.”

Elsewhere, we have other people saying something different, that there are protocols that are designed to execute UNLESS the CIC intervenes with a stand-down.

Good grief.

The CIEF responses are designed to be automatic, it is typically viewed as inconceivable that a SecDef or POTUS would put a stop to the action, but it appears that is exactly what they did.  It is likely this gross departure from procedures designed to protect American personnel (especially our troops for crying out loud!) is what sparked a mini revolt in AfriCom and perhaps elsewhere, and hearing these repeated denials for assistance no doubt caused the SEALs (men unaccustomed to ceding anything or standing idly by) to leapt into action.  Since the CIA annex was also overrun it just magnifies the correctness of the SEALs assessment of the situation (better to go out fighting than waiting to be slaughtered like animals) and it is massively damning for those who denied these people the assistance they deserved!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 07:29:12 PM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #263 on: October 28, 2012, 05:41:56 PM »

Yeah, McInerney said, we are trained to go to the sound of the gun.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #264 on: October 28, 2012, 07:30:26 PM »
Congresscritters ought to subpoena Gen. Ham before he gets Ft. Marcy Park'd!

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #265 on: October 29, 2012, 04:56:44 AM »

Gen. Ham's replacement, Gen. Rodriguez, must testify under oath before Congress in a Senate Confirmation Hearing.

Damn, I would have Gen. Ham sitting there, ready to pounce if Rodriguez even hinted that he was not going to be truthful.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #266 on: October 29, 2012, 07:29:06 AM »

Gen. Ham's replacement, Gen. Rodriguez, must testify under oath before Congress in a Senate Confirmation Hearing.

Damn, I would have Gen. Ham sitting there, ready to pounce if Rodriguez even hinted that he was not going to be truthful.

They need to get depositions from him before any accident befalls the good General!

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #267 on: October 29, 2012, 08:34:30 AM »
Steyn, with the definitive summary

It's hard to quote any one passage...they're all quotable.  But it all does boil down to

Why would Obama and Biden do such a thing? Because to launch a military operation against an al-Qaida affiliate on the anniversary of 9/11 would have exposed the hollowness of their boast through convention week and the days thereafter – that Osama was dead, and al-Qaida was finished. And so Thank you Woods, Glen Doherty, Sean Smith and Chris Stevens were left to die.

Your Reader's Digest version of what when and why.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #268 on: October 29, 2012, 12:05:37 PM »
Steyn, with the definitive summary

It's hard to quote any one passage...they're all quotable.  But it all does boil down to

Why would Obama and Biden do such a thing? Because to launch a military operation against an al-Qaida affiliate on the anniversary of 9/11 would have exposed the hollowness of their boast through convention week and the days thereafter – that Osama was dead, and al-Qaida was finished. And so Thank you Woods, Glen Doherty, Sean Smith and Chris Stevens were left to die.

Your Reader's Digest version of what when and why.

Emotionally, this takes me from unbridled rage to complete sadness. Rage, because whether dem or repub, black or white, rich or poor, this type of inexcusable behavior calls for a trial by their peers. Sadness, because half the country is ignoring murder and giving obama cover. We have 150 million people who are accessories to murder.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #269 on: October 31, 2012, 12:08:43 AM »
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/obama-met-panetta-and-biden-wh-benghazi-terror-attack-unfolded

Obama Met With Panetta and Biden at WH As Benghazi Terror Attack Unfolded

(CNSNews.com) - President Barack Obama met with Defense Secretary Leon Panetta and Vice President Joe Biden at the White House on Sept. 11, 2012 at 5:00 PM—just 55 minutes after the State Department notified the White House and the Pentagon that the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi was under attack.
“When the attack began, a Diplomatic Security agent working in the Tactical Operations Center immediately activated the Imminent Danger Notification System and made an emergency announcement over the PA,” Lamb testified. “Based on our security protocols, he also alerted the annex U.S. quick reaction security team stationed nearby, the Libyan 17th February Brigade, Embassy Tripoli, and the Diplomatic Security Command Center in Washington. From that point on, I could follow what was happening in almost real-time.”

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #270 on: October 31, 2012, 07:09:14 AM »
Once again, Panetta lies his effing arse off!

I've had it with these clowns!

And, to make me even more pissed off this morning, that libiot crony-capitalist pig Zuckerberg's FookedBook outfit is cracking down on SOS-PAC postings on this treason committed by Team Obama!

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2012/10/30/Facebook-Censors-Navy-SEALS-To-Protect-Obama-on-Benghazi-Gate

Another reason to loath phony baloney 1st Amendment-hating social media fvcksticks!

This should be reprinted everywhere!  I gotta get it embedded in my e-mail signature!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #271 on: October 31, 2012, 12:20:14 PM »
Newt says he has someone telling him news outlets are sitting on damaging info further implicating the White House in the stand-down order in Benghazi.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/31/gingrich-rumor-says-networks-have-white-house-emails-telling-counterterrorism-group-to-stand-down-on-benghazi-rescue/

We know the liberal dominated media is covering for Obama, but in this high stakes election, it makes it stink to high heaven even more.

This ties in to the media malfeasance -

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolumnists/the_mysterious_media_benghazi_bugout_BcSb3qr5XhCps5Lr5fZeyK?utm_medium=rss&utm_content=Oped%20Columnists

As usual Fox is the only outlet paying attention to this - audio tapes of Ty Woods calling for help - the Obama Regime continues to lock-down all info on this, and we know why...to get it past the election!

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/10/sean-hannity-on-benghazi-slaughter-audio-tapes-ive-heard-they-are-damning-video/

The time is drawing short for Obama!  And the media is going to have their day come too!   ;)

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #272 on: October 31, 2012, 12:58:00 PM »
The media needs thier day. I'm as sick of them as I am obummer. I mean, Benghazi doesn't rate as high as hammering ex President Bush ( the october surprise) with the 25 year old allegation he drove drunk......Or travon....or gloria allred.....

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #273 on: October 31, 2012, 03:06:59 PM »
The media needs thier day. I'm as sick of them as I am obummer. I mean, Benghazi doesn't rate as high as hammering ex President Bush ( the october surprise) with the 25 year old allegation he drove drunk......Or travon....or gloria allred.....

Damn right.  Breitbart recognized them as the main threat, and they are.  Somewhere along the way they have crossed a line from merely being biased hacks and shills to outright enemy agents.  Far as I'm concerned a good number of them have earned the right to bend a street lamp.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #274 on: October 31, 2012, 03:15:44 PM »

Damn right.  Breitbart recognized them as the main threat, and they are.  Somewhere along the way they have crossed a line from merely being biased hacks and shills to outright enemy agents.  Far as I'm concerned a good number of them have earned the right to bend a street lamp.

For whatever it's worth, it's encouraging to hear a committed Democrat like Pat Caddell calling this seditious situation for exactly what it is. It's a reminder that not all people who have heretofore called themselves liberal are on board with the evil collectivist agenda of the Leftists.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #275 on: October 31, 2012, 04:03:17 PM »

For whatever it's worth, it's encouraging to hear a committed Democrat like Pat Caddell calling this seditious situation for exactly what it is. It's a reminder that not all people who have heretofore called themselves liberal are on board with the evil collectivist agenda of the Leftists.

I have trouble thinking ANY liberal would do what's right.....and if there are a few ( I'm not stating there are), along with my feelings a liberal will DO ANYTHING and I mean ANYTHING to keep power, if you speak up you may be pushing daisies.

Liberals rank right there with mussies.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #276 on: October 31, 2012, 04:30:54 PM »

They are co-conspirators and should be treated as such.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #277 on: October 31, 2012, 06:03:20 PM »

They are co-conspirators and should be treated as such.

!!
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #278 on: October 31, 2012, 08:40:47 PM »

http://ace.mu.nu/archives/334463.php

"The Obama national security team, including CIA, DNI, State Department and the Pentagon, watched and listened to the assault but did nothing to answer repeated calls for assistance. It has been reported that President Obama met with Vice President Joseph R. Biden and Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta in the Oval Office, presumably to see what support could be provided. After all, we had very credible military resources within striking distance. At our military base in Sigonella, Sicily, which is slightly over 400 miles from Benghazi, we had a fully equipped Special Forces unit with both transport and jet strike aircraft prepositioned. Certainly this was a force much more capable than the 22-man force from our embassy in Tripoli.

I know those Special Forces personnel were ready to leap at the opportunity. There is no doubt in my mind they would have wiped out the terrorists attackers. Also I have no doubt that Admiral William McRaven, Commander of U.S. Special Operations Command, would have had his local commander at Sigonella ready to launch; however, apparently he was countermanded—by whom? We need to know.

I also understand we had a C-130 gunship available, which would have quickly disposed of the terrorist attackers. This attack went on for seven hours. Our fighter jets could have been at our Benghazi mission within an hour. Our Special Forces out of Sigonella could have been there within a few hours. There is not any doubt that action on our part could have saved the lives of our two former Navy SEALs and possibly the ambassador."  
                                      _ _Admiral James A. Lyons, Retired

Having been in a number of similar situations, I know you have to have the courage to do what’s right and take immediate action. Obviously, that courage was lacking for Benghazi. The safety of your personnel always remains paramount. With all the technology and military capability we had in theater, for our leadership to have deliberately ignored the pleas for assistance is not only incomprehensible, it is un-American. Ace

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #279 on: November 01, 2012, 06:54:56 AM »
ACE has been all over this.   ::thumbsup::

These Obama clowns cannot be dealt with fast enough to suit me!

ETA - Oh lookie!  Another sternly worded letter by Senators to Nero Obama! 

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/senators-again-urge-obama-answer-key-questions-about-benghazi-attack_659895.html

Awesome!  I bet double-secret probation is next!  That'll show the Emperor!

/
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 07:37:38 AM by Libertas »