Author Topic: So...Anyone Actually Watch The Mohammed Video?  (Read 1704 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
So...Anyone Actually Watch The Mohammed Video?
« on: September 19, 2012, 02:36:59 AM »
I did. And yeah, it's plenty stupid. Horrible everything...acting, directing, writing, effects, etc.

It's quite the rage over at youtube, though. It has over 10 million hits and over 150K comments as I write this. There are several factions of commenters:

1) enraged muslims who are cursing everyone and promising death and eternal suffering for the enemies of islam

2) lots and lots of people insulting and taunting the people in group 1 by mostly ridiculing mohammed and allah

3) a few fervent atheists who are making fun of islam and Christianity and pretending to be above it all and,

4) a lot of "concern" trolls who are shocked that anyone (mainly from group 1 & 2) could post such horrible comments.

Pretty damned crazy all the way around.

Well, anyway...here's the link. Watch it and then, if you are feeling a certain degree of self loathing you can go to the site and see it there where you get the bonus of comments...

Innocence of Muslims - Muhammad Movie - FULL HD

Comments here.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: So...Anyone Actually Watch The Mohammed Video?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 07:25:08 AM »
Horrible and stupid is still protected free speech though, I mean how else could Democrats campaign for office?  How could Leftists groups spew their hate?  How could the MFM spin the news?

Just on principle I would have to join group 2 and flame groups 1, 3 & 4 (in that order).

PS for the MuzzieBots - Mohammad is a child-raping woman-mutilator and subjugator, a murderer, a pedophile, a sodomist and basically the lowest form of scum ever to take human form.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 09:01:43 AM »
And now the French are getting into the act.

I still stick with my overall assessment of most Frenchmen, that they are cheese-eating-surrender-monkeys, but I will make an exception for the publishers of this magazine. They are real bad asses who are doing something that our press would never, ever have the testicular fortitude to do.

My hat is off to them. You, sirs, are steely-eyed missile men. I mean that in all sincerity.

Ed Morrissey sums it up thusly:

Inflammatory?  Perhaps, but after watching the repeated paroxysms of rage resulting from any critical speech about Islam over the last several years, it’s difficult to dispute the central thesis that at some level this is a conflict between civilization and its opposite.  Freedom of speech is intended to solidify civilization, allowing for discourse to replace gunfire as the means to which one’s values prevail.  If we allow gunfire to determine the limits of speech as imposed by those who consider us their enemy, then civilization a chimera, an illusion that covers up a totalitarian reality.

That’s easy to forget in the heat of the moment.  It’s our duty to remember what’s at stake, however, before it’s lost entirely.

What's kind of funny is that the French authorities raided the magazine that published the topless princess photos but didn't go after the muslim cartoon publisher. I will never understand the French and have no desire to.

EDIT: The comments are still flowing over there on the youtube page. They are averaging well over 1000 per hour. It's almost impossible to read them because new ones appear so rapidly that whatever you were trying to read gets shoved down the page every few seconds. This thing could set a record for most hits ever at youtube.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 09:39:14 AM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 11:32:13 AM »
Don't over-analyze the French, Trap, pointless.  The best takeaway from this is that their cartoonists show more common sense and bravery than just about any other segment in their nation, including their Armed Forces (aka the original Cheese-eating Surrender-monkeys)!

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 12:41:35 PM »
   I didn't/won't watch it for two reasons one,I don't give a damn what it shows because it's perfectly legal to do it.Two It's our way of life in our country and I don't give a damn if they burn every embasy in every country.

Keep the diplomats home and keep our money home too,stop giving those savages financial support. Let them kill each other till there isn't a one left.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 01:06:59 PM »
Likewise I have zero interest in viewing the video (that would be different if it was any good ;-) but I'm curious to read the comments (almost). Too bad the comment formatting system u-toob uses is so poor. I even have my own liberal-bashing profile over there but trying to spar with the loonies is next to impossible.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2012, 01:56:51 PM »
   I didn't/won't watch it for two reasons one,I don't give a damn what it shows because it's perfectly legal to do it.Two It's our way of life in our country and I don't give a damn if they burn every embasy in every country.

Keep the diplomats home and keep our money home too,stop giving those savages financial support. Let them kill each other till there isn't a one left.
!

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2012, 03:49:32 PM »
It's missing something...

::thinking::

Ah, here we go.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2012, 03:56:14 PM »
Ok....I couldn't help myself...I watched it. So this piece of "art" qualified to get the muzzies panties in a wad. Those panties musta been really wound up tight already. It was almost spoofy in nature and if I "acted" in this flick, I would never admit it. ::unknowncomic::
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2012, 04:54:46 PM »
Ok....I couldn't help myself...I watched it. So this piece of "art" qualified to get the muzzies panties in a wad. Those panties musta been really wound up tight already. It was almost spoofy in nature and if I "acted" in this flick, I would never admit it. ::unknowncomic::

As best I can tell (never been to the hell they call the middle east) they walk around in a constant state of agitation. The slightest thing sets them off and they are always looking for something to be offended about (if you don't supply it they'll invent something).

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2012, 06:47:33 PM »

As best I can tell (never been to the hell they call the middle east) they walk around in a constant state of agitation. The slightest thing sets them off and they are always looking for something to be offended about (if you don't supply it they'll invent something).

I need to find the new southpark spoof of Muslims. I heard it on the radio today and it was funny. As far as setting off muzzies, my son has told me numerous times they take it out (no pun intended) on goats.

I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2012, 10:12:02 PM »
France ran up the white flag, er national flag...whatever.  Cheese-eating surrender-monkeys...  ::)

http://www.france24.com/en/20120919-naked-mohammed-cartoons-fuel-muslim-outcry-france-charlie-hebdo-french-paper

JF is right, let them all kill each other.  We should be doing more to encourage that.

Offline robins111

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2012, 01:06:31 PM »
I watched about 2 minutes of the trailer, it was pathetically goofy and moved on. 

However, the fact that the Islamists will chimp out over it, has raised it to the level of art.   

Having said that, the consequences of their nonsensical over reaction has just begun, with the French cartoons, and Front Page Magazine, getting a Mohamed movie of the month started.   

In a  sense, they've essentially be clowned themselves, their religion and the geographic region.,  additionally, they've opened the door for anyone with a computer and video camera to start goading them simply for entertainment value..