Author Topic: Muslim union demands pope apology, accuses him of sedition  (Read 2682 times)

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
Muslim union demands pope apology, accuses him of sedition
« on: September 14, 2012, 07:10:30 PM »
You know, I'm always uncertain which folder stuff like this should go in....it has elements of GWOT, Religion, and (International) politics. Y'all are free to move it wherever you deem best fit.

DOHA - An Islamic group headed by influential cleric Sheikh Yusuf al-Qaradawi on Friday demanded Pope Benedict XVI apologise to Muslims over inflammatory remarks he made in 2006.
The Qatar-based International Union of Muslim Scholars also accused the pope of fuelling "sedition" between Muslims and Christians, in a statement coinciding with the start of the pontiff's three-day visit to Lebanon.
The union "demands the pope of the Vatican apologise to Muslims over what he said during his speech in Germany... just as he had apologised to Jews," said the statement issued late on Thursday.
In 2006, Benedict offended Muslims by appearing to link Islam with violence in a speech at his former university in Regensburg, southern Germany.
The union, chaired by Egypt-born Qaradawi, said it had "tried to open dialogue with the Vatican" without success and had demanded that he "apologise but he did not."
It accused Benedict of "fuelling sedition between partners in the same country," referring to Muslims and Christians in Lebanon, by "planning to sign an apostolic exhortation that contains dangerous messages and ideas."
The messages included a "warning from the Islamisation of the society and spreading fear among Christians from political Islam in the region," said the statement.
"It is strange that at the time the pope warns from political Islam, he himself practices large-scale political Christianity," it added, urging Benedict not to sign the "apostolic exhortation because it carries wrong false information and is intended to cause sedition between Muslims and Christians."
The pope is expected to sign the final report on a synod of bishops he convened two years ago to study the future of Christians in the Middle East, tackling concern over their exodus.
Lebanon has been riven by sectarian tensions as fighting rages next door in Syria.

http://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/2012/09/14/news/foreign/muslim-union-demands-pope-apology-accuses-him-of-sedition/

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Re: Muslim union demands pope apology, accuses him of sedition
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 07:29:33 PM »
  They have a better shot of finding virgins in hell.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 07:38:08 PM »
Perhaps they too can find seventy Virginians in Hell! Let the butt-whoopin' begin!

http://hsbaseballweb.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4206002781/m/195107975
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

charlesoakwood

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 08:07:13 PM »

Hmmm, if a nuclear bomb is exploded amidst more
nuclear devices those devices will be rendered inert,
I think.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2012, 12:48:53 AM »
Screw them and the camels they road in on.  If the Pope concedes to their demands, screw him as well.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2012, 09:32:59 AM »
Yeah, more appeasement of Muzzie's...that would be different, eh?

/

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2012, 10:32:36 AM »
Here's my perspective and why I chose to post this....

It is an election year. An election like none other in my lifetime. The stakes could not possibly be higher. The ramifications more intense. Against this backdrop we have the choice of dumb or evil. Right now I'm not convinced that Romney "gets it" so I'm calling him dumb. Øbozo not only "gets it" - he authored it. He is clearly evil.

He is embracing the very things that will bring our nation to ruin.

Now pull back and once more view the world and what is happening. There is a coordinated surge of islamic insanity occurring. Most of it has The United States as its focus. How can that be? Didn't Duh Won calm the seas and bring enlightenment to a dark world? Wasn't he the one we were waiting for? Didn't he promise that only he could bring peace to the middle east? And then set about murdering muzzies at a pace that made even the Saudi's blanch?

This thing with the Pope is just one thread in a tapestry of islamic craziness. Craziness that was inspired by Øbozo and his idiotic approach to foreign relations. He pissed them off, not any u-toob video. He's the one who has been murdering their icons.

And he is the one who (for better or worse) is the face of America (spit!).

There is only two ways that an intelligent person can view the islamic violence that is going on: either it is a concerted effort to start a world religious war in which case they need to be put down - firmly. Or they are rabid dogs who snap at anything that moves....in which case they need to be put down - firmly.

People who don't take care of their stuff soon find it gone or garbage. When is this country gonna start taking care of its stuff?

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2012, 11:44:27 AM »
Part of the problem is that this "country" is no longer a country. It's a hodgepodge of mini-nations, a barnyard of humanity. For all the insipid talk of "coming together" or the particularly nauseating "diversity is our strength", it is becoming increasingly impossible to develop consensus even on basic things. It is reflected in our foreign policy. This country has no sense of itself, so how can it possibly project any sort of coherent policy to the rest of the world?

The Left really did a number on this place, especially starting in the mid 1960s. Personally, I have long since given up on the idea of restoring the USA in its present geographic configuration. It will of necessity break apart into new territorial entities. And when it happens it will be a feature, not a bug.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2012, 12:50:10 PM »
It's come to the point when I think the best course of action going forward is for people to intentionally insult Islam and watch the 'Slims burn up every shred of the "Religion of Peace" facade.

The idea that anyone is still ignorant enough to coddle their sensibilities out of some sense of propriety or offering of mutual dignity is laughable, and the farce is exposed when the 'Slims explode.

Hmmm.... ..."the farce is exposed when the 'Slims explode, the farce is exposed when the 'Slims explode."

Has a nice groove.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2012, 12:56:53 PM »
I may be a selfish SOB but I can't imagine not having the United States. I was always a firm believer in Manifest Destiny - that God meant for us to be here, to develop this nation, and to lead the world. It is why I find creatures like Øbozo so repugnant. He doesn't GAS about this country and is actually offended by our history.

He has demonstrated to my satisfaction that he is much more comfortable with the other muzzies - a situation that I find intolerable and unacceptable.

We may yet lose our nation but I will not let it go casually.

CatholicCrusader

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2012, 03:26:36 PM »
It's come to the point when I think the best course of action going forward is for people to intentionally insult Islam and watch the 'Slims burn up every shred of the "Religion of Peace" facade.........

Good idea, because when you think about it, its usually their own capitols and neighboorhoods that end up being trashed.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2012, 03:39:01 PM »
I'd like to see a nice laser guided bomb dropped right on top of that stupid rock they all worship. Going now for fourteen centuries the world has had to put up with these psychotic savages. It's time for someone or something to put an end to it.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2012, 03:57:22 PM »
It's come to the point when I think the best course of action going forward is for people to intentionally insult Islam and watch the 'Slims burn up every shred of the "Religion of Peace" facade.........

Good idea, because when you think about it, its usually their own capitols and neighboorhoods that end up being trashed.

True enough. The evil scourge of Islam harms Islamic societies the worst.

But even if they target others, as they are now, perhaps stirring the nest even more proactively is the best thing that could be done. The idiots on the Left who insist on facilitating this cult of the devil need to be awakened the hell up, and so far, they ain't getting the message. Most of them "got it" after 9/11/01, but the droning of their Leftist overlords snuffed their common sense in regard to Islam in its cradle.

There's been a lot of talk about drawing "red lines" lately. Perhaps an unambiguous rhetorical assault on Islam - making the statement that not only will we refuse to abandon our 1st Amendment rights, but we will exercise them in direct opposition to the wishes of Islam - perhaps that is the red line what we need.

Ann Barnhardt en masse.

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2012, 04:20:37 PM »

True enough. The evil scourge of Islam harms Islamic societies the worst.

But even if they target others, as they are now, perhaps stirring the nest even more proactively is the best thing that could be done. The idiots on the Left who insist on facilitating this cult of the devil need to be awakened the hell up, and so far, they ain't getting the message. Most of them "got it" after 9/11/01, but the droning of their Leftist overlords snuffed their common sense in regard to Islam in its cradle.

There's been a lot of talk about drawing "red lines" lately. Perhaps an unambiguous rhetorical assault on Islam - making the statement that not only will we refuse to abandon our 1st Amendment rights, but we will exercise them in direct opposition to the wishes of Islam - perhaps that is the red line what we need.

Ann Barnhardt en masse.

Just so.  Ride out to meet them.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2012, 09:02:33 AM »
I'm trying to remember the last time a Muzzie apologized for anything. ::thinking::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2012, 07:06:58 PM »
Wow, where to start?  There is so much here I agree with!

"Barnyard humanity", yup G, that is what the pc/diversity/multi-culti cult hath wrought, I lump them firmly into the enemy camp, they want to pretend Islam is peachy keen, fine, I'll pretend the appeasers are in the enemy camp and I'll be sure they earn the same fate.  Actually, we don't even have to pretend they are in the eemy camp, we know they are.

A 'break up" would be the happy scenario G, I predict we'll only get there in other than peaceful means.

"Intentionally insult Islam"?  Check, already there.  I enjoy calling them for what they are...murderous death-cultists whoese hero is the pedophile-murderer deviant Mohammad...the left hand of Iblis!

PS-Ann Barnhardt is a hero of mine, and probably a hero to many here as well.

Bomb that "rock"?  Oh hell yeah!  I used to say the only chance we have at controlling these animals is by threatening to nuke Mecca & Medina and give the green light to Israel to bulldoze that abomination in Jerusalem if they refuse to layoff of us.  They are not laying off, time to bring this war to a head...blast those sites to Hell!

!

charlesoakwood

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2012, 09:17:20 PM »

Bomb that "rock"?  Oh hell yeah!  I used to say the only chance we have at controlling these animals is by threatening to nuke Mecca & Medina and give the green light to Israel to bulldoze that abomination in Jerusalem if they refuse to layoff of us.  They are not laying off, time to bring this war to a head...blast those sites to Hell!

!

We should not threaten to nuke Mecca & Medina we should do it.
After it is done is the time to threaten them.

Also with that dome, it should be carefully be dismantled so as not
to disturb anything else then all the parts and pieces crushed, burned,
melted then shredded and cast asunder.  Then, again threaten them.

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2012, 09:53:45 PM »
I'd like to see a nice laser guided bomb dropped right on top of that stupid rock they all worship. Going now for fourteen centuries the world has had to put up with these psychotic savages. It's time for someone or something to put an end to it.

Too bad we wasted our computer hacking exercise on trying to shut down the centerfuges.  What we should do is reprogram any Iranian guidance systems to always come down on that rock.  Let Iran get the blame for destroying islime. Next thing you know they will kill each other off.

Eschew Obfuscation

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2012, 06:53:00 AM »

Too bad we wasted our computer hacking exercise on trying to shut down the centerfuges.  What we should do is reprogram any Iranian guidance systems to always come down on that rock.  Let Iran get the blame for destroying islime. Next thing you know they will kill each other off.

Oh man, I'm kicking myself for not coming up with that idea!   ::thumbsup::