Author Topic: Oh noes! Romney caught on secret video telling it like it is  (Read 3283 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Oh noes! Romney caught on secret video telling it like it is
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2012, 03:08:07 PM »
And Magnum, we know what the media will focus on in the clip you posted. Not Romney's sober and realistic assessment of the Palestinians and the regional conflict, but the fact that he says a former Secretary of State told him there is a prospect for peace, and he "didn't delve into it."

Wonder what he said immediately after that. The fact that the video cuts off there indicates that he placed the comment in context.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2012, 06:28:11 PM »
Yeah, I like everything leading up to that point, leaving that tidbit dangling (no douobt on purpose) is setting the table for criticism, but it could blow back on Obama if he takes the bait, if what MItt says after that is revealing and highlights another failure of the Obama Admin.

ETA -

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/is-the-full-secret-video-of-romney-at-fundraiser-really-unedited/

Where's the missing parts?  America wants to know, but MJ is sticking to their script...
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 08:31:38 PM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2012, 09:00:29 PM »

Romney sticks by his ’47%’ remarks, hits back

No retreat, no surrender. It’s too late for that now if you want to be seen as a leader.

Mitt Romney said in an interview Tuesday that remarks he made at a fund-raiser in May casting supporters of President Barack Obama as dependent on government were an honest reflection of his campaigns message.

“This is a message Im carrying day and day out and will carry over the coming months,” Romney said on Fox News. “This is a decision about the course of America, where were going to head. We’ve seen the presidents policies play out over the last four year.”

–  CNN Political Ticker.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2012, 09:08:57 PM »
MFM doesn't question this.  That ought to scare the crap out of people!

Obama Just Lost the Election - Hidden Camera Catches Him and Michelle

::cussing::  MFM!

Stick to your guns Mitt, and hit hard with EVERY punch!

charlesoakwood

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2012, 09:16:42 PM »

...and yet, even as I imagined myself following Malcolm's call, one line in the book stayed with me.  He spoke of  a wish he'd once had.  The wish that "the white blood that ran through him, there by an act of violence, could somehow be expunged".   

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2012, 09:35:59 PM »
Yeah...

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2012, 11:54:59 PM »

...and yet, even as I imagined myself following Malcolm's call, one line in the book stayed with me.  He spoke of  a wish he'd once had.  The wish that "the white blood that ran through him, there by an act of violence, could somehow be expunged".   

The white blood running thru Obama was an act of whoredom.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2012, 02:21:17 AM »

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2012, 03:27:01 AM »
Good graphic, Charles.  Thank you.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2012, 07:53:53 AM »
Ditto, I'm saving that one.  BTW, where did that come from?

Online Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2012, 08:29:06 AM »

Appears to come from Heritage originally
http://www.heritage.org/federalbudget/

- found it on zerohedge via instapunidt this morning
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/your-taxes-work-all-you-need-know-about-who-pays-what-taxes-us

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2012, 08:36:33 AM »
IF Mittens keeps this up, I may not have to be toilet hugging drunk when I vote for him. That's a BIG if, though.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2012, 11:40:52 AM »

Appears to come from Heritage originally
http://www.heritage.org/federalbudget/

- found it on zerohedge via instapunidt this morning
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/your-taxes-work-all-you-need-know-about-who-pays-what-taxes-us

Wow, Tyler at ZH is using right-wing neo-con charts!  Libertarians and their "Both parties equally suck!" crowd must be going apesh*t!  And yes, the first comment there goes apesh*t. 

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2012, 11:41:53 AM »
IF Mittens keeps this up, I may not have to be toilet hugging drunk when I vote for him. That's a BIG if, though.

I feel your, ahh...sobriety!   ;D

Maybe not toilet-hugging drunk...maybe just one good sheet in the wind...

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2012, 12:33:20 PM »
Libs just hate facts.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2012, 11:01:36 AM »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2012, 11:37:50 AM »
Kill them.  Kill them all.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2012, 03:31:00 PM »
Kill them.  Kill them all.

Do I detect "TONE"? ::guillotine::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2012, 12:37:19 PM »
I'm now past the point where I'm more enthusiastic about voting for Romney than I ever was about votng for McCain.

I can't ignore the devastation of the past 4 years in forming that opinion. But I think Romney is simply a better candidate, better leader, better conservative, and will make a better President - than John McCain could've ever been.

I can scarcely imagine McCain fecklessly flailing away at the myriad crises we face. Somehow I can imagine Romney in the same position, and leading effectively.

Hopefully I'll get a chance for my gut feeling to be tested.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2012, 01:14:04 PM »
I'm now past the point where I'm more enthusiastic about voting for Romney than I ever was about votng for McCain.

I can't ignore the devastation of the past 4 years in forming that opinion. But I think Romney is simply a better candidate, better leader, better conservative, and will make a better President - than John McCain could've ever been.

I can scarcely imagine McCain fecklessly flailing away at the myriad crises we face. Somehow I can imagine Romney in the same position, and leading effectively.

Hopefully I'll get a chance for my gut feeling to be tested.

I think Romney will probably make fewer mistakes than McCain and give in less often, however,  that is setting the bar pretty low in my opinion. We need another Lincoln, or a Reagan.  Mittens is neither.  Less of a disaster than McCain, but  it will still be a disaster.  They will not repeal Obamacare. The Spending will not be reduced by any meaningful amount. The economy and the dollar will continue to loose traction in the global economy, and we will still be headed to a 3rd world standard of living - either gradually or in a sudden event.  They will continue to "compromise" and give out entitlements,  and more and more will vote for Dems because they have become dependent wards of the State.
Before the end of Romney's term we will look like Greece today. Children will be abandoned.  Riots and stoppages will be ordinary events.  Foreigners will be buying any real assets and resources we have, and gain more influence over our governance.  The only thing that might preempt that is a war - and that will have its own set of hardships.

Romney has proven he is willing to play as he needs to play - saying one thing then another, and he will behave for us only so long as the Tea Party can hold his feet in the fire. He chose Ryan to entice us, they added a Gold Standard to the platform to try attract the Ron Paul crowd, but its pandering plain and simple. Once in power he will ignore us and govern as he did in Mass, unless someone is able to change and modify his agenda via political power - a power I do not think we yet possess.

Its going to be a wild ride folks. There are no solutions to our problems - reality is going  to solve them for us, in the usual and violent ways.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 06:20:04 PM by Weisshaupt »