Author Topic: School Bans Mother/Son Activities  (Read 2436 times)

CatholicCrusader

School Bans Mother/Son Activities
« on: September 18, 2012, 08:22:42 AM »
MORE LIBERAL STUPIDITY....

"CRANSTON, R.I. -- In a move that has taken some parents by surprise, the school department has announced that it is banning traditional "father-daughter" and "mother-son" activities, saying they violate state law.

Supt. Judith Lundsten said the move was triggered by a letter ifrom the American Civil Liberties Union on behalf of a single mom who had complained that her daughter had not been able to attend her father-daughter dance."

http://news.providencejournal.com/breaking-news/2012/09/cranston-bans-f.html

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: School Bans Mother/Son Activities
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 08:24:23 AM »
Moving to "Educators" category, CC.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 10:21:55 AM »
This sounds more like we need an IDIOTS category....or More Stupid Rules by Educators...but this is not education, its bureacrazy.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 10:25:21 AM »
With the UNsanity currently reigning everywhere, we'd need one small category for "normal" and only one other category for IDIOTS.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 11:26:23 AM »
Perhaps the "we're doomed" thread covers the stupid best...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2012, 06:40:40 PM »

"CRANSTON, R.I. -- In a move that has taken some parents by surprise, the school department has announced that it is banning traditional "father-daughter" and "mother-son" activities, saying they violate state law.

Supt. Judith Lundsten said the move was triggered by a letter ifrom the American Civil Liberties Union on behalf of a single mom who had complained that her daughter had not been able to attend her father-daughter dance."

What - she wasn't able to dredge up a baby-daddy that would stay sober long enough to take the kid to a dance?

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2012, 07:18:31 PM »

What - she wasn't able to dredge up a baby-daddy that would stay sober long enough to take the kid to a dance?

Or an uncle, cousin, grandfather, neighbor? 

No, she and daughter, for whatever reasons, don't strictly qualify -- although I'm sure the school was not carding at the door for definitive qualifications -- so nobody else gets to have what she and her daughter don't have.

One woman.  And what's worse, whatever anti-discrimination law was passed in her damn State is a very handy tool for depriving everybody else.

I'm here to tell you, all of these "civil rights"/anti-discrimination laws are gonna be the death of us.

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2012, 07:45:20 PM »
If a conservative does not want "X", they just don't do/buy "X".
If a liberal does not want "X", they pass laws so no one can do/buy "X"
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2012, 07:49:35 PM »
I actually call bullshift on this one.

I did read the story (more like a blurb). Nowhere does it state that the mother/daughter was refused. When I did the daddy/daughter dances there were always a few mothers there and no. one. ever. objected.

They were welcomed just like the rest of us.

Stupid feelers ruining things for the rest of us.  ::outrage::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2012, 07:49:35 PM »
Ya know, we really need to stop calling them liberals.  There isn't anything liberal about 'em, except for the amount and severity of laws they want smeared all over everything and everybody.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2012, 07:50:20 PM »
I've never seen two posts at the same identical time  ;)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2012, 08:05:22 PM »
I've never seen two posts at the same identical time  ;)

Great minds and all that ...

OT tale?

When I worked for Western Union in the 80s (dispatching Telex and TWX machine repair folks), we had an in-house computer system; Eastern HQ in New York called itself DES.

We worked from computer generated tickets, which required regular updates, and then repair info, and closing out.  "Time open" counted; we closed 'em out as soon as honestly possible because "the numbers" meant everything.  DES was notorious for needlessly updating the ticket before closure, adding time, so it was always a race to beat them at their BS.

So, to make a short story long, I closed a ticket at the same instant DES updated.  It hung up the system, showing the ticket open, with no way to close it out.  First time it ever happened. ::shines fingernails on shirt::

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2012, 09:56:43 PM »
I always appreciate creative ways of breaking things ;-)

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2012, 10:04:10 AM »
I'm sorry some kid can't go to the event with a daddy.  But most places now have mom-daughter events or kid/caregiver events, etc.  My brother-in-law once took my daughter to something because my husband couldn't go.  If I was the mom I'd either just take the kid myself if I thought it really mattered or do some other special thing with her. 

And really how many daddy-daughters in a community go to these things?  All?  No.  When my husband took our daughter if was a few dozen--certainly not every girl was there.  More daddy/daughters don't go than do.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2012, 01:44:48 PM »
I'm sorry some kid can't go to the event with a daddy.  But most places now have mom-daughter events or kid/caregiver events, etc.  My brother-in-law once took my daughter to something because my husband couldn't go.  If I was the mom I'd either just take the kid myself if I thought it really mattered or do some other special thing with her. 

And really how many daddy-daughters in a community go to these things?  All?  No.  When my husband took our daughter if was a few dozen--certainly not every girl was there.  More daddy/daughters don't go than do.

That was my recollection as well. As for me? Wild horses...