Author Topic: Your Lunch Could Be Racist  (Read 1595 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Your Lunch Could Be Racist
« on: September 10, 2012, 06:24:06 PM »
As always, life imitates Liberal Fascism.

Did I say life? Sorry, I meant lunch, as the Portland Tribune notes — apparently with a straight* face — that the peanut butter and jelly sandwich, heck, the sandwich itself — is raaaaaaaaacist:

Verenice Gutierrez picks up on the subtle language of racism every day.

Take the peanut butter sandwich, a seemingly innocent example a teacher used in a lesson last school year.

“What about Somali or Hispanic students, who might not eat sandwiches?” says Gutierrez, principal at Harvey Scott K-8 School, a diverse school of 500 students in Northeast Portland’s Cully neighborhood.

“Another way would be to say: ‘Americans eat peanut butter and jelly, do you have anything like that?’ Let them tell you. Maybe they eat torta. Or pita.”

As Jonah Goldberg noted in Liberal Fascism:

This is not to say that there are no racist conservatives. But at the philosophical level, liberalism is battling a straw man. This is why liberals must constantly assert that conservatives use code words—because there’s nothing obviously racist about conservatism per se. Indeed, the constant manipulation of the language to keep conservatives—and other non-liberals—on the defensive is a necessary tactic for liberal politics. The Washington, D.C., bureaucrat who was fired for using the word “niggardly” correctly in a sentence is a case in point. The ground must be constantly shifted to maintain a climate of grievance. Fascists famously ruled by terror. Political correctness isn’t literally terroristic, but it does govern through fear. No serious person can deny that the grievance politics of the American left keeps decent people in a constant state of fright—they are afraid to say the wrong word, utter the wrong thought, offend the wrong constituency.

Serve the wrong lunch.

Twitchy is having lots of fun with the above article, but when does the sheer weight of this idiocy collapse like a black hole? Or as Ace writes today:

I remember reading, say, 20-25 years ago, a pundit fretting about the loss of liberal persuasiveness — why was the public growing tired of liberal appeals and electing awful insane conservatives?

The proposed answer was “Compassion Fatigue.” That liberals had created such a vast and sprawling list of things we all needed to be compassionate about, and think lots of bien pensant thoughts about, that many were getting weary of it all and just wanted to get back to something called “living our own lives.”

Do we ever get to just make a peanut butter & jelly sandwich for a kid, or do we have to don the hairshirt whenever we do anything?

And if you really want to see hair shirt leftism in action, do not miss the video at the end of Ace’s post.

* Apologies for that heteronormative word. While I’m in Reeducation Camp, try to hold the fort down. (Damn — did it again!)

Update: At CNS News today: “U.S. Department of Education: 79% of Chicago 8th Graders Not Proficient in Reading,” a headline that dovetails perfectly into the Portland Tribune article, and the observation that Victor Davis Hanson made in a recent article: the more the results of “liberalism” (or what passes for it today) are shown to be a failure, the more that liberals (ditto) will retreat into fantasyland — it’s sort of a Red Queen’s Race into deeper and deeper spirals of dementia.

Original article here.

Most of the staff are on board, but there is some opposition to a drum class being offered to middle school boys of color at Scott School.

Fifty percent of the students at Scott are Hispanic; another 15 percent are black and 9 percent are Asian. Eighty-five percent are eligible for free or reduced-price meals.

Chuck Barber, who also offers boys’ drum corps at Vernon and Faubion schools in Northeast Portland, approached Gutierrez last year to start up a lunch-time drum class for black and Latino boys once a week. This year, it’ll expand to two classes a week, to accommodate new boys as well as those with experience.

At least one parent has a problem with the the class, saying it amounts to “blatant discrimination and equity of women, Asians, whites and Native Americans.”

“This ‘club’ was approved by the administration, and any girls who complained were brushed off and it was not addressed,” the parent wrote anonymously.

Gutierrez denies that any students were turned away from the drum corps, and vehemently rejects any suggestion that it is discrimination to offer a club catering to minority boys.

“When white people do it, it is not a problem, but if it’s for kids of color, then it’s a problem?” says Gutierrez, 40, an El Paso, Texas, native whose parents were Mexican immigrants. “Break it down for me. That’s your white privilege, and your whiteness.”

Got it?  You may not think of yourself as White, or of the White race, but people like Gutierrez most certainly do.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
Re: Your Lunch Could Be Racist
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 06:31:59 PM »
"Scratch a liberal and find a fascist"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 06:42:20 PM »
What if I gladly share my sandwich with a niqqer? Will I still be a racist?

::thinking::

Yup.

But if I share my sandwich with a niqqer and vote for Obama, then I won't be a racist. Right?
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 06:56:23 PM »

If one refused to share his peanut butter and jelly
sandwich with a Hispanic would it be racist?

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 07:20:26 PM »
So, perhaps the new "Americans" in the class don't know what a sandwich is.  It is our job, as Americans, to teach, inform, and assimilate, no?  Oh, right -- "cultural oppression".

Sick of it.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 08:01:48 PM »

Yup.

But if I share my sandwich with a niqqer and vote for Obama, then I won't be a racist. Right?

No, your still a racist...and a dumbass.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2012, 04:47:33 AM »

Yup.

" They don't serve fried chicken and watermelon in my beloved cafeteria ! "

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2012, 06:50:09 AM »

Yup.

Damn cracker cafeterias!

::hysterical::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2012, 09:14:53 AM »

Yup.

Crap. Coffee on the keyboard again. ::hysterical::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson