Author Topic: FT on China  (Read 1181 times)

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
FT on China
« on: March 23, 2011, 08:13:01 AM »
The background info is good, the editorial slant and wishful thinking that China will play nice, eh, not so much.  But it's worth a gander.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/9ba6d850-54c2-11e0-b1ed-00144feab49a.html#axzz1HQUOnzmQ
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Re: FT on China
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 10:14:12 AM »
How people a little closer to the situation than the NY Times affiliated FT feel

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/front/archives/2011/03/17/2003498376/1

A top national security official yesterday said China had begun deploying a new long-range ballistic missile aimed at Taiwan, adding that the missile’s destructive capacity went beyond that of the current missiles in China’s arsenal.

Unlike Tom Friedman, the average Taiwan resident isn't waxing fondly, fantasizing about what can be done with Jintao's chakra.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: FT on China
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 10:24:59 AM »
Heh, good stuff MNHawk.  We should not forget our friends in Taiwan, even if..especially if the current Regime and their water-carriers think otherwise.

Knowing who the ChiCom's are first and foremost should never be lost sight of.

I thought we started losing it under Bush I when we had an opportunity to step it up with stronger military ties with Taiwan, but then all the fluffy bunny/unicorn/international mindset kicked in and nobody wanted to offend the bloody ChiCom's at a time we were building a coalition to slap Saddam.

Under Clinton Taiwan was set adrift permanently, and Bush II did nothing to change that!

I would tie so close to Taiwan militarily, politically and economically that if I didn't give those red bastards indigestion and nightmares I'd know I wasn't doing enough!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.