Author Topic: Report: Another 1500 pages of regulations added LAST WEEK  (Read 388 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Report: Another 1500 pages of regulations added LAST WEEK
« on: September 20, 2012, 11:25:18 AM »
Last week, 1,571 new pages of regulations were published in the 2012 Federal Register, bringing the total for this year to more than 55,300 pages, according to the Competitive Enterprise Institute (CEI).

In those pages, 76 new final rules were approved, up from 51 final rules during the shortened Labor Day holiday week.

That figure is equivalent to a new regulation being published every 2 hours and 13 minutes, 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.

The only thing moving faster than the regulatory bureaucrats are the Treasury printing presses.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Re: Report: Another 1500 pages of regulations added LAST WEEK
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 11:34:02 AM »
and like dollars will become totally worthless because they can't be enforced....

though they will be used to control the innocent
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Report: Another 1500 pages of regulations added LAST WEEK
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 11:38:47 AM »
I don't even think these new bills burn well or make very good insulation...   :P  ...but regulations lubbed by bureaucrats might burn well...   ::angel::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.