Author Topic: Woman being followed calls the police, and she is the one arrested  (Read 2011 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Woman being followed calls the police, and she is the one arrested
« on: September 20, 2012, 11:35:43 AM »
This really could go in multiple categories, but I put it here because the ultimate problem is the mindless "zero tolerance" dogma of education.  Relocate if desired. Short story, a woman who has a valid CCW permit was being followed and she called the police out of fear. Because she was parked on school grounds, she was the one who went to jail. That's right, she violated the "no guns on campus" law, the same law that has so far been mysteriously evaded by every lunatic who actually perpetrated a school shooting.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/09/19/3541239/police-woman-had-gun-on-school.html

A Charlotte elementary school was briefly placed on lockdown Wednesday morning after a parent brought a gun on campus.

School officials at David Cox Elementary in north Charlotte placed the campus on a lockdown for about 20 minutes around 10 a.m. after a gun was discovered in a woman's car.

Charlotte-Mecklenburg police said the woman called 911 asking for their help because she was being followed. Police searched her car on campus and discovered the gun.

The woman has a permit to carry a firearm, but it's against the law to have firearms on a school campus, police said.

The woman was arrested, NewsChannel 36 has learned, but her name has not been released.

Officials said no one was hurt during the incident.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Re: Woman being followed calls the police, and she is the one arrested
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 11:39:25 AM »

Officials said no one was hurt during the incident.

But the Constitution faded just a little more....
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 11:59:32 AM »
Yeah, typically media whores writing this piece, scant on details but even if authorities and principles in the story are not talking, when convenient for the MFMers that doesn't stop them from speculating are getting others to speculate for them!

Too many question left hanging!

1)  Who was following her, anybody got a clue?  Anybody investigate that?   ::saywhat::

2)  WTF prompted the police to search someones car after THEY reported being followed by someone?  Are the fricken cops the one following her?  Probabale cause?  WTF?!   ::saywhat::  (If she was asked and allowed the police to search her or her vehicle, bad move, should just sit in your car and talk out the window!  Never ever surrender your rights!  Why do so many eff this up?  Another lesson that the police are too often not your friend.  And avoid schools and other "criminal only" zones...I say "criminal only" because in these zones only criminals should roam...sensible citizens should be elsewhere!)

3)  Was there a threat phoned into the school, WTF is the lockdown for?  "Scared woman in the parking lot sitting in her car waiting to talk to the police!  Cops say she has a gun and permit!  Holy sh*t!  A bitter-clinger terrorist Nappy Janet warned us of!  Code Red!  Code Red!  Lockdown the school!"  WTF?!   ::saywhat::

4) On campus = in car in parking lot = pathetic overreaction (see "criminal only" zone above)!   ::mooning::

5) Was she really a threat?  Come on you pussy cops?  This is another example of making criminals out of law-abidding citizens!   ::gaah::

Lessons learned?

1)  Stay away from cops.

2)  Stay away from criminal only zones.

3)  Don't ever allow the cops to search anything or question you without a lawyer present no matter how innocent you are of anything, they look for reasons regardless how nice you are, don't give them anything!

4)  If you're being followed, pull over, if they stop behind you give them the finger and wave them to pass you, if they pass you follow them and find out where they are going and who the fvck they are, if they fail to pass you and just stay behind you then you have time to call backup.  If they get out of the car with weapons and approach you, riddle thier center mass until the moving stops.

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 12:05:14 PM »
My guess on Question 2 is that she was obeying the law that requires CCW permit holders to identify themselves as such in any interaction with police. There is an interesting comment on the article speculating that it violates 5th Amendment rights to make a person self-incriminate in such a scenario.

This stuff drives me insane. It's like the guy who was arrested in New Jersey for having a pistol. He had checked it onto a flight at the origin, and due to bad weather or something, the flight was diverted to New Jersey and delayed. So he picked up his luggage including the checked firearm and was arrested for it.

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2012, 12:08:02 PM »
My guess on Question 2 is that she was obeying the law that requires CCW permit holders to identify themselves as such in any interaction with police. There is an interesting comment on the article speculating that it violates 5th Amendment rights to make a person self-incriminate in such a scenario.

This stuff drives me insane. It's like the guy who was arrested in New Jersey for having a pistol. He had checked it onto a flight at the origin, and due to bad weather or something, the flight was diverted to New Jersey and delayed. So he picked up his luggage including the checked firearm and was arrested for it.

Totally devoid of common sense, LEOs, prosecutors, judges...they are all mindless ruling class POS's!  If you are not part of the solution, that makes you part of the problem!

Well past time problems were resolved with closure.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2012, 12:20:20 PM »
In the scenarios I foresee as probable, local law enforcement is going to have a pretty stark decision to make -- each of them on an individual basis. They can be on the side of the citizen, liberty, and justice, or they can be on the side of a corrupt, tyrannical, statist regime. I hope they choose wisely.

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2012, 12:26:49 PM »
In the scenarios I foresee as probable, local law enforcement is going to have a pretty stark decision to make -- each of them on an individual basis. They can be on the side of the citizen, liberty, and justice, or they can be on the side of a corrupt, tyrannical, statist regime. I hope they choose wisely.

I have my reservations...

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2012, 01:12:55 PM »

Totally devoid of common sense, LEOs, prosecutors, judges...they are all mindless ruling class POS's!  If you are not part of the solution, that makes you part of the problem!

Well past time problems were resolved with EXTREME closure.

FIFY
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2012, 01:53:09 PM »
Now there's some industrial-grade stupid going on there!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2012, 02:00:48 PM »

Well past time problems were resolved with EXTREME closure.

FIFY

::hat-tip::