Author Topic: Virtual tour of Peter's tomb and the Necropolis  (Read 1106 times)

CatholicCrusader

Virtual tour of Peter's tomb and the Necropolis
« on: September 20, 2012, 03:35:29 PM »
The rest of you probably won't get as big a thrill out of this as I did, but you should watch it anyway just for the historical signifigance.

Its a virtual tour of Peter's tomb and the Necropolis at the Vatican Website:

LINK: Vatican Necropolis

When you click begin, a little video accompanied by pages of scripture turning over will last for about 20 seconds. It will lead you to the altar, below the altar, to the door that takes you below.

After that, a little link will appear that says "proceed down to Peter's tomb". Click that, and you'll hear about a one minute narrative. After that, click "continue". THAT is when you can control the camera for yourself. You can click & hold to move the picture around, and there's a virtual map that tells you where you're at. When you see little keys in the picture, you can click those too.

I think its great. The Vatican website has all kinds of nifty little places to wander off into.

Check it out - tell me what you think.

EDIT: Wow. It took me ten minutes to figure out how to walk from room to room. I kept going around in circles. LOL. But I finally got to the tomb. It takes a while to figure out how to move around

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Re: Virtual tour of Peter's tomb and the Necropolis
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 04:24:19 PM »
cool

thanks
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Virtual tour of Peter's tomb and the Necropolis
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, 11:39:59 AM »
Pretty interesting.  Wonder how many actually get to go down there in person.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.