Author Topic: EPA will cause the national blackout  (Read 858 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
EPA will cause the national blackout
« on: September 22, 2012, 02:15:15 PM »
All in the name of Gaia and protecting us from ourselves and our wonton polluting ways...just remember that once electricity disappears...we might as well get some use out of those street lights... 
 ;)

http://dailycaller.com/2012/09/21/report-more-than-200-coal-fired-generators-slated-for-shutdown/

"The most affected states include Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Virginia, and North Carolina..."

Are there ads targeting Obama & Dem's in these states?  If not, why not?!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: EPA will cause the national blackout
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 05:40:07 PM »
I read that and I can feel my hair setting itself on fire.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, 05:42:16 PM »
I read that and I can feel my hair setting itself on fire.

at least you'll be warm    ::exitstageleft::
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2012, 06:14:26 PM »
Stay away from flamables!

Seriously, we are swan-diving into the abyss...

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2012, 09:19:02 PM »
Oh, and just in case we proles have the temerity to ask: no new nuclear plants either.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2012, 12:08:54 AM »
Hey, I got an idear. How about the deadline for shutdown comes and goes, and the plants just remain open and continue to generate electricity, and set up a county sheriff's deputy or two at each one - or better yet, National Guard - forbidding federal agents from interfering with operations?

Any motherf**kers think of that? dammit.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2012, 12:17:19 AM »
Hey, I got an idear. How about the deadline for shutdown comes and goes, and the plants just remain open and continue to generate electricity, and set up a county sheriff's deputy or two at each one - or better yet, National Guard - forbidding federal agents from interfering with operations?

Stellar idear.  Whaddathey gonna do then?  Start shooting people?

WAR.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2012, 12:18:49 AM »

Right now the thought of that still falls under "that would be crazy", but it won't always be so. Eventually they will make conditions so bad that things once having a deterrent effect no longer will. And it's going to take exactly that sort of thing -- open defiance of federal dictates -- before there can be any hope of remedying this problem.

All branches of the federal government are in collusion to reduce us under tyranny. The Supreme Court made that clear when it issued its "the federal government has no meaningful limits on its power" ruling in June. The governments of the individual states may now be the only hope. I see civil war as an inevitability regardless.

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2012, 06:50:30 AM »
Sometimes a just war comes along, this will be one of them.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2012, 08:34:24 AM »
Seriously, what are the feds gonna do? Start bombing power plants?

No, they'll send a sternly worded admonition about the rule of law, and then the EPA will sue in federal court.

Then the state should step in and say "Our citizens are not subject to this suit, and have been authorized by the state to ignore it. Molon Labe, or STFD. Our people need electricity and they don't need tyranny."
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2012, 09:56:25 AM »
Dollars are sent to China for their Coal Industry

As the United States coal industry is put out of business by Obama’s EPA, as he promised to do, the United Mine Workers are finding out that their investment in the Democratic Party is backfiring in their face in a most severe fashion. ANR (Alpha Natural Resources) announced on Monday that they would be closing 8 mines and  laying off 1,200 workers due to diminished demand thanks to the EPA and other regulatory interference reducing demand.

While the U.S. is destroying the one industry with abundant natural resources until a more efficient replacement is available on a widespread basis, the House Energy and Commerce subcommittee was holding a hearing asking the question as to why the U.S. was spending $189,000 on a grant to the Communist Chinese coal industry to improve their mining efficiency.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2012, 10:25:01 AM »
Seriously, what are the feds gonna do? Start bombing power plants?

No, they'll send a sternly worded admonition about the rule of law, and then the EPA will sue in federal court.

Then the state should step in and say "Our citizens are not subject to this suit, and have been authorized by the state to ignore it. Molon Labe, or STFD. Our people need electricity and they don't need tyranny."

They will threaten to freeze the assets of the power companies in question, causing their nervous shareholders to demand immediate cooperation. Employees won't show up to work for an employer who can't pay them.

Similarly any state that interferes will risk all the many forms of federal "aid", which the states and local governments have been quite deliberately force fed in order to create such dependency.

- Yours Truly

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2012, 12:46:33 PM »

This has always been my thoughts to a "T". Screw them, constitutionally, they haven's a leg to stand on as they've seemed to usurp powers delegated by the several states. Again this is why I believe the Secret Service has screwed us so royally, they refuse to even look at the unconstitutional horsesh*t type antics and eligibility requirements this asshole has dished out. Let the war begin already. If I die, so be it as I would rather be dead than live under the tyranny of progressives.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2012, 02:36:14 PM »

They will threaten to freeze the assets of the power companies in question, causing their nervous shareholders to demand immediate cooperation. Employees won't show up to work for an employer who can't pay them.

Similarly any state that interferes will risk all the many forms of federal "aid", which the states and local governments have been quite deliberately force fed in order to create such dependency.

Yeah, this quickly goes from non-compliance to succession.  The best way to deal with the Aid issue to is tell your citizens that they now officially owe no Federal Income tax, but State taxes will be going up to make for the short fall caused by loosing aid.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2012, 06:00:10 PM »
Dollars are sent to China for their Coal Industry

As the United States coal industry is put out of business by Obama’s EPA, as he promised to do, the United Mine Workers are finding out that their investment in the Democratic Party is backfiring in their face in a most severe fashion. ANR (Alpha Natural Resources) announced on Monday that they would be closing 8 mines and  laying off 1,200 workers due to diminished demand thanks to the EPA and other regulatory interference reducing demand.

While the U.S. is destroying the one industry with abundant natural resources until a more efficient replacement is available on a widespread basis, the House Energy and Commerce subcommittee was holding a hearing asking the question as to why the U.S. was spending $189,000 on a grant to the Communist Chinese coal industry to improve their mining efficiency.

Pefect illustration of the Obama Regime unsanity...destroy American industry and lower American living standards and help our enemies...it doesn't get any more stark than that!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2012, 06:01:19 PM »

Yeah, this quickly goes from non-compliance to succession.  The best way to deal with the Aid issue to is tell your citizens that they now officially owe no Federal Income tax, but State taxes will be going up to make for the short fall caused by loosing aid.

Yeah, takes cajones of several to do, would love to see it, despair I will never observe it with my own eyes...

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2012, 06:54:38 PM »

And with that in mind the over all tax burden will be less thanks to the now straight path to the treasury absent of paying for the federal bureaucracy. ::thumbsup::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline EW1(SG)

• Who? Me?
    • EW1's Intercept Log
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2012, 08:40:31 PM »
These plants are not be shut down by government fiat:  They are being closed because nobody can afford to run them and comply with the EPA's bizarro world regulations.
My doctor told me to start killing people.  Not in those exact words, she said I had to reduce the stress in my life.

Same thing.