Author Topic: Race is close in Pennsylvania  (Read 424 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Race is close in Pennsylvania
« on: September 23, 2012, 10:46:15 PM »
As a contrast to the daily "Obama has this one in the bag" stories that the MFM are peddling in overdrive, here is an article from the Drudge Report that shows a surprisingly close race in Pennsylvania. As a state, it is regarded as reliably Blue. But there are a couple of key points in this story, which I think are reflective of opinion in other states as well, though it is not being reported:

Obama polled 47 percent to Romney's 45 percent among likely Pennsylvania voters, with 6 percent of voters undecided and 44 days until Election Day, according to the survey by Susquehanna Polling & Research.
Voters continue to put the economy at the top of their list of concerns. Only one in three believes the country is headed in the right direction.

Yet, a deeper look at the numbers shows a more nuanced picture. Romney leads Obama, 48 percent to 44 percent, on the question of who would create jobs to speed up the recovery.
“Three in four (undecided voters) say the country’s going in the wrong direction,” Lee said. If they believe that, they’re unlikely to back the incumbent, he said. “They’re either staying home or they’re voting for Romney.”

If you simply connect the dots between the bolded portions, I think there is something significant going on, and I don't think it is limited to Pennsylvania.

http://triblive.com/home/2641005-74/obama-percent-romney-poll-voters-pennsylvania-leads-lee-margin-points#axzz27M3cSOXD
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Re: Race is close in Pennsylvania
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 02:28:02 AM »
I think there is something significant going on, and I don't think it is limited to Pennsylvania.

That is exactly what I have been thinking for some time now. Incumbent south of 50%...undecideds will break the other way. Happens every time.

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 07:39:01 AM »
I hope my neighbors are as smart as this indicates

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 07:44:13 AM »
I never assume my neighbors are smart, and I am usually not disappointed.  Hope y'all have better luck! 
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 10:02:11 AM »
I never assume my neighbors are smart, and I am usually not disappointed.  Hope y'all have better luck! 
I'm hardly ever pleasantly surprised about my Pa neighbors.

More like wishful thinking