Author Topic: The Rubin Report: Syria  (Read 1572 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
The Rubin Report: Syria
« on: September 24, 2012, 01:29:40 PM »
The Syrian civil war has crossed a red line. Some people may think this happened a few weeks or months ago but at any rate it is clearly true now. The prospects for an Islamist (Muslim Brotherhood, Salafist, and Jihadist) takeover have risen high enough that it is better to freeze Western intervention. In other words, the West should not do more to aid the rebellion and should consider stopping its current efforts in that direction.

Here is a fact so shocking that it should be the centerpiece of any discussion over Syria. It is so important I'm going to put it in bold:

The Obama Administration is backing (Islamist) Turkey as the distributor of weapons supplied by (opportunistically pro-Islamist) Qatar.  Turkey and Qatar want to give the Muslim Brotherhood a monopoly over receiving weapons even though most of the rebels are non- and even anti-Islamist. As this happens, the Obama Administration is thus working directly to install a revolutionary Islamist regime in Syria that will disrupt the region, help shred, U.S. interests, and battle with Israel for decades to come. A number of Republican senators see no problem with this strategy.

Actually, it's even worse.  Due to historical developments, the Syrian Brotherhood is more radical than its Egyptian counterpart.

... Western and especially American policy is doing tremendous harm: not by helping the "rebels" but by working with Turkey and Qatar to help the most anti-Western, anti-American, antisemitic, extremist rebels, the Muslim Brotherhood and the Jihadists from smaller groups all the way up to al-Qaida.

...  So far I have seen absolutely no indication that any leaders on the Republican side understand this. Some of the latter, like Senator John McCain, are mindless interventionists. One can only hope that the next U.S. president understands the distinctions that must be made in Syria.

But let's be clear here. The Obama Administration helped install an anti-American, destabilizing radical regime in Egypt. It has a big responsibility. What's happening in Syria goes beyond that. There's no rationale of claiming that Obama had limited influence or didn't know what he was doing. The administration's Syria policy is a direct crime against U.S. interests. It is also a grave blow against Israel, would condemn the Syrian people to decades of slavery, and would increase the likelihood of war and terrorism in the region.

What this means to us:

... As I have tried to explain repeatedly, the Obama Administration has the following view: al-Qaida is evil and a terrible threat and must be wiped out. All other Islamists can be won over if the US shows it is not their enemy. After all, they are not attacking the United States directly. Therefore if the US is good to them, respectful toward Islam, and shows it isn't afraid of their taking power, they will understand this and their hostility will be reduced. Being in power will moderate them. The main point of origin of this within government was the CIA and, of course, Obama and his appointees in the White House. There are some at the State Department who back this idea but the institution generally has opposed it. Of course, these people follow orders and after a while start to believe what they are saying.

They're not attacking the US directly YET.  They will.  The muslim brotherhood has thoroughly infiltrated and infested our government.

RTWT
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: The Rubin Report: Syria
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 07:20:29 PM »
 ::speechless::  WTF?  We are under attack, we are aiding those who would enslave us under Sharia and kill the rest...

Hello, Earth?  Any intelligent life down there?!

Hello?!

::gaah::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 04:31:14 PM »

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2012-10-05/hostilities-between-turkey-and-syria-resume-two-countries-exchange-fire

Turkey relatiating promptly, as it concurrently summoned NATO and demanded an Article 4 redress while passing a bill allowing its military to conduct cross-border operations in Syria, essentially giving itself a carte blanche to invade Syria without declaring outright war. Today, 48 hours later, Turkey may just get the opportunity to execute on this brand new law. Reuters reports that "the Turkish military returned fire after a mortar bomb fired from Syria landed in countryside in southern Turkey, the state-run Anatolian news agency reported the governor of Hatay province as saying on Friday. Turkish artillery bombarded Syrian military targets on Wednesday and Thursday in response to shelling by Syrian forces that killed five Turkish civilians further east along the border." Ignore that the official plotline said that Syria "apologized" for its offense, even as "an online video purporting to be from Jabhat al-Nusra, a jihadist group accused of ties to al-Qaeda, claimed responsibility."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 12:04:09 PM »
The usual bad actors with ties to Iran are causing a lot of havoc, not that this Regime wants to acknowledge that...

It's all just more spontaneous demonstrations ya know...
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 07:05:42 AM by Libertas »

charlesoakwood

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2013, 04:24:02 PM »

Here is a fact so shocking that it should be the centerpiece of any discussion over Syria. It is so important I'm going to put it in bold:

The Obama Administration is backing (Islamist) Turkey as the distributor of weapons supplied by (opportunistically pro-Islamist) Qatar.  Turkey and Qatar want to give the Muslim Brotherhood a monopoly over receiving weapons ...

...   ...  ...  ...
RTWT

Pressing on with new information on the Qatari jihad assistance program moving buying into Europe.  Or; why send boots sandals of conquest when you can purchase your forward operating base?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/mar/04/qatar-emir-buys-six-greek-islands

(:

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 07:08:24 AM »
Slitting your own throat by proxy is psychotic behavior.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2013, 05:12:33 AM »
From whence comes the information that most of the rebels are "non and even anti-Islamist" ? That assertion seems a bit dubious to me .

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2013, 07:07:01 AM »
That's a lot of words for bullshyt, right?   ;)

Yeah, I think they pulled that one out of their arse in the hopes that the Low Info voter will buy it and the MFM peddles it.

Offline sfetter

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2013, 10:54:14 AM »
I believe that Obongo and the far left are so arrogant that they believe they can control these Muslim groups.  Of course all of us who have a brain know how deadly this is going to be.  Many American lives will be lost due to these policies supporting our evil enemy's around the world. 

While the sheep just keep grazing.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2013, 11:01:23 AM »
I must not have looked carefully enough for this thread, even though I knew -- aaah!  there's the reason, I put it in the Radical Islam/GWOT section -- when I wanted to add a few things.

Thanks for resurrecting it, sfetter.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2013, 11:03:10 AM »
I believe that Obongo and the far left are so arrogant that they believe they can control these Muslim groups...

I am of the opinion that they do not seek to control them, but rather, to unleash them.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2013, 11:13:13 AM »
I believe that Obongo and the far left are so arrogant that they believe they can control these Muslim groups...

I am of the opinion that they do not seek to control them, but rather, to unleash them.

And, gee, don't they just love it when a plan comes together.  The middle east is on fire and much of it can be lain (laid?) at the feet of that SOB in the WH.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2013, 11:34:06 AM »

And, gee, don't they just love it when a plan comes together.  The middle east is on fire and much of it can be lain (laid?) at the feet of that SOB in the WH.

Shhhh!  Low info voters are slumbering quietly, don't upset the herd!!!

/