Author Topic: France to legalize same-sex "marriage", change language  (Read 1068 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
Re: France to legalize same-sex "marriage", change language
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 09:07:48 AM »
It's only a small part of a large list of words deemed too old-fashioned to the french including:

Courage
Responsibility
Self-respect
Future

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 10:25:51 AM »
Military victory

OK, someone had to grab the low hanging fruit left by Alphabet.

::pimp::

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 10:51:25 AM »
Military victory

OK, someone had to grab the low hanging fruit left by Alphabet.

::pimp::

;)

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 11:28:45 AM »
It's only a small part of a large list of words deemed too old-fashioned to the french including:

Courage
Responsibility
Self-respect
Future

I just went to a museum....not something I get to do very often, but there was an extensive collection of swords. One Scottish sword even, taken from a wounded officer, and one from a British officer, and a local militia sword, etc.....most types of swords they had only one example of, but the French swords were so plentiful that  they even made designs with the swords hung upon the wall. I inquired about it, and was told that French swords are very cheap because they are so plentiful. They could be found strewn upon any battlefield by the hundreds.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 11:37:28 AM »
1mas·cu·line adjective \?mas-ky?-l?n\
Definition of MASCULINE
1a : male b : having qualities appropriate to or usually associated with a man
2: of, relating to, or constituting the gender that ordinarily includes most words or grammatical forms referring to males <masculine nouns>
3a : having or occurring in a stressed final syllable <masculine rhyme> b : having the final chord occurring on a strong beat <masculine cadence>
— mas·cu·line·ly adverb
— mas·cu·lin·i·ty \?mas-ky?-?li-n?-t?\ noun
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2012, 12:50:53 PM »
Why should we care that they just make it official. There haven't been any men there since WWII.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2012, 12:54:17 PM »
Why should we care that they just make it official. There haven't been any men there since WWII.

Because this sort of thing spreads, and it's already happening here in certain quarters.

The Left, and even some on the Right, keep asking how same-sex "marriage" will harm *your* marriage, and this is one way; the language will be changed to accommodate the deviants, which in turn will apply to everyone.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2012, 01:04:58 PM »

Courage
Responsibility
Self-respect
Future

I just went to a museum....not something I get to do very often, but there was an extensive collection of swords. One Scottish sword even, taken from a wounded officer, and one from a British officer, and a local militia sword, etc.....most types of swords they had only one example of, but the French swords were so plentiful that  they even made designs with the swords hung upon the wall. I inquired about it, and was told that French swords are very cheap because they are so plentiful. They could be found strewn upon any battlefield by the hundreds.

Reminds me of a joke I've seen elsewhere (paraphrase): "Yankee officer's sword for sale. Never used, small scratch from when dropped on ground"